Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

Ocelot

Learned
Not sure if this counts since it's not actually part of the game but Skyrim has a great deal of mods that allow you to customize the game to an amazing degree. By itself Skyrim is mediocre and shallow but at least it has enough mods to let you improve whatever you may not like.

laclongquan

Arcane
Or the ever-popular "light the grease on fire to cause an area to burn". It made the magic system stand out a bit because it encouraged experimentation, you could learn those combos from your own findings or random notes from other mages and they made the magic look a bit more unique.

Is there any other game that make grease become an AOE spell? I think a NWN2 mod got it but I may be wrong about that.

vota DC

Augur
Naughty Dog games are Playstation exclusive, so PC users are safe.

In Heroes of Might and Magic 6 one faction has Street Sharks.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Dragon Age 2 is probably my favorite turd tier ARPG because of the absurd volume of both blood and breasts, the totally-not-muslims-and-brainwashed-allies foes and the priceless ability to skip the writer's crap by telling people to shut their mouths up and keep their shit to themselves without hindering the progression, something unvaluable in a BioWare game.

Also, the eurotrash Demonicon had an interesting incestuous romance
though you later find out they're not real siblings
, a rewarding character developement (combat at first is a pain but later on as the PC gets new skills and moves I found it entertaining), cannibals, a try-hard gritty if somewhat funny C&C and the possiblity of displaying true love at the beautiful end :shittydog:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Dragon Age 2 tried to create a story that is more personal, lower in scale and different from the classic Bioware tropes.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I really liked the looks of non-organic stuff (weapons, armor, melee) in Fallout 4.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Two Worlds, despite being buggy as hell, was actually quite entertaining. Entertaining enough to make me finish it (despite terrible voice acting).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Might and magic X,there are eight and a half games before it.
Modern shitty games do have some nice drama and memes.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dragon Age: Inquisition has a nice main theme. I still hum it from time to time.
Also, it handeled savegame import comparatively well.

Divinity: Original Sin had generally fun combat.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
- Dragon Age Origins had a decent and fun spell combo system. I think DOS took some inspiration from DAO, maybe?

Spell combo was interesting, but I liked even more how they implemented the cost of buffs, reducing your mana bar permanently while it's active. A neat way to preven overbuffing.

DA:O also had the "origins" idea, which was rather ambitious even if it ended up being a bit meh. I liked the idea of mages being locked up as dangerous monsters.

Max Stats

Liturgist
Of all the things wrong Bioware did with ME3, the original ending wasn't really bad, certainly not worth all the whining that ensued.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom