Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

V_K

Arcane
So what are exactly customization options on level-up in ADnD?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Like most kids I started off on consoles. I played tons of console ports of crpgs like Ultima and Wizardry games, and some jrpgs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (then Dragon Warrior). Back then the PC had way better graphics than consoles. I graduated to the PC young with the first QFG and other hybrids as the rpgs where just then finding their legs and growing into their own as they tried and explored into crpgs. I'll give you the brief overview of why I hate console games in bullets so your little child mind can understand the easier points I stick to.

1) Most of the games you guys love poor the majority of their resources into graphics. These games cost so much they need to expand their target market as broad as possible, which means literally little tiny children. Little tiny children are fucking stupid as fuck. This means the combat, rpg systems, mechanics, etc, all have to be easily understood by little stupid fucking idiots. This means the games are simple, have no challenge, and have no meat or depth.

2) Console games are made to be used with a controller. Controller means shit UI and controls made for fucking savages and monkey people and not real controls made for the PC and utilize the significantly better KB + M as input devices. Nothing makes a game play like shit than shitty, uncivilized barbarian controls for fucking savages. For a like statement I give you KB + M is like the USA and hand controllers for consoles (or PCs) are like Bulgaria. One is good and makes anything possible and the other is really shitty and sucks and is laughed at by all people of normal or higher intelligence. People who plug console hand controllers into PCs should be raped until they die.

3) Consoles and console games give truth to what I dearly want to be falsehoods. People don't think, don't like to think, and have no desire to think. They are just robots, programmed to act in specific ways and to like what they are told is good.

4) The points start getting more complex after this so I won't waste either of our time explaining. If you help with the goal of turning this site back into an rpg site you should be old enough to be a real person, or almost a real person, and we can have a more advanced discussion about this without being inflected with the retarded bleatings of the filthy fucking retards that infest this site.
Meh,i have never sullied myself with a console in my life and i to hate them. Unlike you merican peons,we Bulgarians don't give money for inferior products like consoles. Still i judge the games on their own merit not on how big their budged is,don't care if they flop or they become mass market killer. I don't care if some game is ported on some retarded console,as long as it is good.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Heads up: we're close to 1,000 votes, and the voting is going much slower now. Seems like it ran its course, so I'll close it tomorrow (Friday).

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Meh,i have never sullied myself with a console in my life and i to hate them. Unlike you merican peons,we Bulgarians don't give money for inferior products like consoles. Still i judge the games on their own merit not on how big their budged is,don't care if they flop or they become mass market killer. I don't care if some game is ported on some retarded console,as long as it is good.

I have a feeling Bulgarians don't give money for games either, regardless of superiority or inferiority. Also, it isn't my fault most console games suck really bad and are made for children every built as much as your poll maker's favorite franchise - pokeman. I do like all the console ports that are decent games with good controls and heavy rpg elements, such as ELEX. I also somewhat enjoy the Etrian Odyssey games and Class of Heroes games and Elminage Original. None of them can hold a candle to Wiz7 or 8 or MMX or Frayed Knights or even Swords and Sorcery Underworld, etc, but they aren't bad games to play when shitting and having nothing on hand to read. FONV would be good if it wasn't so fucking ridiculously easy and had a sensible, civilized UI - and it is better than decent with that mod I really like that adds a ton of challenge and improves the rpg aspects significantly, but nothing can be done for the shitty console UI. But, it is 100% clear that FONV would have been a much, much better game if designed for the PC exclusively. If you can't see that than you have no real intelligence or love of rpgs with meaning and substance.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The poll made me realize I barely played any rpgs in 2017 :<

But if we count Prey as an rpg then it should be goty imho just in terms of greatness. Else probably Div os 2

I think mods on this site not liking and not even bothering to play rpgs but loving console games is par for the course. It doesn't make any sort of sense to sane people, but it sure is expected.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Prey an RPG?

:hahyou:

I mean, great game, had lots of fun.
But as I remember, it was in no way my character stats that determined the outcome of anything but my aiming skill.
It is probably as much of an RPG as Genital Jousting.

Perkel

Arcane
Fucking ashamed of myself.

Barely played any RPG in 2017.

Started T:ToN never finished it.
Original Sin 2 comes out and i have barely any wants to play it. I know it is good but i don't know why i never bothered to pick it up.
Winged Exemplar comes out. Started it and dropped it in a few hours.
Andromeda ? After whole shebang i don't care to even start it. Especially after ME3. So i can't say it is even bad as people say.
ELEX seems like my kind of RPG also never started it.
Wanted to like Prey but when i started i imminently got turn of by those fucking black goo monsters.

I am depressed now man.

Only thing that i managed to finish is Nier:Automata and it is fucking great game but i never really expected it to be RPG in first place when i picked it up i went mostly for storyfag reasons since people i have seen Original Nier synopsis.

:despair::despair::despair:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started T:ToN never finished it.
Winged Exemplar comes out. Started it and dropped it in a few hours.
Andromeda ? After whole shebang i don't care to even start it. Especially after ME3. So i can't say it is even bad as people say.
You didn't miss much. Felt exactly the same about Grimoire and T:ToN.
I did actually play Andromeda and was suprised that there was some good core beneath the layers of horrible shit.
But the shit wore me down after 10 hours or so.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Roqua said:
Why is Battle Brothers an rpg

Would you prefer another category called "Strategy RPGs" in which to put Battle Brothers? How many subcategories would satisfy you, Roqua? The game's discussion has to be put somewhere.

but the XCOM 2 expansion not?

As much as your fevered brain wants to believe that XCOM 2 is an RPG, it's not. Just because there are dark evil weirdos pursuing you in the expansion doesn't make it one either. However, if discussion on the game is to occur here, it has to take place somewhere. It's a strategy game. Relax.

Why is...JA2 and their ilk in Strategy?

Because Laptop Guy doesn't have any stats. Now shut the fuck up.

Why is the Asian game forum called Jrpg when the mods stated any asian game will go there regardless of being an rpg or not?

Because we like the JRPG meme? Because the Japs came way before the Koreans and the Chinese in terms of making RPGs? Just to piss OCD weirdos like you off, maybe?

Why is this once illustrious rpg site that used to be for high-brow connoisseurs of rpgs now controlled by low-brow pokeman loving bronies and people that don't know shit about rpgs or able to make sensible, reasonable decisions on what goes where?

This one really cracks me up. RPG Codex started declining when people like you, Roqua, first showed up. You quickly became known as a guy who was more interested in talking about off-topic stupid shit rather than RPGs themselves. Your involvement in these things has been well documented in Retardo Land and you know it. You brought the first wave of retardation and it found a foothold and stuck. So quit complaining about the site's descent into mainstream "low-brow" mediocrity because you're as responsible for it as anyone else here. In fact, I'd even say that you led the way for some of the site's most infamous dumbfucks like kc and andhaira. Deal with it.

And lastly, why can't I have real rpg discussions on this site and am instead relegated to pointing out the same nonsense over and over to stupider and stupider people? What remedies are the leadership of this site taking to purge the site of the fucking retards that infested it so I can have an actual intelligent rpg discussion again? Why am I the enemy? There are thousands of gaming websites out there, but only two are supposed to be for people that actually like actual rpgs. Now there are two sites that are focused on children games for retards and stupids that fraudulently claim to be about rpgs, and one banned me. Why shouldn't this site's population move to a general gaming site? Or just change the fucking name to GamerCodex and take the legs off my argument.

Read this entire paragraph back to yourself out loud and see if you can spot the real problem.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
You should change the tagline of this site to - RpgCodex - Where even pedophiles can pretend to like rpgs.

Please tell me what is so different between Battle Brothers that makes it an rpg and XCOM and JA2 which make them strategy games? I am not saying XCOM and JA2 are rpgs, I am saying they were correctly placed in the right forum back when shit made sense. You are saying Battle brothers is an rpg and they are not because? Nothing. That's what you offered as evidence. You did not articulate any points because you can't. I run fucking circles around your pedo-head when it comes to rpg knowledge.

And now you are an expert of a time when you weren't even here too? Back when I was making illustrious and thought provoking posts you were lubing up all giddy with excitement to watch the children ride bicycles by your window. I was a year or two late for the party here because I was posting on rpgdot, you were almost a decade late because you don't even like rpgs and shouldn't be here. You are a fraud and severely fucked up in the head. What kind of cretin seeks to be the drama queen of a supposed rpg site? What the fuck is wrong with you?

And I reread the paragraph and all I see is wokeness, truth, and genius. I hesitate to try and see what you do as I have no desire to get in the head of someone who finds sexually undeveloped children as great places to stick penises in.

I really look forward to you trying to articulate the reasons you believe Battle Brothers is an rpg but XCOM and JA2 aren't. What would you categorize Hammer & Sickle? I bet you can't because you don't play rpgs other than the most popular console shit and hipster tripe, all blatant non-rpgs.

Your turn, dickneck.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Roqua said:
What kind of cretin seeks to be the drama queen of a supposed rpg site?

You?

old-man-laughing.jpg

I really look forward to you trying to articulate the reasons you believe Battle Brothers is an rpg but XCOM and JA2 aren't.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so

It has to be categorized as something, so we choose to allow discussion of the game to take place in the forum that corresponds to what the game self-identifies as. Who are we to deny that to these games?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Its nice to know that content, mechanics, and systems have nothing to do with categories. Just what a developer self-identifies as. Rpgcodex - taking identity politics to games. So if VD decides AoD is a platformer that will make it true too? Maybe we should change rpg into Zhe or another category neutral pronoun?

If you want to see how useful retards that know shit about shit calling things rpgs are just open steam and go to the rpg section and look at trending and best sellers.

I knew pedophiles where suck, but I honestly am surprised in just how fucking stupid you all are. MBLA should kick you out for making them look bad.

I am asking you to prove you are not a fucking complete retard by articulating why exactly Battle brothers is an rpg and XCOM, JA2, SS, and other srpgs aren't. I know you can't. Its time to come clean like Scrooge did and just admit you are a fucking fraud.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
That is also par for the course here - fucking retards blabbering left and right without knowing a thing about what they blab about. You are the perfect symbol of this site and community.

You should stick to fucking little kids and other things you know stuff about, and leave the real adults with brains to talk about the whole reason this site should be here.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is also par for the course here - fucking retards blabbering left and right without knowing a thing about what they blab about. You are the perfect symbol of this site and community.

You should stick to fucking little kids and other things you know stuff about, and leave the real adults with brains to talk about the whole reason this site should be here.
You have post it in the wrong forum mate. This is the codex not neogaf resetera. We don't have such respectable individuals here.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roqua often makes a good point then followed by an avalanche of diarrhea. Thats just how he posts.
Yeah,i have learned to half-read him. Some time he makes pretty good post and some time pretty retarded ones. He is pretty fanatical when it comes to consoles,even if it is the best rpg in the world,if it is ported to some console he will hate it and not accept it as a rpg. Strange guy as a whole,don't mind his posts,after all the codex is full of strange individuals.

Like most kids I started off on consoles. I played tons of console ports of crpgs like Ultima and Wizardry games, and some jrpgs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (then Dragon Warrior). Back then the PC had way better graphics than consoles. I graduated to the PC young with the first QFG and other hybrids as the rpgs where just then finding their legs and growing into their own as they tried and explored into crpgs. I'll give you the brief overview of why I hate console games in bullets so your little child mind can understand the easier points I stick to.

1) Most of the games you guys love poor the majority of their resources into graphics. These games cost so much they need to expand their target market as broad as possible, which means literally little tiny children. Little tiny children are fucking stupid as fuck. This means the combat, rpg systems, mechanics, etc, all have to be easily understood by little stupid fucking idiots. This means the games are simple, have no challenge, and have no meat or depth.

This... actually makes an alarming amount of sense.

Did the moderators really set up a script to redirect you and only you to RPGWatch? Because that’s fucking hilarious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom