Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex Top 70 PC RPGs (Now with User Reviews!)

IGN were late to the party.... but the Skyrim debate is claiming more victims:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/top-70-pc-rpg-list-rpg-codex.453990549/

Fan, yes. Fanboy, no. I don't threaten to kill people for not liking Skyrim.
literally every region has a story behind it

GOTY

Skyrim is by far the most immerse game ever made

Just realized that pc lacks almost all the good rpgs.

:lol:

There be dragons.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What idiot proposed vampire: bloodlines and didn't think about vampire: redemption? fuck is wrong with you?
this is just too stupid to be true.

As much as I love and still re-play redemption every few years or so, it is NO where near as good as Bloodlines.
I guess I'll have to play Bloodlines again to check if that's true. Although redemption made a lasting impression and bloodlines didn't else I would remember it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Clicked on that IGN link. Expected massive retardation. Was disappointed. Many sensible posts and a couple of retarded Skyrim posts. I want my money back IGN!

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What idiot proposed vampire: bloodlines and didn't think about vampire: redemption? fuck is wrong with you?

As much as I love and still re-play redemption every few years or so, it is NO where near as good as Bloodlines.
Is this a joke? i just installed it again and it's a piece of shit. you said you played redemption once in a while again, do you also replay bloodlines? cause i have to say i don't get sucked into the game at all any more.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Best part of that IGN link is the guy bumping his own thread after two days because nobody bothered to even pity post.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Is this a joke? i just installed it again and it's a piece of shit. you said you played redemption once in a while again, do you also replay bloodlines? cause i have to say i don't get sucked into the game at all any more.

Shit. I almost cut myself on your reply there dude. That was pretty edgy.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Shit. I almost cut myself on your reply there dude. That was pretty edgy.
so do you do or do you don't?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

VTM: Redemption is bad and you should feel bad.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dunno, redemption was alright. I find the writing to be a bit juvenile. :oops:

Oh indeed. And some of it is facepalming cringe worthy. :lol:

BUT, at the time, this was the first Old World of Darkness video game, and I am a huge fan of that setting. And I still really enjoyed playing it (and still do). I don't feel it's writing, detracted too much from the game personally. The game as a whole, is enjoyable, but flawed. However cRPG mechanics wise, Troika blew them out of the water with Bloodlines.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gonna stick up for the man here and say Redemption, when it came out, had an amazing Old World atmosphere. Prague in particular felt completely magical.

You could kinda compare it to Diablo if you wanted. Sure, it was 'primitive' in many ways, and it won't win a Nobel, but it had a distinct atmosphere that takes effort and talent to create.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Saying something is a piece of shit isn't discussing anything.
you need arguments?
1. Bloodlines looks like twilight. It's full of pussiefied vampires unworthy of the name. There's even a fucking "prince" dressed in a faggy suit and acting as if vampires had to be afraid of humans instead of the other way around and as if he was ruling over a bunch of idiotic children instead of bad ass creatures of the night.
2. The vampires he rules over are fucking idiotic children instead of bad ass creatures of the night.
3. Redemption starts with a classical romantic/tragic love between a crusader and a nun. The pursuit of that love is much more suitable to a superior being than faggy politics. bloodlines throws you into the game and says hello, fuck you for playing, here's a bunch of quests.
4. redemption was an RPG not an aRPG. it had pausable combat. it had a party. and it wasn't full of fucking cut sceenes.
5. in redemption i cared even for the other party members, they had personalities. in bloodlines i can't even get myself to care for the protagonist. he has neither personality nor any background. he has no motivation and there is no reason to play that shit.

Why not add blood rayne to the fucking list and some fucking console "rpgs" and acknowledge the fact that you don't want a list that captures old school rpgs with style and atmosphere but instead a list that scales to every idiot who walks in here even if he's an action consoletard?

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
However cRPG mechanics wise, Troika blew them out of the water with Bloodlines.
Not really. Redemption did a much better job with disciplines.

How exactly?
Closer to source material and much more diverse.
Bloodlines only had buffs (most of them pretty unimaginative), debuffs and damage dealers. Redemption had all that plus summons, shapeshifting and utility stuff.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
you need arguments?
1. Bloodlines looks like twilight. It's full of pussiefied vampires unworthy of the name. There's even a fucking "prince" dressed in a faggy suit and acting as if vampires had to be afraid of humans instead of the other way around and as if he was ruling over a bunch of idiotic children instead of bad ass creatures of the night.
2. The vampires he rules over are fucking idiotic children instead of bad ass creatures of the night.
3. Redemption starts with a classical romantic/tragic love between a crusader and a nun. The pursuit of that love is much more suitable to a superior being than faggy politics. bloodlines throws you into the game and says hello, fuck you for playing, here's a bunch of quests.
4. redemption was an RPG not an aRPG. it had pausable combat. it had a party. and it wasn't full of fucking cut sceenes.
5. in redemption i cared even for the other party members, they had personalities. in bloodlines i can't even get myself to care for the protagonist. he has neither personality nor any background. he has no motivation and there is no reason to play that shit.

Why not add blood rayne to the fucking list and some fucking console "rpgs" and acknowledge the fact that you don't want a list that captures old school rpgs with style and atmosphere but instead a list that scales to every idiot who walks in here even if he's an action consoletard?
I thought you couldn't remember Bloodlines

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bloodlines has more entertaining tits than Redemption.
photo-1273482.gif

Reapa

Doom Preacher
you need arguments?

I thought you couldn't remember Bloodlines
i installed it and played it again just for Jaesun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom