Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row 2

Multi-headed Cow

root said:
well i'm playing it on my very prestigious PS3
Well that explains why you're enjoying it and can actually play it.
:thumbsup:

fizzelopeguss said:
It needs a quad core.

This. With Q6600 I have pretty much no problems except vary minor stuttering when cruising at max speed with a fast car.

My guess is its a straight port from Xbawkz. Xbawkz = 3 cores. They split the program into relatively 3 equal processing sections. 2 cores = 1 core has to run 2 of those sections, meaning your speed is about half. From trying the game out on a dual core processor of approximately equal speed, this is about what happens for me. And on quad core, it hardly uses the 4th core anyway.

bert

Arcane
1278122030397.gif
:thumbsup:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FAGS WHO DROOL OVER THIS SHIT MAKE ME LAUGH I MEAN I LIKED THE GAMEDS AND ALL BUT THE SAME POPAMOLE FAGS WHO SHIT ON EVERYTHING ELSE LIKE THIS CAUSE YOU CAN DRESS YOURSELF IN MORE OUTFITS AND YOU FIUGHT NINJAS AND PIRATES LOLOLOLOL

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
BRO U R TOTALLY SHIT FOR NOT LIKING THIS GEAM.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best GTA-like game, perhaps along with GTA: San Andreas. Easily beats all othr GTAs and Saint Rows.

The gameplay is extremely fun, arcade, and takes the best from the GTA series. Missions are quite varied and make sure you don't get bored either. Driving a car around is a joy, and there are many interesting environments to see (although not as varied as in San Andreas). A lot of weapons and vehicles, including flying ones too. The game is full of humour and the writing is okay, although not as good as in San Andreas, but the gameplay itself feels even better than in SA. Either way, if you like one game, then you will like the other, and if you have never played neither SR nor GTA, then SR2 is a good way to start. The game is definitely a game worth of purchase even for a full price as it's one of the better games out there.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best GTA-like game, perhaps along with GTA: San Andreas. Easily beats all othr GTAs and Saint Rows.

The gameplay is extremely fun, arcade, and takes the best from the GTA series. Missions are quite varied and make sure you don't get bored either. Driving a car around is a joy, and there are many interesting environments to see (although not as varied as in San Andreas). A lot of weapons and vehicles, including flying ones too. The game is full of humour and the writing is okay, although not as good as in San Andreas, but the gameplay itself feels even better than in SA. Either way, if you like one game, then you will like the other, and if you have never played neither SR nor GTA, then SR2 is a good way to start. The game is definitely a game worth of purchase even for a full price as it's one of the better games out there.

Konjad

Patron

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried SR2 a year or so ago on Codex recommendation. I didn't get far because the tone irked me (just felt far too edgy and tryhard for edginess' sake, also I largely dislike "gangsta" stuff), but I'm sure I would have found it hilarious if I played it when I was 15 instead of when I was almost 40.
Once you accept the tone, the gameplay is great. And you don't HAVE to do Septic Avenger more than once.

Something nagged at me the first time I played SR2. I couldn't figure out what was different about it for a while, until I got it. They don't say it outright, but your PC ("The Boss") has overwhelming confidence because they unconsciously realize that they are the MC in a video game. When you know you respawn upon death and there are no other consequences, you totally can take over the city (world, etc.)

Understanding this didn't make or break the game for me, but once I got it and went along with it I had a lot more fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom