Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs where you explore a Pyramid?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey,

so are there any good rpgs where at some point you explore a pyramid? I kinda feel like exploring a pyramid for whatever reasons.

Off my head I can only think of Might and Magic and Wizardry VI where you have pyramids to explore but there must be more? It would be awesome if it had nice traps and puzzles and a cool labyrinth spanning over several levels.

So, help me codex, what game lets me live out my newly found interest for pyramid labyrinths?

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The dungeon crawler/roguelike Ziggurat is like that. Replace the word Ziggurat with Pyramid and you are good to go. I like it quite a bit. Also, in AoD one of the many places you can visit is a lost pyramid.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I have "fond" memories of the Ziggurat in Wiz 4.

Dark Heart of Uukrul also had a pyramid, but personally (Crooked Bee disagrees) I thought it was the weakest part of the game.

There's a pyramid in Pool of Radiance.

Not a CRPG, but Hexen II had a very nice Pyramid part.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Temple of the Ancients in FF7 is a pyramid, although I am unsure if the actual maps inside reflect a layout commensurate with the inside of a pyramid. There are elements of surrealism present inside and S P O O K Y music.

Zenith

Arbiter
I know you said RPG, but I'll take that as an excuse to post this video anyway:

Also, VtM:R had almost kinda sorta pyramid exploration:
j2iDdTa.jpg

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
There is a pyramid in Drakkhen.

The Earth Lords has a dungeon called pyramid but it's almost flat, the game is fun though'.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I asked this question a while ago in a different thread, and I was recommended Elminage Gothic. Other than that I can only think of Wiz VI and Pool of Radiance, both of which have already been mentioned.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
There are a lot of excellent suggestions in this thread. I can remember only unmentioned ADOM.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Can you emulate Entombed, a long forgotten C64 adventure game where you must find your way out of a pyramid before your oxygen runs low?

Master

Arbiter
You have pyramids with traps in Risen 1. There is also one or two in Gothic 2 with the Night of the Raven expansion.
I haven't played it but Ravenloft 2: Stone Prophet looks like it might have a pyramid.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Can you emulate Entombed, a long forgotten C64 adventure game where you must find your way out of a pyramid before your oxygen runs low?
That's a solid premise. Air tight, even.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom