Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 officially cancelled

Chuck Norris

Augur
Today it is confirmed GSC Game World has been shut down and work on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sequel has been halted. Not all is lost, however. Team members of GCS formed a new studio,Vostok Games, and are working on a new project.
"We did not reach agreement with the rights owner regarding the use of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand, that’s why we made the decision to move forward as an independent studio with a new project. That day became our starting point for Vostok Games," the team said on its official website.
Vostok is working on a free-to-play, massively multiplayer online first-person shooter called Survarium (working title).
"The concept of Survarium is a next evolution step for the idea of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. we’ve been working on for the last ten years, said project lead Ruslan Didenko. "Survarium will go way further forcing mankind to fight for survival not only within the closed area of Chernobyl zone, but also far beyond."
Survarium is set for release sometime near the end 2013 for PC. Posted below is the game's first concept artwork.
Untitled-3.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/25/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-cancelled.aspx

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Wasn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 supposed to be a filthy consolized game anyway?
Free to play MMOFPS eh? Doesn't interest me.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Today it is confirmed GSC Game World has been shut down and work on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sequel has been halted. Not all is lost, however. Team members of GCS formed a new studio,Vostok Games, and are working on a new project.
:rage:

Vostok is working on a free-to-play, massively multiplayer online first-person shooter called Survarium (working title).

:rage:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
And this Lost Alpha is for SoC? I personally prefer CoP, but I must read more before I can say something.

And this Lost Alpha is for SoC? I personally prefer CoP, but I must read more before I can say something.

Yes, because they started doing it when CoP didn't even exist. But it doesn't matter, CoP has only more polished gameplay when compared to SoC. Anyway, I think it will be great, because they are making a game focused on stalker atmosphere and exploration and not just endless gunfights with bandits and they are trying to recreate the game as it was first envisioned when it was still Oblivion Lost (for those that remember), with a bit of a more survival horror atmosphere. They already have a project, which they stopped working on, because of lost alpha, it's called Pryboi story. And it's pretty good. But lost alpha... :love:

Anyway, feast your eyes bro:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

http://www.dezowave.com/

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
To be honest I didn't like the direction the series was going in anyways. CoP was soft as shite without mods and boring as hell most of the time. All this consolizing hubbub would just inevitably lead to it being made even easier.

Chuck Norris

Augur
/v/ is mentioning the series was sold to... Bethesda?!

This is given as a source.

http://stalker-gsc.ru/news/s_t_a_l_k_e_r_2_novosti_prodolzhenie/2012-04-25-1764

"Bethesda" is mentioned in western characters, but I don't know if it is a reputable source or if this is anything but a big troll.
Well, according to Google translate, the last part translates to:
Please note that the statement of S.Grigorovich is not positioned as an official.If it turns out the failure of the news, we will publish a mandatory disclaimer.

I really REALLY hope this never becomes official. otherwise, Bethesda is going to wreck havoc upon the franchise.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never really thought much of SOC. Always been told COP is a lot better but never got around to playing it.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Never really thought much of SOC. Always been told COP is a lot better but never got around to playing it.

Nah. First Stalker is like you first girl (or a dude or squid one), you broke with her (him/it) eons ago, but always wanted to come back to her (him/it)... SoC is the best one. CoP, while fair one, must sit at the second row (and throw a popcorn).

Ps. Yes, Lost Alpha is in the working progress state, so agonize of consolize S2, maybe isn't that bad news, at all. Or, maybe, it really is, but we'll never find out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom