Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Top 74 PC RPGs of All Time: Boxed Edition

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I'm jealous, thanks for sharing.. Could you make higher resolution photos/scan them though mindx2?
I will be in the future. Right now I really don't have the equipment to properly photograph and archive all the items in the collection. Maybe Santa will be nice this year and I'll be able to get what's needed to do it right...

...or perhaps a Kickstarter/Patreon type thing...? :troll:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I will be in the future. Right now I really don't have the equipment to properly photograph and archive all the items in the collection. Maybe Santa will be nice this year and I'll be able to get what's needed to do it right...

...or perhaps a Kickstarter/Patreon type thing...? :troll:
Don't wait too long. My grandfather had a barn full of museum pieces like sabres, mortar and pestles, super old coins and books, doors etc. It all burned down one day because his neighbours were doing an insurance fraud and set their house on fire which spread on the barn. #truestory (though at least 50 years old)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
mindx2, sir, I salute you for your choice of newspaper. I too am reading the very same publication.

BVVbelZ.jpg

TimCain is a true bro, indeed. He needs some emoticons, yes?

5eczoMe.png

:timislove:

4DeL9Ca.png

b9MK6Bw.png

:avelloneplayingarcanum:

clbvlA5.png

:ishouldnerfthewolves:

hrqObWT.png

:fallout3: or :avelloneplayingarcanum:

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks Karwelas as I appreciate any info on this kind of thing. Not much there that's an "Oh, Wow!" moment and some of those games are in rough shape (and that guy handles them pretty rough as well!). Couldn't understand one thing he said but I take it he was selling those on ebay? Don't know the potato to dollar exchange rate so couldn't tell if his prices where reasonable or not.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
No. He bought these in an antique shop which sold it because some guy had debts and his entire collection got sold for small potatoes. He paid around 4$ for each game even though on ebay they go for 15$ or more (these ebay prices are to show the viewers how good a deal he made). And there were hundreds games in that shop, he only bought a couple of dozens.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I like more the thin box cover of Wasteland than the other, however is great to have those box images in hand.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Either I'm blind or you're missing the Design work book for Dark Souls?

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
It's awesome, I got it as well. Then again it wasn't part of any box, so that might be the reason. It's a shame I can't read the interviews, only gaze longingly at the pictures.

The small Dark souls art book also seems to be missing from the Limited Edition? It also includes a CD with the game music on it.

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
It's awesome, I got it as well. Then again it wasn't part of any box, so that might be the reason. It's a shame I can't read the interviews, only gaze longingly at the pictures.

The small Dark souls art book also seems to be missing from the Limited Edition? It also includes a CD with the game music on it.
Which edition of Dark Souls are you referencing? I only archived US PC releases with one or two exceptions.

Perkel

Arcane

Which edition of Dark Souls are you referencing? I only archived US PC releases with one or two exceptions.

Probably console one. Console premiere release had paper cover (along with standard box) which included awesome small art book witch had 2DVD. One with music from game and second Behind production (or something like that named).
Either way i have this art book at it is short but very high quality (proper thick paper) which contains mostly characters concept art from game.

Here are photos i just took:

vgzhasjz2fWBnLksQcHxjLoOvmZEUJdhmm08o_HHlHU

omx_e4iJ61NxmJzuIuMj_LosLRzkMnHUl4A-z4rBR88

K0jmXh4WgYVcYMgrWzKWfKm3Pt2ePPzsg8vAhhpTtEo

Shouldn't be hard to find on ebay if you want it.

This is Behind the Game video on DVD:

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks Perkel but I won't sully my shelves with a console version. :smug:

I meant art book. I bought it first for PS3 because there wasn't at that time pc version and i just recently finished Deamon's Souls.
Damn i wish Deamon's Souls would get PC release but alas it is Sony funded exclusive so chances are 0%.

Deamon's Souls was waaay better than Dark Souls. Not only because it was first (so DS was just more of the same for most of people playing DeS first) but also because of theme and design behind which is way more interesting than just metroidvania of DS

mindx2

Patron
Thanks Perkel but I won't sully my shelves with a console version. :smug:

I meant art book. I bought it first for PS3 because there wasn't at that time pc version and i just recently finished Deamon's Souls.
Damn i wish Deamon's Souls would get PC release but alas it is Sony funded exclusive so chances are 0%.

Deamon's Souls was waaay better than Dark Souls. Not only because it was first (so DS was just more of the same for most of people playing DeS first) but also because of theme and design behind which is way more interesting than just metroidvania of DS
I understood you meant the art book but if it didn't come with the PC boxed version it doesn't get archived.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
12edce4c125b5b86f6837a0816834cecc1a0a779282a16f60fdc7b430e5ae33a.jpg

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well I bought it off the dutch store bol.com, not sure where they ship.

Yeah I just checked, it's no longer available. They have a Dark Souls II variant now only.

mindx2

Patron
Finally found a reasonably priced Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back Atari version that includes the rare gold coin.

Dungeon Master Chaos Strikes Back.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom