Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex and the Dunning-Kruger effect

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think it is apparent to most people the majority of this site's community is young teens and/or low functioning adults who love drama. But, do you believe the majority of a community can suffer from the same delusional thinking? I say yes, and I think the Dunning-Kruger effect perfectly fits. Why? Just read the latest game review or peruse the Asian game forum or general rpg forum. Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted. I guess the Dutch voting is too much for the members of this site to bear.

What say you?

And since you are most likely 12 and/or a low functioning adult you have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is so I will link it for this special community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

You're welcome, kids. Enjoy!

P.S. There is no connection to my account and Roqua's account. I think the staff have us confused because he wasn't retarded and liked rpgs and I am not retarded and also like rpgs. Chances are if you like rpgs and aren't a complete fucking idiot they will also think you are Roqua.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I seriously think that as soon as we start talking about MMOs, people here have no clue, but also no interest in the subject, which I find sad. MMOs are MMORPGs for fuck's sake. Anyway, carry on.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted

It was probably moved to a forum you do not have access to rather than deleted

Also you should post more in-depth details and examples of this fascinating theory of yours, I'm not yet convinced

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Low functioning means you don't have the mental capabilities of taking care of yourself. I don't believe there any literal retards on the Codex.

By the way you wrote these words

"I'll kill you."

"Listen, I know its hard for an invalid, who has been protected by the system and sheltered inside his whole life due to being useless and unemployed, to understand why people just don’t cross certain lines, but I need you to understand something. I’m going to hurt you bad. Old, retarded, invalid, it doesn’t matter now. When I see you, no matter how pathetic you look, I’m going to fucking rape every orifice of your body and then pee in them all. I know you feel safe, locked in your filthy, section-8 apartment, posting on the internet where no one can physically get to you. And you’ll probably feel that way until I kick in your door, kick in your teeth, and stick my cock in your ass. And I know how pathetic you are, that’s why your comment really didn’t get me mad. You are lacking the mental capacity to understand you don’t talk about other people’s kids, and especially don’t wish them death. You just can’t understand that or anything beyond lying on the internet all day. And keep in mind that while I’m washing the jism I shot in your eyes out with my urine stream, that I’m not doing it out of hate, since I can’t hate the truly pathetic. I’ll actually be doing it because your parents didn’t know how to raise someone right and ended up producing you. Think of it as tough-love. I’m also going to break all your fingers so you can’t do the one thing you can do and look forward to: type on the internet to much.

Anyways, I miss you and wish you were here. I want to give you some love."

Weasel
On a happier note, if we could take a trip back in time - say ten years - to when the 12 year olds hadn't yet infested the Codex, we'd learn that Roqua had a far more positive view of the Codex back then.

I don't get it. 99% of the posters here are FPS fans, but they like FPS's with a couple stats and a little dialogue. I would bet my life that everyone that bitched about Oblivion bought Oblivion. And I would win because they all talked about how playing it sucked. The big game people here are looking forward to is an FPS (Bioshock). The only difference between this site and other sites is you can swear; and, of course, the people here whine about Oblivion before they buy it, instead of praising it and then buying it. People like and adore the same crap ass fake rpgs here as anywhere else for the most part. And I'm pretty sure you're all gay. VD's making a real game so I'll exclude him, but the rest of you cocksuckers aren't happy unless your madly clicking a mouse while in awe of the fancy graphics of the latest FPS 'rpg' or have a ballsack slapping on your chin and your tongue rubbing circles around the head of a penis. Keep drinking your mocha cherry coffee coolata and playing your rad super fresh games, bicthes. In a couple of years when all your games are made only for the consoles real men will take back the PC and these sites will be gay free.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I seriously think that as soon as we start talking about MMOs, people here have no clue, but also no interest in the subject, which I find sad. MMOs are MMORPGs for fuck's sake. Anyway, carry on.

There is no reason to play mmorpgs when you can play survival games which are like the best rpgs or something.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Hell, I started a thread about the recent Dutch vote in off-topic and it was deleted

It was probably moved to a forum you do not have access to rather than deleted

Also you should post more in-depth details and examples of this fascinating theory of yours, I'm not yet convinced

No, it is gone. It doesn't even show in my post history.

There is no better in=depth details than perusing the forums. Look at any crpg released in the past 3 or 4 years and compare that to the posts about games in any other forum. Non-rpgs are fucking loved to death and rpgs are just shit on.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Low functioning means you don't have the mental capabilities of taking care of yourself. I don't believe there any literal retards on the Codex.

By the way you wrote these words

"I'll kill you."

"Listen, I know its hard for an invalid, who has been protected by the system and sheltered inside his whole life due to being useless and unemployed, to understand why people just don’t cross certain lines, but I need you to understand something. I’m going to hurt you bad. Old, retarded, invalid, it doesn’t matter now. When I see you, no matter how pathetic you look, I’m going to fucking rape every orifice of your body and then pee in them all. I know you feel safe, locked in your filthy, section-8 apartment, posting on the internet where no one can physically get to you. And you’ll probably feel that way until I kick in your door, kick in your teeth, and stick my cock in your ass. And I know how pathetic you are, that’s why your comment really didn’t get me mad. You are lacking the mental capacity to understand you don’t talk about other people’s kids, and especially don’t wish them death. You just can’t understand that or anything beyond lying on the internet all day. And keep in mind that while I’m washing the jism I shot in your eyes out with my urine stream, that I’m not doing it out of hate, since I can’t hate the truly pathetic. I’ll actually be doing it because your parents didn’t know how to raise someone right and ended up producing you. Think of it as tough-love. I’m also going to break all your fingers so you can’t do the one thing you can do and look forward to: type on the internet to much.

Anyways, I miss you and wish you were here. I want to give you some love."

We'll have to agree to disagree on the low-functioning statement. Also, I clearly stated I am not Roqua so couldn't have made that eloquent, brilliant, and profound statement you quote. If I was the mods could link our accounts. They haven't because they can't.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
On a happier note, if we could take a trip back in time - say ten years - to when the 12 year olds hadn't yet infested the Codex, we'd learn that Roqua had a far more positive view of the Codex back then.

I don't get it. 99% of the posters here are FPS fans, but they like FPS's with a couple stats and a little dialogue. I would bet my life that everyone that bitched about Oblivion bought Oblivion. And I would win because they all talked about how playing it sucked. The big game people here are looking forward to is an FPS (Bioshock). The only difference between this site and other sites is you can swear; and, of course, the people here whine about Oblivion before they buy it, instead of praising it and then buying it. People like and adore the same crap ass fake rpgs here as anywhere else for the most part. And I'm pretty sure you're all gay. VD's making a real game so I'll exclude him, but the rest of you cocksuckers aren't happy unless your madly clicking a mouse while in awe of the fancy graphics of the latest FPS 'rpg' or have a ballsack slapping on your chin and your tongue rubbing circles around the head of a penis. Keep drinking your mocha cherry coffee coolata and playing your rad super fresh games, bicthes. In a couple of years when all your games are made only for the consoles real men will take back the PC and these sites will be gay free.

Before that this site had a much better community of people who were rpg aficionados. Then the retards started to flood in by droves. But people who attacked real rpgs were shamed and yelled down.

What happened between then and now is every attacks real rpgs and anyone who defends them is shamed and yelled down. No one left seems to actually like rpgs. Hence this post and the accurate diagnosis of this community by me.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If you take 'Roqua' and add c, c and k in there, it spells 'cuck'. Coincidence? I think not!

If you take testosterone and add it to Somberlain you get a low functioning young person who could be considered a man by some standards.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Before that this site had a much better community of people who were rpg aficionados. Then the retards started to flood in by droves. But people who attacked real rpgs were shamed and yelled down.

What happened between then and now is every attacks real rpgs and anyone who defends them is shamed and yelled down. No one left seems to actually like rpgs. Hence this post and the accurate diagnosis of this community by me.

Have you not seen the rather vociferous discussions regarding Underrail and Age of Decadence or the comparisons between them? Some seem like they would fight to the death to defend their opinion on how amazing these games are or why x does y better than z, yet they are both (gasp) RPGs. Perhaps you simply like bad RPGs that get rightfully shat on.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What say you?
NGyRo.gif

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Have you not seen the rather vociferous discussions regarding Underrail and Age of Decadence or the comparisons between them? Some seem like they would fight to the death to defend their opinion on how amazing these games are or why x does y better than z, yet they are both (gasp) RPGs. Perhaps you simply like bad RPGs that get rightfully shat on.

Since most of the retards here stay clear of indie games that aren't hipster approved happy-socks they get bashed far less than higher profile rpgs.

Perhaps, and far, far more likely given the high volume game threads, this community doesn't like rpgs. Look at the high volume game threads - compare the rpgs that get bashed versus Asian games, rpg lite console shit, and non-rpgs.

You can spew as much shit as you want, but this site's majority community hates real rpgs. Why don't you fucking idiots go to a general gaming site that better fits your hobby? I know, the title of this thread.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If a guy makes a thread about the Dunning-Kruger effect while he himself suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect does his own Dunning-Kruger effect affect the thread's Dunning-Kruger effect?

And you're a fucking genius? You epitomize this site. You don't even get into rpg discussions. You probably only play console games and pre-approved hipster bullshit.

You are rpgcodex. You are the just one of the many like you. No original thought, no rpg-love, just one more fucking retard who thinks they are smart because you are part of a community sharing your illness which I correctly diagnosed. What is the difference between you and 95% of the other posters here? Your fucking screen name. You are no different than the rest of the rpg hate mongering idiots. You are just a little bit more of a pedant and all you idiots like to pontificate while just being gasbags. Its just meaningless ramble.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Roqua said:
And you're a fucking genius? You epitomize this site. You don't even get into rpg discussions. You probably only play console games and pre-approved hipster bullshit.

You are rpgcodex. You are the just one of the many like you. No original thought, no rpg-love, just one more fucking retard who thinks they are smart because you are part of a community sharing your illness which I correctly diagnosed. What is the difference between you and 95% of the other posters here? Your fucking screen name. You are no different than the rest of the rpg hate mongering idiots. You are just a little bit more of a pedant and all you idiots like to pontificate while just being gasbags. Its just meaningless ramble.

You seem upset.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom