Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Runemaster, Norse-themed randomized sandbox tactical RPG from Paradox - CANCELLED

Severian Silk

Game looks like shit.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Goddammit, how old are you and still can't use a calendar properly? :rpgcodex:

deuxhero

Arcane
:lol:

How long until the first thread on the Paradox forums requesting romance in Runemaster?
And how long untill trannies and "people of color" are demanded as playable characters?

There's actually room for both in a Norse setting: The norse did have contact with the "blamann" and shape shifters doing weird shit was not unheard of in the mythology.

Eyeball

Arcane
My prediction: this will not be good.

Paradox has apparently stopped making games a while ago and now focus on making simulations instead, which may be perfectly fine as far as simulations go if your idea of fun is to sit around for 30 years as an African minor nation while waiting for Great Britain to come around and rape your tender butthole. Coupled with the fact that Paradox UIs have become progressively shitter over the past half decade to the point where navigating them are an exercise in pure tedium, Paradox really need to prove that they can make a good GAME Again.

Failing that, they should just give the budget Money for this game to Taleworlds to help them make M&B2 better. MB1 is the best thing to ever have carried the Paradox logo.

I stopped reading at simulations. Try playing a Paradox game first maybe.
Did. Stopped at Vicky 2. So much decline compared to V1...

Mortmal

Arcane
Procedurally generated with choices and consequences, maybe it will end up like darklands in a nordic setting , hundreds of hours of gamplay + a lot of addons . Its a fantastic year for rpgs so far , blackguard is excellent and might and magic 10 better than i thought, DOS coming soon... So that winter 2014 release date why not , maybe they started working on it years ago in secret.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
One day it'll return
256px-Kodp_cover.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks like a strategy game to me and not an RPG.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Paradox is throwing pearls before swine:

Dragovit said:
Combat in Runemaster
Please don't make it like it was in TES, where you have to aim at the opponent and click furiously.

Make it like it was in Dragon Age: Origins. You point at the opponent and the char does the job.

Hope that's what "turn-based combat" entails.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Dragovit said:
Please don't make it like it was in TES, where you have to aim at the opponent and click furiously.

Make it like it was in Dragon Age: Origins. You point at the opponent and the char does the job.

Hope that's what "turn-based combat" entails.
0/10 is this guy even trying :rpgcodex:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
TBH even as a Paradox fan I must say it looks like complete shit. The only hope I have for this game is if they mix in the strategy element with big armies and loads of units with lots of stats.

Just like Heroes of Might and Magic but with more tactical and strategic depth.

Cassidy

Arcane
I'm starting to get fed up with these nordic/viking inspired settings in games lately.

But there are very few game settings inspired by Vikings in a non retarded manner. Rune and Heroine's Quest are good examples. Skyrimjob and copycats on the other hand are as Viking as putting a horned helmet over a piece of shit.

visions

Arcane
The Nordic mythology theme is corny and annoying as hell.
Elaborate. About any mythology is less corny than a basic sword & sorcery fantasy fare setting - of course, no idea how close they'll actually be to the mythos, or if it'll just be vikings on overdrive.

It's corny because it makes baby Jesus cry. Devil worship, affront to God, you know.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
One day it'll return
256px-Kodp_cover.png
Now if someone could convince them to kickstart a sequel... If that happens its likely a meteor will hit earth this time.

For some reason, David Dunham doesn't want to walk down that road which as been there for some years. I think it has something to do with investing a half a million and seeing sales falter outside of specific niche markets, and a country or two. Now that the iOS version is doing well, for example, he still won't invest in an android port (even though he's guaranteed to get similar sales). He's just not very ambitious when it comes to this game.

Ebonsword

Arcane
They just couldn't resist making yet another swords'n sorcery fantasy shit setup about saving the world. I'm so fucking bored of elves and dwarves and fireballs. Oh well, maybe this is somehow different in a positive way (yeah, right).

I'm pretty sure you don't know what "swords 'n' sorcery" means.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm starting to get fed up with these nordic/viking inspired settings in games lately.

But there are very few game settings inspired by Vikings in a non retarded manner. Rune and Heroine's Quest are good examples. Skyrimjob and copycats on the other hand are as Viking as putting a horned helmet over a piece of shit.
Yeah, every time I hear someone says milkdrinker as an offense in Skyrim, I remember the game was written by a 12 years old. Vikings for non-retards isn't all that common.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom