Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 officially cancelled

garren

Arcane
Patron
Wat. Bethesda? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

How do they manage to hog up any promising game series and later turn it into shit.

EDIT: Oh ok it's probably a troll..

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Bethesda doing Stalker must be some kind of joke :lol:

What I don't understand is why Grigorovich who apparently made a boatload of cash on the franchise and was most likely going to do so again, chose to abandon this project. Is he having a mid life crisis or something?

The probable explanation to that is he made enough money for the rest of his life and is fed up with working hard.

This all makes a lot more sense when you take into consdieration that the guys at GSC have always been extremely lazy fucks. That they still managed to get a few really great games out, is the good part of the story.

Gord

Arcane
Nice trollin' I guess (the Bethesda part), at least from looking at the "official" Stalker twitter.

Urgh, I go and wash myself now, I feel dirty from using shit like twitter.

likaq

Arcane
First they came for the fallout, then they came for stalker...

Bethshit, how many more franchise do you want to rape?

:x

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Hey, at least Beth will bring so long awaited RPG depth into the STALKER franchise :smug:

Also, inbefore Vostock games kickstarts their new gaem.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Chernobylville: A social survival adventure by Vostock games a subsidiary of Zynga Incorporated

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I don't see what you stalker people are complaining about, finally with the flexibility of the high-performance gamebryo engine you will get to see bouncing breasts on your mutants and fast travel through the zone as a little japanese schoolgirl with 80 hairstyles to choose from

CorpseZeb

Learned
I don't see what you stalker people are complaining about, finally with the flexibility of the high-performance gamebryo engine you will get to see bouncing breasts on your mutants and fast travel through the zone as a little japanese schoolgirl with 80 hairstyles to choose from

Hmm... Stalker... lands of Miranda'ss? And nanosuit Crysisgals? And pink squids? And variable romances options? And a standard graphics mods? On the second thought... every thing had a bright side.

Kitako

Arcane
Another good name going down the F2PMMOFUUUUU shitty road.
I am seriously butthurt.

Sul

Savant
https://twitter.com/#!/gscstalker
ff739t.jpg

Thanks God it's fake. At least it'll stay dead for now.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
This might be pure fantasy on my part.

But if the DEVs who broke out with the MMO plans makes are inspired by Heaven & Hearth....

There might be some SERIOUS incline!

Ermm

Erudite
Apparently Sergiy said he sold it. Who do you trust more, the guy with the rights, or old devs that used to work for him? :smug:

Actually, devs told that Sergiy cancelled the game for unknown reasons, so maybe they were left in the dark about the selling. Who knows.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
This might be pure fantasy on my part.

But if the DEVs who broke out with the MMO plans makes are inspired by Heaven & Hearth....

There might be some SERIOUS incline!
A survivalist (perma-death) STALKER MMO? Ridiculous amounts of incline. Will never happen though. I've realised long ago that the MMO that makes the most sense (perma-death FPSMMO with chain of command structures, etcetera) will never come to be.

Secretninja

Cipher
People would rage too hard at permadeath.

Also, wtf happened to mortal online? It sounded promising at one point then it just vanished.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Hmm...maybe something akin to Extra lives then...you start out with 3-4 lives as a newb, if you use them up you have to start over.

And...retaining new extra lives (up to a set maximum) can be based on how you are interacting with people and forming bonds(gay).
That can be...through a faction, you can start trading/tradepost or just forming a merry band of Loners.

That means if you have actually built up alot of shit, made deals, created a fucking city or something....offing you off completely is going to take alot of effort, but not being invulnerable to the point you don't care if you die once or twice.

Also faction wars with player drama :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom