Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Just imagine if things where shit back then and people still had shit taste back when this site wasn't overrun by retarded children who despise real rpgs how far it has fallen when the people who made the polls still did not include blatant non-rpgs or games made explicitly for children and consoles. There is only like 10 games in that whole post that should have been included. I'm not saying they are good games, or non-shit games, but if this site's leadership and poll creators consider everything to be an rpg why the fuck don't they just change the name of the site? Is truly embarrassing, and even more embarrassing when you consider that the people who should be embarrassed aren't smart enough to even know they should be.

While I'm not sure, that I want to put it like that, yeah, when I saw the poll I thought - what the fuck are all these games are?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
... As RPG as it gets, the only thing it does differently is that conflict is resolved through a sports game.

Which is retarded

It's not my thing, but a lot of people enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with someone using a conflict resolution system other than combat in a role playing game, this kind of experimentation should be encouraged.

Yeah, a conflict resolved through a dance. Or a versus... :ehue:

0McM.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Going through this list I noticed I barely played any RPGs this year. I spent most of my time playing multiple expansions of Path of Exile, the singleplayer RPGs have mostly been unexciting and didn't pull me in. Expeditions: Vikings is only RPG on that list that I plan to play at some point for sure.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Do any of you fucking retards realize bragging about how you don't play rpgs on a supposed website made just for them makes you look ever more retarded? 2017 was a great year for rpgs, as any of you would know if you actually liked them. It is fact this list is almost exclusively non-rpgs and mostly console games aimed at kids and retarded adults, but the actual rpgs included are pretty fucking awesome, and in higher numbers than in any year for the first 14 years of this century.

I know I am not wanted here, especially since the super intelligent rpg-hating but drama-loving mods here added a script redetecting me to rpgwatch, but I just don't get why all of you are here. If you like pokeman more than rpgs, why would you post here? If you just blatantly don't like rpgs, why post here? I am flummoxed. I just don't understand. But I do know I am right and you all are retarded and unseemly. Do you guys see this as a mislabeled general gaming site? Or do you guys think liking rpgs is irrelevant and shouldn't matter regardless of the name of this site?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
eat shit and die roqua

Touche and well said. You are very intelligent as well as articulate. I'm sure you are a very knowledgeable adult with deep thoughts and tons of experience so that is why your comment hurt me so much. Or proved all my points. Either or.

Ruzen

Savant
Bragging about you being fanatically in love with RPG's a better thing?
People have been talking about how RPG's turning into worse and worse. Since 2000's people argued and argued about RPG's. How the quests should work, how the narrative should work, how the combat rules should work, bla bla bla. We have talked and accumulate enough knowledge to understand one thing. You can not stop the mixing of genres. If someone comes up to me and says "Dragon age: Inquisitor is one of the best RPG" I would argue about what unenjoyable mechanics or another comes with "Divinity: OS 2 is the best RPG" I would still argue about how boring the combat is. Telling people, they are retarded children? Dude wake up its 2000 and 18. People argued enough about RPG's in their younger years. You still want to talk about what makes a pure RPG? Ok, go ahead at least don't make a big fuss about it. And don't be such a snowflake when you see someone commits heresy to your pure RPG religion.

Do any of you fucking retards realize bragging about how you don't play rpgs on a supposed website made just for them makes you look ever more retarded? 2017 was a great year for rpgs, as any of you would know if you actually liked them. It is fact this list is almost exclusively non-rpgs and mostly console games aimed at kids and retarded adults, but the actual rpgs included are pretty fucking awesome, and in higher numbers than in any year for the first 14 years of this century.

I know I am not wanted here, especially since the super intelligent rpg-hating but drama-loving mods here added a script redetecting me to rpgwatch, but I just don't get why all of you are here. If you like pokeman more than rpgs, why would you post here? If you just blatantly don't like rpgs, why post here? I am flummoxed. I just don't understand. But I do know I am right and you all are retarded and unseemly. Do you guys see this as a mislabeled general gaming site? Or do you guys think liking rpgs is irrelevant and shouldn't matter regardless of the name of this site?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People have been talking about how RPG's turning into worse and worse. Since 2000's people argued and argued about RPG's. How the quests should work, how the narrative should work, how the combat rules should work, bla bla bla. We have talked and accumulate enough knowledge to understand one thing. You can not stop the mixing of genres. If someone comes up to me and says "Dragon age: Inquisitor is one of the best RPG" I would argue about what unenjoyable mechanics or another comes with "Divinity: OS 2 is the best RPG" I would still argue about how boring the combat is. Telling people, they are retarded children? Dude wake up its 2000 and 18. People argued enough about RPG's in their younger years. You still want to talk about what makes a pure RPG? Ok, go ahead at least don't make a big fuss about it. And don't be such a snowflake when you see someone commits heresy to your pure RPG religion.

Still he have a point how bragging about not playing rpgs is stupid. I don't get why people come to a forum about rpgs when they don't play any. I wouldn't have any problem if such people stayed in the GD.

Lhynn

Arcane
Roqua often makes a good point then followed by an avalanche of diarrhea. Thats just how he posts.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Roqua often makes a good point then followed by an avalanche of diarrhea. Thats just how he posts.
Yeah,i have learned to half-read him. Some time he makes pretty good post and some time pretty retarded ones. He is pretty fanatical when it comes to consoles,even if it is the best rpg in the world,if it is ported to some console he will hate it and not accept it as a rpg. Strange guy as a whole,don't mind his posts,after all the codex is full of strange individuals.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Yes, liking rpgs is better than not liking them on an rpg site. This should be self evident to adults and people of normal intelligence. I do not fanatically love rpgs either - I fanatically love the rpgs I think are good. I defend the ones that are shit on for no logical or reasonable reason. I attack the ones that are loved without question when they have glaring faults everyone ignores or does not care about when it hurts what I want from rpgs. I can look objectively at the ones I really like and point out what I consider there deficiency. I question the logic of the leaders of this site when they make choices that make no sense or promote non-rpgs while ignoring real rpgs. And, I try and get the people that have the possibility to be a real, thinking person to be a real, thinking person. I have an agenda - I want more rpgs made the way I like them to be, and I want rpgs to be the focus of this site (including the ones I dislike). I also have principles, and though I am no Einstein I am significantly less stupid than most of the people that post here.

This site is controlled by very stupid kids that have no ability to reason and are immune to logic and sense. This site is led by pedophiles like Crispy, who does not like rpgs for the most part and barely plays them. Infinitron plays the most hipster selection but seems to like drama and stories about developers more than the cause of rpgs. The creator of this poll literally prefers pokeman over rpgs. And none of the leadership seems to like crpgs and lack the ability to make a reasonable, article, and consistent points of why real crpgs are bad and pokeman is superior. DU used to at least do something amusing, and seemed to have used this site for his amusement, which is something I respect and would do myself - but he needs to clean house and make some sensible guidelines on what posts go where, and rein in his staff when they go after people that actually likes rpgs, instead of stomping on the couple people left standing here that like them.

At one point this site was made for people like me - people who love and want to promote and talk about rpgs. Now it is a hipster site filled with kids who wouldn't know a real rpg unless there was a youtube video of minecraft with the simple and general gist of it embedded in subliminal messages simple enough for their stupid, kid minds to grasp it. If this site used to be like an Indian food restaurant what it is now is a shitty diner serving idiots almost exclusively non-Indian food, and once in a while they put Naan on the menu and all the patrons complain about how much it sucks. Change the fucking name of the restaurant or serve fucking Indian food. Why is this so hard for you fucking morons to get?

Since you where able to talk in sentences and make a full paragraph and were able to communicate your points without a picture you seem to be more intelligent than 99% of the people here - please tell me how I am wrong. And I've been playing rpgs since the 80s, not just this century. I post here because this site is supposed to be about my hobby (and rpgwatch permabanned me because once Dhruin left they turned into a bunch of left-wing puritanical hate-mongers). Why do pokeman and child game lovers post here? Just look at the fucking poll and then read through the comments of people bragging about not playing any of the rpgs, or only one, or a couple. Why is Battle Brothers an rpg but the XCOM 2 expansion not? Why is Battle Brothers in GRPG and XCOM and JA2 and their ilk in Strategy? Why is Battle Chasers or whatever that jrpg called in grpg when Disgraced in the Asian game forum? Why is the Asian game forum called Jrpg when the mods stated any asian game will go there regardless of being an rpg or not? Why is this once illustrious rpg site that used to be for high-brow connoisseurs of rpgs now controlled by low-brow pokeman loving bronies and people that don't know shit about rpgs or able to make sensible, reasonable decisions on what goes where?

And lastly, why can't I have real rpg discussions on this site and am instead relegated to pointing out the same nonsense over and over to stupider and stupider people? What remedies are the leadership of this site taking to purge the site of the fucking retards that infested it so I can have an actual intelligent rpg discussion again? Why am I the enemy? There are thousands of gaming websites out there, but only two are supposed to be for people that actually like actual rpgs. Now there are two sites that are focused on children games for retards and stupids that fraudulently claim to be about rpgs, and one banned me. Why shouldn't this site's population move to a general gaming site? Or just change the fucking name to GamerCodex and take the legs off my argument.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, liking rpgs is better than not liking them on an rpg site. This should be self evident to adults and people of normal intelligence. I do not fanatically love rpgs either - I fanatically love the rpgs I think are good. I defend the ones that are shit on for no logical or reasonable reason. I attack the ones that are loved without question when they have glaring faults everyone ignores or does not care about when it hurts what I want from rpgs. I can look objectively at the ones I really like and point out what I consider there deficiency. I question the logic of the leaders of this site when they make choices that make no sense or promote non-rpgs while ignoring real rpgs. And, I try and get the people that have the possibility to be a real, thinking person to be a real, thinking person. I have an agenda - I want more rpgs made the way I like them to be, and I want rpgs to be the focus of this site (including the ones I dislike). I also have principles, and though I am no Einstein I am significantly less stupid than most of the people that post here.

This site is controlled by very stupid kids that have no ability to reason and are immune to logic and sense. This site is led by pedophiles like Crispy, who does not like rpgs for the most part and barely plays them. Infinitron plays the most hipster selection but seems to like drama and stories about developers more than the cause of rpgs. The creator of this poll literally prefers pokeman over rpgs. And none of the leadership seems to like crpgs and lack the ability to make a reasonable, article, and consistent points of why real crpgs are bad and pokeman is superior. DU used to at least do something amusing, and seemed to have used this site for his amusement, which is something I respect and would do myself - but he needs to clean house and make some sensible guidelines on what posts go where, and rein in his staff when they go after people that actually likes rpgs, instead of stomping on the couple people left standing here that like them.

At one point this site was made for people like me - people who love and want to promote and talk about rpgs. Now it is a hipster site filled with kids who wouldn't know a real rpg unless there was a youtube video of minecraft with the simple and general gist of it embedded in subliminal messages simple enough for their stupid, kid minds to grasp it. If this site used to be like an Indian food restaurant what it is now is a shitty diner serving idiots almost exclusively non-Indian food, and once in a while they put Naan on the menu and all the patrons complain about how much it sucks. Change the fucking name of the restaurant or serve fucking Indian food. Why is this so hard for you fucking morons to get?

Since you where able to talk in sentences and make a full paragraph and were able to communicate your points without a picture you seem to be more intelligent than 99% of the people here - please tell me how I am wrong. And I've been playing rpgs since the 80s, not just this century. I post here because this site is supposed to be about my hobby (and rpgwatch permabanned me because once Dhruin left they turned into a bunch of left-wing puritanical hate-mongers). Why do pokeman and child game lovers post here? Just look at the fucking poll and then read through the comments of people bragging about not playing any of the rpgs, or only one, or a couple. Why is Battle Brothers an rpg but the XCOM 2 expansion not? Why is Battle Brothers in GRPG and XCOM and JA2 and their ilk in Strategy? Why is Battle Chasers or whatever that jrpg called in grpg when Disgraced in the Asian game forum? Why is the Asian game forum called Jrpg when the mods stated any asian game will go there regardless of being an rpg or not? Why is this once illustrious rpg site that used to be for high-brow connoisseurs of rpgs now controlled by low-brow pokeman loving bronies and people that don't know shit about rpgs or able to make sensible, reasonable decisions on what goes where?

And lastly, why can't I have real rpg discussions on this site and am instead relegated to pointing out the same nonsense over and over to stupider and stupider people? What remedies are the leadership of this site taking to purge the site of the fucking retards that infested it so I can have an actual intelligent rpg discussion again? Why am I the enemy? There are thousands of gaming websites out there, but only two are supposed to be for people that actually like actual rpgs. Now there are two sites that are focused on children games for retards and stupids that fraudulently claim to be about rpgs, and one banned me. Why shouldn't this site's population move to a general gaming site? Or just change the fucking name to GamerCodex and take the legs off my argument.

TL;DR but I guess you are saying Breath of the Wild should be in the poll?

I agree.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Yeah,i have learned to half-read him. Some time he makes pretty good post and some time pretty retarded ones. He is pretty fanatical when it comes to consoles,even if it is the best rpg in the world,if it is ported to some console he will hate it and not accept it as a rpg. Strange guy as a whole,don't mind his posts,after all the codex is full of strange individuals.

Like most kids I started off on consoles. I played tons of console ports of crpgs like Ultima and Wizardry games, and some jrpgs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (then Dragon Warrior). Back then the PC had way better graphics than consoles. I graduated to the PC young with the first QFG and other hybrids as the rpgs where just then finding their legs and growing into their own as they tried and explored into crpgs. I'll give you the brief overview of why I hate console games in bullets so your little child mind can understand the easier points I stick to.

1) Most of the games you guys love poor the majority of their resources into graphics. These games cost so much they need to expand their target market as broad as possible, which means literally little tiny children. Little tiny children are fucking stupid as fuck. This means the combat, rpg systems, mechanics, etc, all have to be easily understood by little stupid fucking idiots. This means the games are simple, have no challenge, and have no meat or depth.

2) Console games are made to be used with a controller. Controller means shit UI and controls made for fucking savages and monkey people and not real controls made for the PC and utilize the significantly better KB + M as input devices. Nothing makes a game play like shit than shitty, uncivilized barbarian controls for fucking savages. For a like statement I give you KB + M is like the USA and hand controllers for consoles (or PCs) are like Bulgaria. One is good and makes anything possible and the other is really shitty and sucks and is laughed at by all people of normal or higher intelligence. People who plug console hand controllers into PCs should be raped until they die.

3) Consoles and console games give truth to what I dearly want to be falsehoods. People don't think, don't like to think, and have no desire to think. They are just robots, programmed to act in specific ways and to like what they are told is good.

4) The points start getting more complex after this so I won't waste either of our time explaining. If you help with the goal of turning this site back into an rpg site you should be old enough to be a real person, or almost a real person, and we can have a more advanced discussion about this without being inflected with the retarded bleatings of the filthy fucking retards that infest this site.

sstacks

Arcane
Let's make a rule that if there's jumping involved or parkour, it's a 3-D action game with rpg elements, not a 3-D RPG...
3-D RPG - NWN, NWN 2
3-D Action Game with RPG Elements - Bloodlines, New Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Breath of the Wild
3-D Action Game - GTA V, GTA San Andreas, Doom, Halo, Prince of Persia, Thief

RPG Codex, let us make this our stand, our line in the sand. Jump no more.

I could live with that. Wonder where Copper Dreams would fall into that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom