Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Maker Contest - Xi and Crooked Bee win!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Zed, Jun 5, 2014.

?

GOTY a.k.a. RPG MAKER contest

1. crooked bee

36.4%
  2. broseph

15.2%
  3. felipepepe

15.2%
  4. xi

6.1%
  5. xu fugui's game dev soup

6.1%
  6. xu fugui's ski game

6.1%
  7. zed

6.1%
  8. niektory

6.1%
  9. mastermind

3.0%
  1. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Crooked Bee IS THE WINNER OF THE FIRST RPG CODEX RPG MAKER CONTEST!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PROPERLY ARRANGED LIST OF ENTRIES (w/LINKS) HERE: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-rpg-maker-contest-entries-a-round-up.92111/

In this thread, plebs are allowed to vote for their favorite RPG maker game created for this silly little impromptu contest.

VOTES ARE DISPLAYED PUBLICLY
    YOU MAY ONLY VOTE ON ONE ENTRY
    (so play them all first, lol)

No idea what winners recieve other than HONORS.
    Don't even know if we will have like a first place, second place, third place.
    Also, not sure what happens with that eric_s special judging award- that's entirely up to him how to handle that.

Also x2, Crooked Bee is in charge of any related news posts, and any related prize givings. Hahahrhrhuhueuhehu girl power

KONTESTANTS:

Broseph
    Crooked Bee
    Zed
    Xi
    Xu Fugui (submitted two games! I never said anything about not being able to do that so Way To Go, Man)
    felipepepe
    Niektory
    Mastermind

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  2. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Also, as expert in all things RPG Maker (and incidentally in RPG design too), cboyardee aka eric_s has agreed to judge the entries separately from the popular vote and give out his own award. So there'll be two awards, whoa.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    I'll try play all the entries tonight, and cast my voteeeee.

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    Irenaeus appears to be a godlike multitasker.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    I can't download felipepepe s because adblocker is blocking the required captpachacha :(

^ Top  
  6. Xu Fuguigender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    How long do we have to vote? I don't want to rush trough them. Cool beans in any case, this will be fun.

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Ranselknulfgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    there's no rush at all.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    Am I blind or is Crooked Bee's game missing from the OP?

^ Top  
  10. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    I just finished Crooked Bee 's game....

[​IMG]
    EVERYTHING NOW MAKES SENSE!

Just give he the prize, really. Fantastic work, not only the puzzles, but the great writing and the massive ammount of stuff to read and do. I made mine to be funny, but her's made me laugh out loud many times. :salute:

How long it took you to do all this?

You can get it from Steam Workshop as well: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267184870&tscn=1401953218

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's the third from the top among the stuff Zed quoted.

You can also consult this front page post if you want the entries to be more, um, neatly arranged: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-rpg-maker-contest-entries-a-round-up.92111/

Thanks :) Took me two days. Or rather, two absolutely sleepless nights plus some time during Tuesday-Thursday in-between doing work-related thingies (thankfully it's a bit of a down time at work atm).

But did you, like, actually discover all the 3 or so endings? (Not to count the defeat in the boss battle.) I thought it would take longer!

Also did you
    Show Spoiler
    manage to enter the bunker as commie?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:

Wasn't there before but I guess it was edited in.

I now have downloaded and installed all of the entries. Will be playing them all today hopefully.

^ Top  
  13. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler
    Ahn... no? I only got two endings: Teleporting out of Brenda and solving the riddles and solving the 5 riddles to face Sirotek...

Also, I couldn't get into Cleve's bunker... I tried everything from completing B__y __at to some key dates, but nothing worked. :(

^ Top  
  14. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    Mastermind
    wasn't edited in. you must have been temporarily blind.

I played all the entries besides felipepepe because I cant download from mediafire and I have no idea how the steam link works. I pressed subscribed but nothing happened and I don't know where to launch it from.

here are my notes so far:
    Show Spoiler

dark path - xi

holy shit. very well-made. obviously incomplete, but this is advanced rpg making.

days of spring- mastermind

very jrpgish dialogue and a lot of filler combat, but also some good fights and well-"designed" characters.

game dev soup - xu fugui

well-written, great up until filler combat in maze

out of element - niektory

I like the limited vision thingy but I didnt like the fights

excape from liberal hell - broseph

p. funny, but the dungeon is not very well-designed and there is too much filler combat

grimoire super demo - crooked bee

best concept, funny, no filler combat

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler
    - You should try using Neanderthal Sense inside the "door dungeon" (as I call it). This should lead you to a secret ending.

- It's a pretty tricky Codex lore check, basically. Might be the most obscure "branch" in the entire game. There are also three hints: one of the messages in the nearby area, the key terminal itself, and the message it says. Though the solution isn't quite straightforward.
    I'll PM you the answer to this; don't want to post it here yet.

^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

Funny, I got the Neanderthal Sense ending first. Also got into cleve's bunker as commie. Was a pretty cool puzzle.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Moving to the cRPG forums for more visibility.

^ Top  
  18. Niektorygender: ⚧ one of some Patron

Niektory
    Parrots:
    Yeah, didn't have time to work on them, I focused on making sure you can avoid them all (except the boss). Not an excuse, of course, they should be better. Did you get the good ending?

^ Top  
  19. mckgender: ⚧ Savant

mck
    Parrots:
    for those who bother to play them all, please post some screenshots here.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Mastermindgender: ⚧ Arcane Bethestard

Mastermind
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler
    I was going for a typical shounen anime style so while you probably didn't mean it as a compliment I'm happy it comes across that way.

^ Top  
  21. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Zed Could you also upload your game to filedropper, dropbox or mediafire? I can't extract your game for some reason, tried twice now; might be an incomplete download or smth.

^ Top  
  23. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
    very good!
    very kawaiisu feelgood, but also silly and abrupt.
    you should make a proper game sometime! it would be desu-tastic!

for some reason my game is humongous in size. I zipped the extracted files instead.

can you access this? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzPywt6ChReaNEpIeVFpa0RBZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    One cool thing I just noticed is that everyone is sharing their game with the edit option enabled, so if you see something awesome and get curious about how it was done, you can just open the project and check it out. :)

Xu Fugui , yours have some really nice lines, but I feel like you got lost between making a parody and a proper game... also, too much text!

^ Top  
  25. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Yup, works fine now, thanks.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)