Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Savage Bliss: An Epic Open World Rpg

Wizardry 7 series or Might and Magic VI?

• Wizardry

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Might and Magic

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
Well its that time. Savage Bliss is finally released as of 9/12/2016
This game is awsome it was inspired from quite a few pc rpgs, (wizardry,might and magic 6,ultima 7)
Savage Bliss has been in the making for over a year. And much detail has been spent on quests and loot system. The story is original and fascinating. The developer is a diehard pc rpg fan since the late 80's so he knows what makes a good rpg.
Check it out:
http://gamejolt.com/games/savage-bliss-an-epic-open-world-rpg/189089
http://savagebliss.biz.ht/

Some info on the game:
From the deepest dungeons to the intrigues of the biggest cities, lead a band of adventurers on a long and treacherous journey of amazing depth and intelligence. Level up your characters through battle or quests. Gather your forces, forge new allegiances and destroy the mighty Arzak Empire. The fate of the world is in your hands! Savage Bliss is one of the the biggest pc rpgs to date, offering hundreds of hours of gameplay and is considered a genre defining example. Experience the Legend! over 100 side quests, over 75 dungeons and caves to explore. 20 villages, towns, and cities to find out many story's and quests. With over 500 npc's you will find Savage Bliss to be a living breathing world. Tons of random loot alot was put into the loot system with over 1000 items, weapons, and armor. 75 spells split into domains.

The greatest thing about Savage Bliss is it never gets boring, There is always something to do, Quests to be solved, Dungeons and Caves to explore. You will never get bored. The loot system is just amazing, Alot of random loot always gives you something new to look forward too. If you can remember the good old Might and Magic and Wizardry days this game is geared towards both of those.

DraQ

Arcane
First tip: you really need to work on your sales pitch, especially when directing it towards a group of jaded, bitter and overal hateful people liable to get instinctively and intensely suspicious paranoid the moment they think they smell one.

Probably the most realistic option is to make it sound less like one (to dull the gut reaction) while also openly acknowledging that it is one from the very start (as in "the very first line") because, face it, you aren't fooling anyone - of course it's awesome - like anything anyone has ever tried to peddle to anyone else (also, it helps if you spell "awesome" "awesome").

Now:
The story is original and fascinating.
How so?
The developer is a diehard pc rpg fan since the late 80's so he knows what makes a good rpg.
Quite few guys who are couldn't find their arse with both hands when it comes to game design. This includes a good bunch of *accomplished* devs as well as vast majority of this site's population.
Some info on the game:
From the deepest dungeons to the intrigues of the biggest cities, lead a band of adventurers on a long and treacherous journey of amazing depth and intelligence.
That's not info. That's 100% undiluted generic sales pitch. Also most likely wrong - look up "statistics".
Level up your characters through battle or quests.
Like in about every other cRPG ever?
Gather your forces, forge new allegiances and destroy the mighty Arzak Empire.
Why should I care about this particular asscrack empire as opposed to all the other :insert fantasy name here: :insert political system afterwards:s I have destroyed/saved/something else in all the other fantasy games?

The fate of the world is in your hands!
For the 75432334445th time and counting.
I'm trembling with anticipation.

Savage Bliss is one of the the biggest pc rpgs to date
How many? For example every cRPG is one of the biggest if you take all the cRPGs out there.

offering hundreds of hours of gameplay
About the par as far as open world games are concerned.

and is considered a genre defining example.
By whom?
over 100 side quests, over 75 dungeons and caves to explore. 20 villages, towns, and cities to find out many story's and quests. With over 500 npc's you will find Savage Bliss to be a living breathing world. Tons of random loot alot was put into the loot system with over 1000 items, weapons, and armor. 75 spells split into domains.
Protip: it's no longer mid-90s, for better or worse.

Quests to be solved, Dungeons and Caves to explore.
You mean like in every cRPG ever?

The loot system is just amazing, Alot of random loot always gives you something new to look forward too.
Not always.
ALOT.png

Also pictured an alot.

If you can remember the good old Might and Magic and Wizardry days this game is geared towards both of those.
Ah yes, obligatory classic title drop - no pitch seems to be complete without one.

You see, it seems that you don't really have the hang of this whole "sales pitch thing".
When you try to sell something to someone you want to point out all the ways it's different and superior to the rest of the market, not how it's all the same.
That's doubly applicable when you’re an indie/startup, rather than an established player on the market with a lot of weight to throw around. The only way for your startup to gain some sort of foothold is to do something new that also happens (in retrospect) to be something smart. You don't do that by copying guys who are already on the market because they are already there with hype, funds and established market slice while you are not.

Now tell me at least one specific thing that is unique about your game, or GTFO and go flipping burgers while your awesome indie shop inevitably folds.

PS:
People can be mean on the internet.

Dorateen

Arcane
I don't know if I would have used Bliss in the title. Maybe something like "Savage Glory". But what's done is done.

Inspired by Wizardry and Might & magic, you say. How many party members, and what races/classes are available? Is there a link to a straight up FAQ about gameplay? I checked out screenshots, looks like combat plays out on a battlefield with characters represented on the screen, instead of just portraits.

Edit after more research:

OK, looks like top down view, four character party. When I think Might & Magic/Wizardry, I think first person exploration. There's a city of Wood Elves. Are there dwarves?

Last edited:
An Epic Open World Rpg
original and fascinating
diehard pc rpg fan

Say no more, marketing plant sir! You have managed to convince me that this game, which at first glance appears very much to resemble a steaming pile of RPGMaker turd, is in fact the second coming of Grimoire -- which is made all the more impressive since the first coming only happens next Friday!

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
Well...to say the least I am not a salesman :)
As far as races there are 7, also 7 classes. The game is nothing like those jrpg maker games. Savage Bliss is more like a rogue. it is top down view you can have up to 6 characters in your party and 2 npc's
there are cities with dwarves as well.

DraQ

Arcane
TBH the OP wasn't motivating enough for me to go and click the links.
(Writing the reply is different - apart from releasing some venom I'm genuinely curious about the thought process behind construction of "hey buy this thing, it's exactly the same as everything else!" marketing pitch.)

DraQ

Arcane
Or at least an excessively poor one.

Let's pretend I was from Larian and wanted to sell Divinity II in a paragraph or less.

I would have said something about humour and general off-beat stuff (because that's established Larian territory), something about music (likewise, RIP Kiril), maybe a line of two about atmospheric and surreal environments (with examples!) and decorated it with ability to become a dragon (few RPGs let you play as even a part time dragon) as cherry on top. Maybe spelled out an example of a quest solution for the undecided.

Now let's pretend I was from old BIs, wanting to sell PS:T. I would have tried to get potential players invested in the mystery of TNO's story and atmospheric weirdness of Planescape setting. It's not often that you wake in a mortuary with a skull chatting at you and it's definitely uncommon for things to get weirder from there. At the same time PS:T stays surprisingly grounded and gritty (again, examples, not blahblahlivingworld500npcs - no one fucking cares that it isn't 496) plus it seems driven to make a point about shooting pretty much every cRPG cliche it can find in the face (a fantasy cRPG without GP, swords, suits of plate armor, comely elven maidens to join your party or fireball spells, but the one where you can get oneshotted with ball lightining by a bunch of rats - and it makes sense - and which often feels like some sort of surreal mixture of modern day third worldia, bronze age, steampunk and weird methaphysical acid trip).

If you can't make a paragraph about your creation explaining why and how it's unique in a desirable manner, without using generic and subjective superlatives or citing raw data, then it's simply not worth buying or even playing for free.
And if you keep sidestepping anything that would actually be informative in favour of generic superlatives (like "awsome") or plain old dishonesty (like "is considered...") then you're just a fucking weasel and come off as a pathological liar to the point where, should you suddenly declare yourself to be alive, people would reflexively look for livor mortis on your person.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
As far as races there are 7, also 7 classes. The game is nothing like those jrpg maker games. Savage Bliss is more like a rogue. it is top down view you can have up to 6 characters in your party and 2 npc's

First I wasn't convinced but then...

there are cities with dwarves as well.

:d1p:

You should have called yourself Willy Loman, sir.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Let's pretend I was from Larian and wanted to sell Divinity II in a paragraph or less.

I would have said something about humour and general off-beat stuff (because that's established Larian territory), something about music (likewise, RIP Kiril), maybe a line of two about atmospheric and surreal environments (with examples!) and decorated it with ability to become a dragon (few RPGs let you play as even a part time dragon) as cherry on top. Maybe spelled out an example of a quest solution for the undecided.

Now let's pretend I was from old BIs, wanting to sell PS:T. I would have tried to get potential players invested in the mystery of TNO's story and atmospheric weirdness of Planescape setting. It's not often that you wake in a mortuary with a skull chatting at you and it's definitely uncommon for things to get weirder from there. At the same time PS:T stays surprisingly grounded and gritty (again, examples, not blahblahlivingworld500npcs - no one fucking cares that it isn't 496) plus it seems driven to make a point about shooting pretty much every cRPG cliche it can find in the face (a fantasy cRPG without GP, swords, suits of plate armor, comely elven maidens to join your party or fireball spells, but the one where you can get oneshotted with ball lightining by a bunch of rats - and it makes sense - and which often feels like some sort of surreal mixture of modern day third worldia, bronze age, steampunk and weird methaphysical acid trip).

If you can't make a paragraph about your creation explaining why and how it's unique in a desirable manner, without using generic and subjective superlatives or citing raw data, then it's simply not worth buying or even playing for free.
And if you keep sidestepping anything that would actually be informative in favour of generic superlatives (like "awsome") or plain old dishonesty (like "is considered...") then you're just a fucking weasel and come off as a pathological liar to the point where, should you suddenly declare yourself to be alive, people would reflexively look for livor mortis on your person.

You really have to be a low life. I'm sure you are sitting in a chair at your computer sucking down mountain dew all day while your wife is out working lol.

Mustawd

You really have to be a low life. I'm sure you are sitting in a chair at your computer sucking down mountain dew all day while your wife is out working lol.

Fuck off dude. DraQ is giving you some in depth feedback, and you just decide to be pretty juvenile about it instead of addressing his points. Yeah, way to build good will. Jackass.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
Look people I only came to share another rpg with you all. Bottom line is if you enjoy rpg's especially old school's you would most likely enjoy Savage Bliss. It was just released yesterday and has sold 18 copies so far I do not think that is doing all that bad? Sure this is not made from bioware, but it is still fun.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
although the OP is atrocious and seems almost parody the fucker just had to go and name-drop Wizardry at the very end and force me to go look at videos.

"well... dungeons, caves, loot system, and he ended with Wizardry... maybe he's just really earnest and naive and the game is actually good. lemme go find a video."

i was very disappointed.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Saw presedential candidate Hillary Clinton walking down a street in Manhattan last week. She was minding her own business when suddenly a black mercedes with tinted windows pulled up and Donald Trump jumped out. He ran up to her, punched her in the gut, then did a German suplex on her. He spat on her then quickly ran back to the car before it drove off. I know the election campaign can get cutthroat, but this is just ridiculous.

pippin

Here we go!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom