Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
So I was in the Predule to Darkness subforum and except for the last 2 threads which were surprisingly made in the past two weeks, the last thread is from 2016 and the subforum is infrequently used. I guess it's not surprising considering the last release of the game was in 2006 and the link on the main website leads to MegaUpload which has been down for years.

Anyway the point I'm getting to is: can I reply to really old threads, since no one frequents the subforum anyway?

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
Good question... I guess I just feel like talking about an old lesser known (practically unknown if I'm being honest) game, even if it's not necessarily a real time conversation.

Also sometimes I have answers to old threads which might help someone who is browsing through them.

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
Thanks for the replies, all. ^_^

Also, "Honestly, I think it's really sad that RPGs essentially get a pass on having fundamentally junk core gameplay. And yes, I do consider combat to be a core gameplay element of most RPGs." is a fantastic quote.

I've tried so many RPGs that had great stat systems and character creation systems with a lot of depth- but then the core gameplay (combat in 99% of all games) is just so dull.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Also, "Honestly, I think it's really sad that RPGs essentially get a pass on having fundamentally junk core gameplay. And yes, I do consider combat to be a core gameplay element of most RPGs." is a fantastic quote.

I've tried so many RPGs that had great stat systems and character creation systems with a lot of depth- but then the core gameplay (combat in 99% of all games) is just so dull.

You have the same avatar as that faggot Titanic

Bushwhacker2k

Literate

You have the same avatar as that faggot Titanic

I'll try avoid overt faggotry.

(Also <3 Gothic)

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
@
rating_citation.png

https://af.gog.com/forum/general/what_do_you_think_of_necroposting/page1?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

ore clover

Learned
There's something a bit depressing about stumbling into a necro'd thread. You see a post you want to respond to, but then you realize the users all vanished over a decade ago.

It's like sitting alone in a room, listening to ghosts of the past having a conversation.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There's something a bit depressing about stumbling into a necro'd thread. You see a post you want to respond to, but then you realize the users all vanished over a decade ago.

It's depressing how old some of the threads are. I see something stupid and realize it's something I wrote myself. Or it's about a game that never came out, or someone who has long quit the business.

Or for example here: Cats thread started by Metalcraze :lol:
still going strong after over 5 years, though the guy has left for 5 years no, one of the last real codexers actually

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
Once a board has a cats thread it is already a victim of the ITZ/casuals

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom