Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition (2012)

DraQ

Arcane
Running Fox, or BlackBartCharlie, whatever, may be rude at times
That's not the problem here. The problem here is him being a retarded faggot.

Also, how do you know Retarded Fag is BBC?

We have our ways, DraQ. WE have our ways.

Running Fox is making a concerted effort to be better. I assume this is because I've been praying for him, just like my prayers for Liberal to return have been answered.

While Hiver white knights through violent language, I white knight through the proven power of prayer.
:hmmm:
Ban Phelot.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just checked the moderation queue. Wow, 11 posts! That's a lot of new users!

1 decent post by a new user.
10 andhaira posts.
Anyone still thinking that post approval is not a good idea? :M

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
I find it hilarious that DU found a bunch of imbeciles who finally do the dirty work for him. Shuffling through dirt, fucking garbos. :lol:
Like the dumbass above me, hurr durr andy posts herp. :lol:
Fuck, you people are morons.

And this moderation isn't even working. It used to be hard to register a bunch of alts. You needed clean, preferably transparent proxies.
Now you just have to post 5 moronic tldr garbage posts about your favorite animu waste ala DerQ, that the Dex consists of, and you are good.
What? Is there no XenForo blacklist plugin? Is DU that lazy?

What I am wondering though is, does Andy have zero self control? Or how the fuck do you spot him?
I mean, I posted with a bunch of alts through proxy and that went well. Why cant he?

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
I'd also like to point out where DerP is coming from.
He saw a thread in his favorite subforum, SCIENCE, that is, since he thinks that he is a vevy smart self diagnosed furry assburger.
He saw a video in that thread where a perpetuum mobile of the first kind is displayed.
Using his heightened assburgers senses, he deducted that the video was of faulty nature and in fact a shameless forgery!
Shameless by the fact that the machine is displayed only in half, hiding the subterfuge of screen.
He proudly proclaimed that fact in his first post.
But that didnt satisfy his assburger self.
He went on to post a second time about the same thing really.
And a third where he extensively sigh'ed and stated the same fact yet again.
At that point I told him to fuck off and shut the fuck up.
I even posted an actually interesting video with a similar (shiny) but different (not energy) setup.
In that case, the keen assburger was not able to detect video machinations but went on to look for the solution without using his marvelous furry braincell.
He managed to report that it was about "fake schematics" and some "wizardy"...
At this point one can only face palm and laugh which I did and told this fine gentleman (...) to fuck off yet again.
To which he replied by crying for his mommy first in the thread in question and now here.
It is glorious.

Honest to God, the biggest nerds I ever met were never so obtuse.

racofer

Thread Incliner
You should release some of the moderated post here once in a while, just for fun.

There should be a small frame at either the bottom or top of the forums, similar to those used in some forums as a chat room that everybody can see or for realtime news feed, but dedicated solely for new users' posts.

It would be like visiting the zoo, watching the little animals in their natural habitat while we sit comfortably behind a bullet and sound proof glass.

DraQ

Arcane
I'd also like to point out where DerP is coming from.
He saw a thread in his favorite subforum, SCIENCE, that is, since he thinks that he is a vevy smart self diagnosed furry assburger.
Self diagnosed assburger, but not self diagnosed ASD, if you don't mind.

He saw a video in that thread where a perpetuum mobile of the first kind is displayed.
Using his heightened assburgers senses, he deducted that the video was of faulty nature and in fact a shameless forgery!
Shameless by the fact that the machine is displayed only in half, hiding the subterfuge of screen.
Well, duh, sherlock.

He proudly proclaimed that fact in his first post.
But that didnt satisfy his assburger self.
He went on to post a second time about the same thing really.
And a third where he extensively sigh'ed and stated the same fact yet again.

It's not my fault there were a bunch of fags running around going OMGWTF without even reading the thread properly.

At that point I told him to fuck off and shut the fuck up.
I even posted an actually interesting video with a similar (shiny) but different (not energy) setup.
In that case, the keen assburger was not able to detect video machinations but went on to look for the solution without using his marvelous furry braincell.
He managed to report that it was about "fake schematics" and some "wizardy"...
Soldering wizardry. If you cared to shut up and actually look at the video of the solution the author uploaded himself instead of shutting off your brain and opening your shit outlet which is what you actually do, you might actually understand what the fuck I was talking about.

At this point one can only face palm and laugh which I did and told this fine gentleman (...) to fuck off yet again.
You have clearly facepalmed too much in your life - constant concussions are bad for your brain and it shows.

Why the fuck are you so butthurt at everything?

To which he replied by crying for his mommy first in the thread in question and now here.
Actually I simply called garbage disposal squad.
I actually respect the work of people who allow me to avoid having to sift raw sewage myself.

Problem?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Rude at times? Try all the time.

Orgasm/BBC comes here for no other purpose other than drama, hostility towards posters he doesn't like, and throwing racial slurs around.
List all the people that don't do that thanks, it wouldn't take you long.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And this moderation isn't even working. It used to be hard to register a bunch of alts. You needed clean, preferably transparent proxies.
Now you just have to post 5 moronic tldr garbage posts about your favorite animu waste ala DerQ, that the Dex consists of, and you are good.
No, people just assume we care more about alts than we actually do. If you want to wax lyrical about five LP's you read with every new account you make, I don't really have a problem with that. As evidenced by your own posting history, they usually start off fine but can't help themselves within the first 40 posts or so. At which point we can just nuke the entire account and posting history with a click.

Dealing with spammers / whatever has never had an one-stop fix-all solution. It's always been an ongoing issue that needs to be continuously managed. This way does make it easier though and so far, has discouraged a large proportion of them. Besides, we can always put people back into the moderation queue.

Also: Please be advised of the small addendum to rule #2.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
This also means that you should refrain from posting tubgirl / the latest shock image between img tags. As with all rules we have an exception, and that is that trick linking to such images / sites is perfectly fine and highly encouraged.

Good, good.
goodgood.gif

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Orgasm/BBC comes here for no other purpose other than drama, hostility towards posters he doesn't like, and throwing racial slurs around.
Shannow, Sceptic, SGC, DraQ, Luzur, HHR!, abnaxus, Admiral Jimbob, Alex Steel, Konjad, Andyman Messiah, Angelo85, Jaesun, Anthony Davis, anus pounder, aron searle, and Art Vandelay.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
the codex is full of retards and bigots and you are complaining people are rude?

really?

empi

Augur

Shannow, Sceptic, SGC, DraQ, Luzur, HHR!, abnaxus, Admiral Jimbob, Alex Steel, Konjad, Andyman Messiah, Angelo85, Jaesun, Anthony Davis, anus pounder, aron searle, and Art Vandelay.
img_09391.jpg

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
No, people just assume we care more about alts than we actually do.
Well, I dunno, Sir, but alts == spammers == shitposters in my book. So you have a problem with alts.

If you want to wax lyrical about five LP's you read with every new account you make
Hey hey hey, its not my fault that the Playground is full of weaboo garbage and mass defect and some larping simulators and no games.

I don't really have a problem with that. As evidenced by your own posting history, they usually start off fine but can't help themselves within the first 40 posts or so. At which point we can just nuke the entire account and posting history with a click.
Oh you've hurrdurred about "shitposting" before. I get it. I know that you believe that posting your super idea about a dialog system thats completely unrealistic to implement is a "great post" while one liners in /gd/ of all things are BANBANBAN, or if from time to time I drop in a gaming forum and tell the unwashed masses what a game is and why larping is retarded and so are they. Thats also banbanban as evidenced by you/or-not banning me for "spam" multiple times. You also delusional if you think that the Dex wasnt lasse faire after 2007. Thread breaking quotespam, thread killing image spam, dead animals, niggerniggernigger, piracy, nsfw everywhere. Puh-lease, it was anarchy compared to now. Recently I saw racofer "spam" a 4 by 4 gif "bomb" in a dead thread. It was so pathetic, it made me laugh.
Now stop drinking the ban koolaid and fuck off. Or at least make registering alts harder.

Dealing with spammers / whatever has never had an one-stop fix-all solution. It's always been an ongoing issue that needs to be continuously managed. This way does make it easier though and so far, has discouraged a large proportion of them. Besides, we can always put people back into the moderation queue.
And who the fuck is that "large proportion" of those spammers? No one was spamming on the Dex aside from "Jim Profit" and Cloacked Faggot and Clockwork Whatever.

Also: Please be advised of the small addendum to rule #2.
Who gives a fuck.

Ps: Wormload got a thing right for a change. M:

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
This also means that you should refrain from posting tubgirl / the latest shock image between img tags. As with all rules we have an exception, and that is that trick linking to such images / sites is perfectly fine and highly encouraged.

Good, good.
goodgood.gif

Dont believe the hype. I got banned for a trick link. It was spreading "malware" according to some moronic mod like Gaysun or whatever.

Erebus

Arcane
*updated my journal*

Opening a thread about the tendency of CRPGs to become dating sims was a sad mistake, that ended in Retardo Land in less time than it took me to write the opening post. I either underestimated how stupid the subject was or overestimated the worthiness of the discussion that might have ensued.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom