Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Sacred Fire - a psychological RPG about romance, loyalty and revenge - now available on Early Access

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
HoboForEternity I understand, and thank you for your support. It's a meta feature for convenience. The story stays in the realm of reality.

This is for everyone reading the thread :)

We launch on Kickstarter on March the 8th.

Thank you for your interest.
congrats and good luck to you and the crews.

I will back if nothin urgent thay require money come up around the KS launch

Lhynn

Arcane
Good stuff. What id recommend if your game is long would be setting up a few checkpoints across the game, sometimes the player feels like going back and making different decisions and can be put off by having to start from scratch again.
This would keep most players from even considering savescumming.
Of course if your game isnt that long it shouldnt matter.

poetic

Poetic
Developer
HoboForEternity Cool, thank you!

Lhynn It's a good idea, and as you say, depends exactly on the length of the game. We will keep it in mind as we test the replayability user experience.

ERYFKRAD Thanks, I appreciate it!

V_K

Arcane
It's a good point. The map shows only branching points for scenes that you already passed, so you never know what's next.

I like when the game tells me I have found 2 / 4 secrets after finishing a level. I know there are 2 more to look out for on my next run. And I also know, when the game tells me I found 4 / 4 , there is no point replaying and searching for more.

Furthermore, not all branching points in Sacred Fire are based on click A or B in a dialogue. Sometimes the player doesn't even realize this could have had a different outcome, so it's good to communicate that. And then you go in a look for the Easter egg.
i like surprises so i have to disagree with your "found 4/4" thing, but then again it is just a minor personal pet peeve.
But it's kinda like points in Adventure games - it tells that there is a secret (or an alternative bracnh), but not what it is or what you need to do to get it. It don't think it takes away the element of surprise (you still can stumble on something by accident), just encourages you to experiment (and also saves your time by telling you when you've exhausted all your options).
I think it's sort of best of both worlds. I'd certainly like AoD more if it included such "rewind" feature.

poetic

Poetic
Developer
Hey everyone! We have great news - we have been Greenlit today, thank you all for your support.

Dare not botch this one.
Based on your feedback we realized there is more we can do for the Kickstarter. Besides many tweaks based on your input, we are preparing an in-depth developer commentary video. We pushed back the launch of the campaign one week to get things right. I hope this doesn't affect anyone negatively.

The Kickstarter will launch on March 15.

Lhynn

Arcane
Take your time, get it right. Remember that you have a small window to get people interested, try to launch the campaign in a period were no AAA or games similar to yours in some respects are coming out because thats the time where people are fishing for something new.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey everyone! We have great news - we have been Greenlit today, thank you all for your support.

Dare not botch this one.
Based on your feedback we realized there is more we can do for the Kickstarter. Besides many tweaks based on your input, we are preparing an in-depth developer commentary video. We pushed back the launch of the campaign one week to get things right. I hope this doesn't affect anyone negatively.

The Kickstarter will launch on March 15.
Infinitron has a lot of opinions re: successful kickstarters I think, and one of the most important is that developers should have articles about their game/upcoming KS in the gaming media before starting the kickstarter. the reasoning goes that if people know what it is and are excited for it to be launched, your day 1 numbers are much larger which compels even more media to pay it attention and the campaign coverage gets larger and larger, at least at the start. this is definitely how the original OE / inXile campaigns played it.

good luck.

daveyd

Savant
I'm not sure how much media coverage a CRPG KS from an unknown indie developer can hope to get these days, but perhaps having the voice of Geralt will help in that regard.

Perhaps some of the PC centric sites would do an article. If nothing else, Cliqist (site entirely devoted to crowdfunded games) should do one...

poetic

Poetic
Developer
Thank you all, yes, media outreach prior to KS launch is crucial. Getting coverage for KS is very hard, so keep your fingers crossed :)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thank you all, yes, media outreach prior to KS launch is crucial. Getting coverage for KS is very hard, so keep your fingers crossed :)
you can try to get from other developers too in their kickstarter page/social media. iirc copper dreams etc got huge boost when larian tweeted about it, and so is desolation when it was mentioned in wasteland 3/deadfire update

poetic

Poetic
Developer
Yes, that' an effective method too. We have been in touch with several relevant creators for the last 2 months and some of them agreed to give us a shoutout. We are curious how that turns out.

poetic

Poetic
Developer
daveyd Hey, you beat me to it! Thank you for spreading the word.

Hey everyone,

sorry for going radio silent in the last couple of weeks, we were preparing a fun campaign for you guys :)

The big day is here and we are live on Kickstarter!

8xt5BZM.jpg

We have also a developers' commentary video that defines what kind of role-playing experience Sacred Fire brings. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thank you for your support, we appreciate every fan.

Check out the limited backer rewards before they are gone.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oops, missed this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poeticstudio/sacred-fire-psychological-rpg-about-revenge-and-lo

About this project
eb7bef0f21263346940c7590956becd6_original.png

Sacred Fire is a role-playing game where your success and solutions to conflicts lie in the psychology of the characters, not in weapons, attacks, and damage types.

You do not start as a leader – your right to lead must be earned through self-control, willpower, and influence. Will you embrace revenge or fight for a better world? Will you be strong enough to face the consequences of your decisions?

e18915595785bdf6722284f66f4c899c_original.gif

Select tactical options in dialogues and combat. Spend rare willpower points to boost your chances. Then face the consequences. Will you dodge at the last moment to gain renown?
  • Genre: choice-driven, turn-based RPG with multiple endings
  • Number of players: Single-player
  • Platforms: Windows, Mac & Linux (Steam, Humble, DRM-free GOG)
  • Release date: Spring 2018
  • Supported Languages: English + Localization Community Stretch Goals: 500 backers per language (see below for more details)
KEY FEATURES
  • Psychology affects your performance
  • Making choices with risks and rewards
  • Fight for political influence
  • Multiple playstyles and endings

poetic

Poetic
Developer
Hey guys, thank you for your pledges and for having our back and spreading the word! It means a lot. We are stretched thin, so it really helps.

We are live for 20 hours at 17%. There is still a lot of things to set up to unleash the fire :)

Things are just starting to pick up. Also due to time zones, local fans and friends are just getting started.

What do you guys think about the campaign page, any feedback? Originally we had a hard limit of minimum 500 backers for localization. Based on backer feedback we adjusted the localization to standard stretch goals, to be specified as we approach the base goal.

poetic

Poetic
Developer
We posted our first update, Mordhau gave us a shoutout and more are promised. The Commnunity Goals unlocked info about 2 more characters:

Mu8vYLZ.png

We got to 20% in the first 24 hours, which feels good, but we are not out of the woods yet.

More than 200 Eraly Bird rewards are gone, please help us make this a reality and go get yours now!

You guys are doing a good job spreading the word, please keep at it. If you could take various sub-reddits by storm, that would help a lot. Lexxx20 reddit post is driving real backers, thank you!

Last edited:

Lexxx20

Learned
Have you paged RPG Watch yet, Andrej? You should!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom