Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Sands of Space - sci-fi turn-based RPG (in development)

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
28.png

Also I thinking to split Speech skill into three skills such as Persuasion, Intimidation, Deception. But I need more time to play with it.

I'd keep one skill but would tie it to intellect, strength (or will) and intuition respectively...

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'd keep one skill but would tie it to intellect, strength (or will) and intuition respectively...

Thanks! I will back to the code after all visual part and will test different implementation of basic game mechanics of stats and skills. So right now it's only thinking.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Greetings!

Thank you Abu Antar! Very appreciated!

I have something to add to Abu Antar post. Common icons are ready such as Stealth, Repair, Hack etc. And some of psi abilities got icons too.

41.png

42.png

Thanks!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Looks good and I'll definitely buy it. It hit all my bases without my needing to look at it much so I'm not sure if the black archeologist is a black guy, or if black is related to the plague/field of study. But if it is a black guy, thank you. It makes me happy thinking the hordes of racist and utterly stupid children of this site will be forced to play a black guy, since no one cares when we are forced to play whites in shitty rpgs that inflict pre-generated characters on us like in Witcher, Gothic, etc.

The best rpgs will always have chargen and full party gen so nothing with ever be inflicted on the player, not even recruitable npcs, but if I'm going to have someone inflicted onto me or my party - this is the way to go.

Bocian

Arcane
Can you tell something about the system requirements you predict for this game?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Can you tell something about the system requirements you predict for this game?

I think it will be similar to ATOM RPG system requirements. Anyway I will add a lot of options to config the game for different video cards. And I really don't want to drop support WinXP but no promise for this.

Sykar

Arcane
Just a few questions:

1.) Will there be environmental hazards like intense heat or cold, radiation, poison gas, etc. which will require special gear?
2.) Any chances of having some interactions with the environment, like being able to destroy cover/walls for example or moving objects with PSI abilities or raw strength or even throwing objects?
3.) I see you have PSI abilities in the game. Will this use some standard "energy" or something more sophisticated?
4.) Will health/psi pool regenerating items restore instantly or over time? Personally I prefer over time.
5.) Any plans on implementing a system for sleep, food and water or will you ignore those aspects?
6.) Do you need time to heal from getting implants?
7.) Can gear/implants break down through use or from damage?
8.) Will we see time sensitive quests?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi!

Just a few questions:

1.) Will there be environmental hazards like intense heat or cold, radiation, poison gas, etc. which will require special gear?

Yes, it will. I have thoughts to make some mechanics about path searching - the path searching system will depends on your character's Intellect value. The higher value then more safety way will be.

Just a few questions:

2.) Any chances of having some interactions with the environment, like being able to destroy cover/walls for example or moving objects with PSI abilities or raw strength or even throwing objects?

Already done. You can see it in the video already. Environment can damage too, for example broken glass will hit all characters in specific radius.

Just a few questions:

3.) I see you have PSI abilities in the game. Will this use some standard "energy" or something more sophisticated?

Well, you mean like a mana?

Just a few questions:

4.) Will health/psi pool regenerating items restore instantly or over time? Personally I prefer over time.

Over time. But there will be some restrictions too.

Just a few questions:

5.) Any plans on implementing a system for sleep, food and water or will you ignore those aspects?

Yes. But not such annoying.

Game mechanics and specification\Progress bar ‘IFS’ - additional factor affecting on the combat

Name: IFS stats which characterizes the ‘morale’ – player’s intoxication, fatigue and so on
Value: from 0 to 1 fractional. For example: 0.01, 0.15 and so on
Description: IFS Intoxication/Fatigue/Spirit

This stat grows up with multiple battles without rest, when receiving damage from heavy weapons (grenades, machine gun, etc.) and also from taking any painkillers that raise health during the combat (intoxication). Its growth is affected by almost everything that does not calls as 'peaceful' actions. The higher value then chances of getting a critical action is higher (fall, or drop weapons, shoot yourself in the leg). Also, the probability of a miss will increase.

Can be removed only by going to the Doctor or by using stats 'Medicine', sleep-rest, gambling, relaxing with girls (or boys as you wish) or by using medbot camera.

Just a few questions:

6.) Do you need time to heal from getting implants?

No need any time. But amount and working quality of implants will depend on your base characteristics. But I'm still thinking about it so maybe it might be changed.

Just a few questions:

7.) Can gear/implants break down through use or from damage?

Yes, but you can repair it.

Just a few questions:

8.) Will we see time sensitive quests?

Probably but not the main quests.

Thanks!

Sykar

Arcane
Hi!

Just a few questions:

Well, you mean like a mana?

Mana, Energy, etc. a simple resource bars which gets used up by each PSI ability you use. Personally I always thought a drain system like in the Shadowrun P&P roleplaying game might be an interesting alternative. In Shadowrun each magic spell drains you and you roll your willpower against it to resist it. If you fail you start being mentally fatigued and if you go well over board you can even suffer physical damage. Weak spells are easy to resist, while powerful spells are hard(er) to resist. What is more the more fatigued you are the more penalties you get and the harder it is to resist the fatigue and also do other tasks.

Just an example of what I meant if there might be a slightly more complex system for using PSI powers.

Thanks for the replies!

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi!

What engine do you use? It reminds me a bit of Age of Decadence.

I'm using Unity 5. I know it's pretty old but it gives me support old system like WinXp.

Mana, Energy, etc. a simple resource bars which gets used up by each PSI ability you use. Personally I always thought a drain system like in the Shadowrun P&P roleplaying game might be an interesting alternative. In Shadowrun each magic spell drains you and you roll your willpower against it to resist it. If you fail you start being mentally fatigued and if you go well over board you can even suffer physical damage. Weak spells are easy to resist, while powerful spells are hard(er) to resist. What is more the more fatigued you are the more penalties you get and the harder it is to resist the fatigue and also do other tasks.

Just an example of what I meant if there might be a slightly more complex system for using PSI powers.

I got your point. Actually PSI mechanic still in process. So I will post about PSI as soon as it will be ready. But it's gonna be extremely depends on IFS value I think.

Thanks for the replies!

You are welcome!

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi guys!

In a game full of the text the main bottleneck is a font. The font should be readable and not complicate the player's life. But choosing a font is very difficult process, as is its color. Plus, here goes the screen resolution and everything is getting worse.

I was planning to order a font. Make it like the old pixel (no, there is no thing like this I guess, but they are very similar to pixels) IBM PC fonts. But, unfortunately, the designer couldn't get the job cause he is very busy. So, I decided to look for a free font that would pass under three main requirements:

1. Absolutely free, up to commercial use.
2. Cyrillic support and at least a couple of languages - French and German (maybe someone will translate it if I find money for this)
3. And my favorite test a set of symbols - "Illegal1 = O0" (zero, letter O, numeral one, and English l and cursive letter l (L)

And I found it. This is the Iosevka font. It's totally free and almost passes the point #3

I will not stop looking for the font of my dreams, but so far, the choice has been made. I hope you like the font. And even if not, it will cause less irritation than Comic Sans.

One more thing. The font size on the screenshots is the minimum that can be set in the game, further - you can only make it larger. The font size changing option will be for sure.

51.png

52.png

And I'm still in progress of creating models for the environment.

43.png

47.png

upload_2018-10-7_22-27-28.png

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom