Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RPG Codex's Top 50 cRPGs - Results and Reviews

Jrpgfan

Erudite
The dearth of Japanese faggotry on this list is glorious.

No japanese titles in a cRPG list. Who would have guessed.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It's not japanese if it doesn't have animu art and a linear story where you're a kid trying to save the world.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
its not made in japan if it doesn't have retard gook shit about retard teenagers with 2 inch cocks

Tigranes

Arcane
Could someone please tell me why KOTOR 2 is better than the first one? I thought the general impression is that the first one is the better of the two.

Reason is better writing, better characters, and more intriguing premise. Kotor did its best to extrapolate the spirit of Star Wars to console role playing games. MCA endeavored to elevate the material, creating perhaps the finest Star Wars story ever. The complex nature of the dialogues with companions made it the first true spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment.

Both have shitty gameplay
Second has a story that tries so if you love it you love it
First has a story copied and pasted from the same How To Write For Dummies textbook that they used for NWN1

circ

Arcane
I just don't get the praise for KoTOR II at all. I'm ignoring the fact that the story was unfinished just as the game was, but I didn't get this deep story it supposedly had. Is it because the exile is space jesus? I played it like last year - the modded version, but I just don't remember anything but being really bored. Kreia wants to destroy the force, 'kay. So? She had two retardedly lulzy disciples. One of them sucks off planets. The other one is some scarred guy who is really just ripped off from Fist of the North Star. Is it some metaphorical shit? Eshplain. Cuz I think it's shit.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
I just don't get the praise for KoTOR II at all. I'm ignoring the fact that the story was unfinished just as the game was, but I didn't get this deep story it supposedly had. Is it because the exile is space jesus? I played it like last year - the modded version, but I just don't remember anything but being really bored. Kreia wants to destroy the force, 'kay. So? She had two retardedly lulzy disciples. One of them sucks off planets. The other one is some scarred guy who is really just ripped off from Fist of the North Star. Is it some metaphorical shit? Eshplain. Cuz I think it's shit.

its because instead of going to 4 planets to get 4 different things before triggering the end game you...

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Reapa

Doom Preacher
gothic 2 at least isn't some shitty console to pc port if i recall correctly.

DatahawkStudios

Barely Literate
I just wanted to say that I got linked here by someone speaking negatively about the site because of what you viewed a RPG as -- let me just say that his negativity has turned into a major positive for me, as looking at your list I've finally found a site that knows what I am looking for.

I was looking for a list to catch up on the best games I'd missed while not having a ton of playtime because of being a grown adult. You have just made my week, and I signed up to your site (and will now be a regular visitor) because of it. I am starting to develop games and will be doing RPG's, so I really needed a GOOD list like this to aid me in catching up in the genre -- again, thank you SO much.

Truly appreciated, and great job! You have a new fan for life! :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wanted to say that I got linked here by someone speaking negatively about the site because of what you viewed a RPG as -- let me just say that his negativity has turned into a major positive for me, as looking at your list I've finally found a site that knows what I am looking for.

I was looking for a list to catch up on the best games I'd missed while not having a ton of playtime because of being a grown adult. You have just made my week, and I signed up to your site (and will now be a regular visitor) because of it. I am starting to develop games and will be doing RPG's, so I really needed a GOOD list like this to aid me in catching up in the genre -- again, thank you SO much.

Welcome. Be careful though, whether your feelings of positivity about our site persist may heavily depend on your opinion of some more recent RPGs. :cool:

DatahawkStudios

Barely Literate

Welcome. Be careful though, whether your feelings of positivity about our site persist may heavily depend on your opinion of some more recent RPGs. :cool:

Well, the main reason I found the place was because of a comment on another site saying that this place sucked because they considered a game that I wouldn't think is an RPG in a million years.

He was vulgar and crude and I literally could not wait for this site to load. While we all have disagreements over lists, you can see that the list here is done by people who love RPG's!

Already tracksd down a few titles I hadn't had a play through on and am confident I will enjoy them... and that is what is important to me as both a consumer and an aspiring developer!

Appreciate the welcome!

DatahawkStudios

Barely Literate
Already tracksd down a few titles I hadn't had a play
which one?

Gothic 2 and Arcanum, but I'm thinking of picking up one or two more titles and then just going to town. Probably going to get Wizardry 8 today as it's one of the only ones I've never played in that series.

(I didn't see it listed, but I also picked up Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition -- strictly because it now has split-screen couch co-op and I'm trying to get my wife more into RPG's. We've only ever played games like Rayman together!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom