Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row the Fourth

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Setting everything on minimum grants me a whopping 20FPS if I stand still and look into a brick wall. Note that this didn't happen at all during prologue, only when the game dropped me in Steelport did it begin.

Lightning Detail is set to 1 in the ini.

How can it be a driver issue? My drivers are up to date and run SRTT like nobody's business :/

Xeon

Augur
Low frame rate (AMD users) • Link
Icon_information.png
Issue where a low frame rate is experienced (especially in the open world), even on a high end AMD machine.
Icon_information.png
May be resolved by installing the new AMD beta driver, which reports a performance increase of up to 25%.[13]

Source: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_IV

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Hmm, so the Codex likes Saints Row. Guess the Mass Effect parodies went over well. :M

It's pretty fun. More fun than GTA 'masterpiece' IV, definitely. Cars are sorta useless when you can just run or fly anywhere though.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Low frame rate (AMD users) • Link
Icon_information.png
Issue where a low frame rate is experienced (especially in the open world), even on a high end AMD machine.
Icon_information.png
May be resolved by installing the new AMD beta driver, which reports a performance increase of up to 25%.[13]

Source: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_IV

Thanks man, let's see.
I'm running 12.104.0.0 on my HD6870, mid-mid rig and it runs very smooth on medium setting.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone else relying on the pistol for most firefights? I can clear most waves of standard grunts with headshots, while sticking to the assault rifle for murderbots and wardens.

Good game so far, but I'm enjoying the cutscenes and characters the most.
I only use fully upgraded dual wielded Desert Eagles. Kills everything dead, even murderbots. And with fully upgraded freeze you don't even have to bother.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't remember the last time I straight up haven't been able to get a basic game to run in a playable state.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So.....

I tried toying around with the installation because I was annoyed it wouldn't work. Used driver sweeper to clean and hunted for every single bit of driver-shit on my comp. Finally got rid of it all. BETA driver wouldn't install. Neither would normal driver. Fuck. My little 800x600 driverless desktop laughed at me.

Turns out the Radeon 4870 uses legacy drivers though, and fortunately I downloaded the latest of them on a hunch and it worked. So now I'm back, but no closer to running my (bought-and-paid-for becaues I'm an idiot) copy of Saint's Row IV.

Now, the 4870 might not be the newest GPU out there, but like I said I can run The Third on ultra, and changing settings in IV does nothing.

Fuck me :rage:

Caim

Arcane
FUCK WHY IS THIS GAME SO GODDAMN FUN

Also, it's a bit of a shame you can't use your mixtape with 'Merica gun, thus preventing you from using your The Touch mode (guaranteed to make the president kick 200% more ass). The patriotic jingle is funny for a while tho, and preset music still overrides it.
If you like it so far, wait until you get to the end.

A scene you will get there will make the "I need a hero" driving sequence from the end of Saints Row 3 its BITCH.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The game was goofy fun...but GOTY? Hardly.

Disjointed story.
Underutilized world design.
Short Fun per Hour value (Hell I suck at games like this and finished it in a weekend.)
This is your grammas GTA 5.

Zep--

Caim

Arcane
Anyway, I just finished the game.

Goddamn that final mission was annoying, the boss suddenly stopping disabling those things for no reason whatsoever.

The game was goofy fun...but GOTY? YES.

Fun story.
Great world design.
Long Fun per Hour value (Hell I suck at games like this and I've played it since its release and I'm still not done.)
GTA 5 is a bitch in comparison.

SV--

Caim

Arcane
Huh, I just realized that this game has something that the last one was hyped to have, but never got.

A fight with Phillipe Loren. During mine Gat delivered the killing blow (not counting the beatdown animation at the end) by hitting him with a giant ball.

Oh Gat, you :troll:. Never change.
  • BE A BADASS
Oh yes. Oh very much yes.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I wish Blain was as light-hearted as you are, Zep Zepo.

Well, I GameFlyed it..so maybe I'm not :butthurt:as someone who paid triple A price. :)

Like I said , it was goofy fun. I think it could have been better.

:)

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom