Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex Top 70 PC RPGs (Now with User Reviews!)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's not always paywalled, sometimes you can access it for free. Depends on the day.

Last edited:

slackerwizrd

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Btw, people should bear in mind that according to my last count (back in the day when I had a higher tolerance for tedious tasks) there were around 170 or so cRPG's (minus MMO) released altogether, so getting into the top 70 ain't exactly as prestigious as it sounds. The number is a guesstimate now, since I stopped maintaining the list ages ago, but it shouldn't be too far off.

:2/5:, would only rage on a bad day.

I'm sure crpgaddict would be relieved that he can remove the majority of the games on his playlist.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
why does the Codex keep releasing these fucking lists that always have the same games on them? yes. we know. Baldur's Gate was great. Torment is a powerful character experience in a beautifully-realized world. Fallout brought its setting to life with its brilliant score and memorable dialogue. these things are very true. but there is not a single person on this site who doesn't know it. I'd be much more interested in reading lists that were "Top 10 RPGs we've never mentioned in a list before."
Agree with this 100%. Lists mean nothing.

OR we could start an RPG Codex annual character battle and see how that pans out.

Delterius

Arcane
Joke's on them. If they wanted us to suffer they'd cause Moira Brown to win.

Well, I might be convinced to copy-paste

You're fooling nobody Sir

The Melnorme (pronounced /'mɛlnɔːmeɪ/?)1, as far as we know, are a race of traveling traders in information and technology. They appear as several orange globs piled on top of each other, with a large smile and a single eye.

The Melnorme's basic culture revolves around exchanges of items, information, and commodities. They believe that giving without receiving is barbaric. While their culture abandoned currency long ago, the Melnorme economy is based entirely on the exchange of items of "intrinsic value", quantified via the Brofist Spectrum. The Melnorme are particularly interested in obtaining new information about potential newsposts and the strange Kickstarted Worlds, without specifying how they use the data, though it is probably safe to assume that they simply sell use it to acquire more fisting. They claim that they have "a thousand secret sources in space and time" and that their charge for revealing even one of them would indebt the whole Human species for centuries. Because they obviously set the prices as such, the bastards.

Last edited:

Monty

Arcane
The ADOM team were so excited to be #61... they posted the Codex d20 troll to celebrate.

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/05/adom-scores-rank-61-on-rpg-codex-top-70.html

A small distraction while waiting to be green lighted on Steam: ADOM scores rank 61 on the RPG Codex Top 70 PC RPG list. Note that bad considering that ADOM was ranked higher than

• System Shock
  • Wizardry & Wizardry IV and
  • Champions of Krynn (which I liked in its time).
Next time we want to rank higher ;-)

Zeriel

Arcane
Is there anything more meta than Roguey quoting random SJW people in a forum they don't post in so that he can talk to himself?

ldvkuns.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm very late to the party but from the enjoyment I had reading all the descriptions to the surprising reactions to and exposure the list is getting out there I am genuinely proud to be a Codexer.

Congratulations, fellow prestigious nerds and nerdettes/nannies. This is our Finest Hour.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
crispy should use meiosis to get a life. (did you mean mitosis? oh wait, not identical, i get u)

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What idiot proposed vampire: bloodlines and didn't think about vampire: redemption? fuck is wrong with you?
this is just too stupid to be true.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What idiot proposed vampire: bloodlines and didn't think about vampire: redemption? fuck is wrong with you?
this is just too stupid to be true.

As much as I love and still re-play redemption every few years or so, it is NO where near as good as Bloodlines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom