Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row the Fourth

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This was supposed to be a thqspansion but it's totally a complete game now! Looks like more of all the shit DLC stuff, unless they bring back Charles Shaughnessy or it somehow turns out to not be a third of a game (huehue) compared to SR2 I think I'll wait for the humble bundle. And where the fuck is Johnny Gat?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
waaaat

waaaaaaaat

I thought I was watching SR3 DLC stuff? 'cuz a lot of that is veeeeeeery familiar.

This thread title is confusad
tumblr_m4tfycD4fR1r5au99.jpg

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Looks exactly like Saints Row 3, which is bad because that game was rushed and lacking in gameplay; mostly just a bunch of minigames and inane side-jobs. The hitman stuff was the only thing I liked about it. Also, GTA5 comes out this Sept., wouldn't surprise me if Volition rushes and cuts things (to sell as dlc of course) to make that August release date.

Saints Row 2 is the only game in the series worth playing and even then it's still not as good as GTA Vice City or San Andreas.

Borelli

Arcane
Saints Row 2 was awesome but 3 felt like more of the same from the trailers i saw so i did not bother to get it. Although this looks like the upped the crazy to the max.

bonescraper

I'll get it on Christmas Steam sale. But... maybe not this year, since it's fucking Deep Silver.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm going to be the odd one and say I'm actually interested by the super power abilities, as it would actually make for combat that fits better with the tone than (and isn't inherently a shitty combat design like) the cover shooting of the rest of the series.

bonescraper

I'm going to be the odd one and say I'm actually interested by the super power abilities, as it would actually make for combat that fits better with the tone than (and isn't inherently a shitty combat design like) the cover shooting of the rest of the series.
Cover shooting? You're confusing this game with GTA 4 i think.

deuxhero

Arcane
While there isn't sticky cover, the mechanics are still very obviously "stay in cover or die" (it gets better when you get most of the health and damage upgrades in 3, but still very noticible). You are WAY too fragile (and most of enemies are too meaty even with upgraded weapons).

bonescraper

While there isn't sticky cover, the mechanics are still very obviously "stay in cover or die" (it gets better when you get most of the health and damage upgrades in 3, but still very noticible). You are WAY too fragile (and most of enemies are too meaty even with upgraded weapons).

No, they're not. It's a sandbox game, if you don't feel like crouching, you steal a fucking attack chopper. Or at least a car. Seriously, it's not like this game is hard or anything. Unless you're in a fight with 15 fucking people at once. If you don't feel like taking cover in those situations, then you are the problem.

Multi-headed Cow

What the fuck. It's the same game. Even the exact same wardrobe options.
This. I'm kinda excited because I had a good time with Saints Row 3, but this sorta sounds like they're taking the half-baked expansion/DLC and trying to spin it out to Saints Row 4 so they can charge $50-60. Deep Silver is pretty fucking bad about running sales on their games too, so this probably won't drop in price much quickly. Guess we shall see.

Edit: What the fuck, someone's saying SR3 is a cover shooter? :lol:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
waaaat

waaaaaaaat

I thought I was watching SR3 DLC stuff? 'cuz a lot of that is veeeeeeery familiar.

This thread title is confusad
It started out as DLC and THQ forced them to turn it into a sequel in an effort to save them from bankruptcy. Obviously they didn't even last that long. Now Volition have no choice but to release what they have, I suspect, or they risk bankruptcy themselves, because they probably poured tons of effort and resources into the project before THQ died.

I liked Saints Row 3 but I will wait until this is good and cheap at this rate. I've had my fill and this just seems like more of the same, but stupider.

It started out as DLC and then they supposedly just kept adding crap until it was too big, so they got the go ahead to expand it into a retail release. Didn't enjoy 3 as much as 2, but it was still a pretty fun game. Hopefully with 5 they go completely back to the drawing board.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
THQ was getting desperate near the end. This game was their attempt of cutting open the goose that is the Saints Row franchise to find a golden egg.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It started out as DLC and THQ forced them to turn it into a sequel in an effort to save them from bankruptcy. Obviously they didn't even last that long. Now Volition have no choice but to release what they have, I suspect, or they risk bankruptcy themselves, because they probably poured tons of effort and resources into the project before THQ died.

Volition was brought by a publisher, and that publisher is calling the shots. I don't think a modern game studio has any say in when a game is released.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, this is Saints Row the Third Part Two: Serpent Isle now. Day One Christmas Sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom