Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Rumor Watch: Fallout spin-off from Behaviour Interactive?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Regarding some pre-release Reddit leak, rumor or troll that mentioning Fallout spin-off by Behaviour Interactive: actually they did some development work on Fallout 4, according to the credits (additional programming, additional design etc.):

I don't think this kind of outsourcing was ever happened in Beth Game Studio games.

:philosoraptor:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:rage: So they've possibly got people trained up to work on a game of their own.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looked up some LinkedIn profiles.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mhchan

Unannounced Work For Hire Project (Sept. 2014 - Present)

This is possibly indicating the work on Fallout 4.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/francois-cayouette-43b15b44

Online programmer on undisclosed project
Physics and system programmer on undisclosed project

https://www.linkedin.com/in/elianepregent

Undisclosed project (AAA game)
2015 – 2015
- Help to design the art planning for the project schedule (list of tasks, timeline, production)
- Work on particle systems, emitters and textures for FX
- Work on textures of environment shaders (vegetation, weather, elements)
- Make python scripts for research of assets and to improve workflow
- Give art support for programmers
- Work on PC, PS4 & XOne versions

Undisclosed project (Bethesda Softworks)
2015 – 2015
- Work on textures of character shaders for specular/light interaction
- Work on particle systems and emitters for FX
- Optimize 3d models & assets
- Make python scripts for research of assets
- Give art support for programmers
- Debug and resolve technical problems related to textures & 3D assets
- Work on PC, PS4 & XOne versions

https://www.linkedin.com/in/francois-lim-02aa8340

Dev QA on unamed project, to be announced soon for PS4, XBO and PC.

Well, so Behaviour is working on some unannounced PC/PS4/XBO game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haha, yeah, I remember joking about this in another thread. Their website even boasts 85+ Metacritic for all their games, which makes them the better choice given Obsidian's failure. :M

13655.png

OMG, Fallout spin-off by Behaviour Interactive confirmed. Sorry, Failsidian.

Also from one of their job postings:

CryEngine, Unreal or Gamebryo engine development experience

Additionally, at least one of the job postings suggesting Gamebryo experience also contains the word "MMO".

Fallout Online confirmed?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Went and checked what they've done so far.
They seem appropriate. Not anything RPG related, ever. Only game worth noticing, Middle Earth: SoM . Good action game. RPGs can officially say bye bye Fallout franchise(although they should've said that already)

pippin

Wiki says they also worked in Wolfenstein: The New Order. I believe we'll have another shooter spinoff.

himmy

Arcane
I have a good feeling about this. We're talking about the people behind The Sims 2: Pets and High School Musical: Makin' the Cut!, after all! One can only hope that the talent that worked on those games are still with the company.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I have a good feeling about this. We're talking about the people behind The Sims 2: Pets and High School Musical: Makin' the Cut!, after all!
Hey, Sims 2: Pets is more of an RPG than Fallout 4, that makes them more qualified than Bethesda.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wiki says they also worked in Wolfenstein: The New Order. I believe we'll have another shooter spinoff.
Didn't see that. Good shooter that one. I guess it's obvious where this is going. Ban new Fallouts from forum

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hope that Stormlands thing works for Feargus, slam dunking is only for professionals now.

Fairfax

Arcane
I think it's more likely that the leaker knew something vague about Fallout Shelter and thought that was the spin-off. SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge seems to be the most ambitious game they've ever developed. WH40K Eternal Crusade is their first big project ever, I think. Someone there is shady enough to include other games they helped with in their website/wikipedia page, but they never made any of the big titles they brag about.

Wasn't that a company that is famous for its shovelware and mobile shovelware FADs?
Yes, the most recent being Fallout Shelter.

Veelq

Augur
We already have a shooter in fallout universe. Its called Fallout 4 :smug:

But all in all i dont mind them working on some more action-y/shooter type of a game in fallout universe. Just dont call it Fallout 5 with an RPG sign.

Drowed

Arcane
It can't be worse than anything that Bethesda did. So... It's a "win" anyway.

It won't be a RPG, for sure. But is Fallout 4? At least, it may be a good game. Mordor was fun, even if simple.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They didn't make Shadows of Mordor (or Wolfenstein), just helped with it. Same as FO4.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Behaviour also did the PipBoy app for phones, meaning they would of implemented it in the Fallout 4 code as well. They aren't working on a spin-off title, they're only hiring designers for social games at the current time.

Thonius

Arcane
They are helping with Star Citizen btw, they are indie and doing some freelance shit I guess.
If mmo idea is right, they are making rust clone for sure.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
I don't think it would be worse than an Obsidian effort. Obsidian isn't going to make another New Vegas, they'll produce some social justice crusader crap written by fat dykes and a twink (Sawyer).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hey Roguey, tell him about Tess Treadwell

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom