Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Top 74 PC RPGs of All Time: Boxed Edition

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I know it's quite expensive with regular post too. Was just saying that ebay's global shipping program is a scam and I still fail to see why some sellers use it. They might as well restrict the sales to USA, because paying ebay's shipping prices is insanity.

Anyway, if you have a list with prices maybe I'd be interested too.

Cheers!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I know it's quite expensive with regular post too. Was just saying that ebay's global shipping program is a scam and I still fail to see why some sellers use it. They might as well restrict the sales to USA, because paying ebay's shipping prices is insanity.

Cheers!

Don't use their shipping program so no worries there. I'll try to get a list with prices asap and them PM you said list. Keep in mind that all prices are negotiable and my stating price is around what I initially purchased it at (with the exception of the extremely rare or autographed items).

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Cheers!

Don't use their shipping program so no worries there. I'll try to get a list with prices asap and them PM you said list. Keep in mind that all prices are negotiable and my stating price is around what I initially purchased it at (with the exception of the extremely rare or autographed items).

I want that list too :)

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well I'm now contemplating putting my collection up for sale. :negative:

My daughters off to college, and as many here in the ol' US of A know, it can be quite expensive. Since I have complete sets of the Ultima, Might & Magic, Gold Box, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Wing Commander, Jagged Alliance Fallout Quest for Glory, Bard's Tale, series (plus many other series as well as tons of SSI games) all with their clue books/ strategy guides, pre-orders, Collector's Editions, etc. it should hopefully bring in some nice revenue. Fortunately, most of them are already photographed so posting them on ebay will be easy.

It is tough to let these go but I have sold my collections before and when I get the bug to collect again what I end up getting is better than what I had before. I do enjoy the "hunt" as well so... eh, maybe it's that time again to sell. I won't be posting my Kickstarter games as I still feel quite attached to many of them. However, selling my autographed copies of UU & UUII, Wing Commander III or New Vegas will be hard. Not sure when Avellone and Sawyer will ever be in the same room again to sign something like that :P.

If/when I posts these to sell I'll make a separate thread as I know some here may be interested in some of this collection.

Aw, man. This news is sad, since I know how much you were proud of that collection.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well I'm now contemplating putting my collection up for sale. :negative:

My daughters off to college, and as many here in the ol' US of A know, it can be quite expensive. Since I have complete sets of the Ultima, Might & Magic, Gold Box, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Wing Commander, Jagged Alliance Fallout Quest for Glory, Bard's Tale, series (plus many other series as well as tons of SSI games) all with their clue books/ strategy guides, pre-orders, Collector's Editions, etc. it should hopefully bring in some nice revenue. Fortunately, most of them are already photographed so posting them on ebay will be easy.

It is tough to let these go but I have sold my collections before and when I get the bug to collect again what I end up getting is better than what I had before. I do enjoy the "hunt" as well so... eh, maybe it's that time again to sell. I won't be posting my Kickstarter games as I still feel quite attached to many of them. However, selling my autographed copies of UU & UUII, Wing Commander III or New Vegas will be hard. Not sure when Avellone and Sawyer will ever be in the same room again to sign something like that :P.

If/when I posts these to sell I'll make a separate thread as I know some here may be interested in some of this collection.

Aw, man. This news is sad, since I know how much you were proud of that collection.

As the Stoics would say, we give up all of our belongings when we die, anyway. It is best to have flexible attitudes towards one's wealth and properties and not use them as an existential refuge. Collection is well and good, but hoarding and shop therapy are diseases.

That collection could have formed the basis of the world's first cRPG museum, however, or at least served as a fine exhibit in museum dedicated to video games. But, maybe the moment wasn't right.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom