Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG of the Year 2014 Community Vote

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
That being said, the discussion is dumb, because DivOs is clearly superior.
Nope, because Wasteland 2 is clearly superior. Of course, if you like real cRPGs that is.

Yes. If I spend all my time at a gay bar I might be gay. If I spend all my time at a straight bar with gays, even more likely.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it refreshing to see the codex argue about which RPG released this year is the best, instead of which is the least bad.

If I were taking part in this discussion, it would be about which one is least bad.

Gicusan

Educated
Both Wasteland and Original Sin are very good games. Any single one would have made a great year. I had a lot of fun playing Wasteland but, Original Sin is better. Combat with using environment and rock-paper-scissors magic system is enough to be called genius. Wasteland 2 is what I would call more "correct", Original Sin has maybe more flaws but it is exceptional. And I enjoy european humour. And I like Swen more than Fargo. I like both, it is just that while Fargo is more "correct", Swen is exceptional :)

The third game that got maximum points from me was Lords of Xulima, unfinished due to burned motherboard during Holidays :mad:, but very good feeling there, better than MMX.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Results still not in? It's been what, two days? Do the Codex brass needs us to set up a seti@home equivalent to calculate the results or what?

Weasel
Results still not in? It's been what, two days? Do the Codex brass needs us to set up a seti@home equivalent to calculate the results or what?

Guess they're having a debate on the staff forum about it. Quite a few decent candidates this year, but all with vocal detractors. It'll be interesting to see which one they go for, eg: If D:OS has most top votes, NEO Scavenger has highest avg rating but is much less played, Dragonfall is in between, etc.

Looking forward to the butthurt too.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

The staff need to engrave the award, fly over to the inXile offices, film the ceremony, and then edit and upload the video, all on a shoestring budget. That's more likely to take 2 weeks than 2 days.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Barely a day bro, I closed the poll yesterday. The results are ready, but we are preparing a big post about it and stuffies.

Also, is fun to see people debate it. :3

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
im calling it early - neo scavenger

heard it here first
Some codexer I don't give a fuck about will get super mad, others won't, Darkest Dungeon is still coming to Early Access next month.

*shrug*

Mortmal

Arcane
NEO Scavenger is actually more superior...

Theres some dark,twisted choices and consequences in neoscavenger, it's lot more mature than wastelands 2 indeed. This guy could do wonders with a big budget and be a very good lead designer with a bigger team.While in wastelands 2 i am wondering if they even tried to make the things tactical.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Theres some dark,twisted choices and consequences in neoscavenger, it's lot more mature than wastelands 2 indeed. This guy could do wonders with a big budget and be a very good lead designer with a bigger team.While in wastelands 2 i am wondering if they even tried to make the things tactical.

Agreed :salute:

I would LOVE to see this guy do a more.... cRPG-ish game with this setting (as in not a roguelike).

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The voting will stay open for another week or so, after which felipepepe will use the magic of science to calculate the results. One game will be chosen as the RPG Codex's official RPG of the Year, but there will be plenty of other data for felipepepe to analyze and share, too. As he put it elsewhere,

The poll is already closed and it hasn't been one full week...

Stelcio

Savant
Agreed :salute:

I would LOVE to see this guy do a more.... cRPG-ish game with this setting (as in not a roguelike).
Well, he owns the setting, he probably earned some precious :takemyjewgold: considering the game even reached #1 bestseller on Steam at one point, so I think dcfedor is in a position to think of it. He even tackles this particular matter in yesterday (today in US) update on BBG website, so he IS already thinking of the next thing.

This game really needs a Codex review. Many people here just seem to be oblivious of its existance, much shame.

I predict:
D:OS
Wasteland 2
Dragonfall

Though that may be better suited as a prediction for a more straightforward poll.

My ideal would be:
Wasteland 2
D:OS
Dragonfall

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I've been reading this site almost daily if not weekly for over a decade, don't remember any poll for 2014. Was this some kind of GD thing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom