Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Salt And Sanctuary (2D "Souls" game)

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
So you playing on console right, not like I magically missed a PC release ?

Yeah, I bought a PS4 to play Bloodborne. The PC version doesn't come out for a couple months IIRC.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Salt or Sanctuary, which is better and why?

I like the game so far, it's a blatant ripoff, but it's a well done ripoff. Certainly much better than Lords of the Fallen and probably better than Bound by Flame, but I didn't play the that one. So far I'm enjoying the knight class the most, just like in Dark Souls.
I started a mage but I am playing more like a knight and I am moving to the nodes that helps with melee.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Double dipping is for ice cream cones. 75% off or bundle.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Instead of double dipping you could have gifted it to me, your best of pals.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm pleasantly surprised by how competent of a Souls game this is. Thought it would be some mediocre/bad poor man's souls, bit this is really good so far.

---

Arcane
I'm pleasantly surprised by how competent of a Souls game this is. Thought it would be some mediocre/bad poor man's souls, bit this is really good so far.
The formula is potentially awesome, the compelling combat system of Souls games + good, old, platforming. I think that I will buy it, even just to support the developers. I don't really like the art, though.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Is it really triggering retards calling this clone of the Souls series a "Souls game"?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So, is it any good?
Been trying it out today, it is pretty good. Very open, lots of worthwhile little secrets to look for, and it seems like it'll have good replay value with the different builds and the way the factions work. I recommend you don't start as a mage though- it's a pain in the ass trying to play one if you don't know where to get the spells/vendors, and they seem oddly stingy with the mage ones for some reason.

Inspectah

Savant
you guys werent kidding, this is a straight Demon/Dark Souls ripoff, you even have fog doors, bonfires and the like

---

Arcane
The whole idea of transposing the Souls mechanics in 2D levels is enough for me to consider it an - more or less - original product. And the game is very good, certainly better than Dark Souls 2 - maybe also than Dark Souls 3, which i didn't like much. Exploration is particularly rewarding and well done. If you like metroidvanias, is a must buy. Just my opinion.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Only played a bit, but pretty good so far. The art really is an ugly, forgettable, pseudo-anime which every game seems to be these days, but ultimately it's functional and more about its gameplay. Kind of surprising how well Dark Souls works in 2D. Since I currently don't have a PC capable of playing DS3, this will have to tide me over for now.

---

Arcane
It seems also plenty of things to do, not your usual indie game that lasts few hours :M

The art really is an ugly, forgettable, pseudo-anime which every game seems to be these days, but ultimately it's functional and more about its gameplay.
Yeah. Well, the settings are quite good and atmospheric... It's the character design who isn't much inspired, while monsters, at least at the beginning, are the usual pseudo-zombies who infest every fucking fantasy game.

sullynathan

Arcane
Is it really triggering retards calling this clone of the Souls series a "Souls game"?
What the fuck is a souls game? An rpg where you die and roll around a lot?

Millennial cucks are hilarious with their 'this is my first rpg and it's so hardcore on a gamepad'
souls games are still better than the shit the arpeegee genre has been offering in the past couple of years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom