Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG of the year?

Which rpg is the best this year?

• ELEX

Votes: 59 18.1%
  • Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Votes: 56 17.2%
  • Expeditions: Viking

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • Divinity:Original sin 2

Votes: 92 28.2%
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Spellforce 3

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • The Surge

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nier: Automata

Votes: 20 6.1%
  • Galaxy of Pen & Paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyre

• Cat Quest

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hand of Fate 2

• Battle Chasers: Nightwar

• Mages of Mystralia

• Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • West of Loathing

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Vaporum

• Seven: The Days Long Gone

• Demons Age

• Hyakki Castle

• The Keep

• Willy-Nilly Knight

• Ticket to Earth

• Devoid of Shadows

• Children of Zodiarcs

• Fall of Light

• Mass Effect: Andromeda

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • QueenComrade!!!

Votes: 27 8.3%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I decided to splash all the rpg that i came up with here to see which one is the codex favourite. The better ones are at the top and mass effect is at the bottom,in between are rpg that are not very well known and/or niche. If i missed something say so and i will try to add it. Also no jrpg and that shit....not talking about visual style.

I am split between glorious incline ELEX and the best writing for the past few years in the face of Spellforce 3. But in the end i will go for ELEX.

Gimble

Educated
If you go by steam ratings, Cat's quest is the clear winner, followed by DOS2 ;)

Falksi

Arcane
Not played that many, but what I have played of Elex so far ( I don't own it yet, played a mates version) that got my vote.

Played his version of Nier :Automata too, and that'd be my second choice.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
q9XwjtC.png

yaP4RKK.png
Looking at the votes i take it that the Mass Effect is the winner.

Gimble

Educated
The most likely winner is Divinity. The worst game is probably Demons age. TB games finishing at the top as well as the bottom...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ELEX, despite its flaws. I had a lot of fun with it and it made me go back to Gothic 1 and 2. Now playing Gothic 3. Then, I'll probably replay Risen. Skip Risen 2 and play Risen 3 for the first time.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Voted divinity original sin 2 but mainly because i am not in to rpg with fixed protagonists even if there are some exceptions like planescape torment or witcher 3...And i don't know well grimoire.

Suicidal

Arcane
Divinity 2 for me followed by Nier (which is not really an RPG but it has levels in it so whatever). Haven't played ELEX or Grimoire yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom