Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Top 50 cRPG's 2013 Edition (poll results)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh, how the great have fallen... R.I.P. 1999 IGN. :salute:

BTW, that brings something to mind... I could't find any antedeluvian "RPG Codex Top 10 RPGs", but I did find some very interesting things:

RPG Codex picks for 2002
2003: The Year in Review
2005: The Year in Review- This one is so sad, bitter and hatefull, what a truly shitty year.

Who on filthy planet is still under the delusional belief that Final Fantasy VII is one of the best rpgs?
The RPG Codex, polls indicate. :smug:

laclongquan

Arcane
This result is actually pretty surprising and indicate a great change in Codex common perception. I think some homegrown local game reviewers should do a write-up on this. Preferably with spittle, mad ranting, wandering ramble and stuffs.

Summoning : grotsnik

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Since there was no way to order the RPGs in you list, a lot of average RPGs that a lot of people have played have received very high positions on the list.

Ideally, you should also list all the RPGs you have played, and the poll should register the order of the games.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Nobody should be allowed to vote until they have played all CRPGs. Only then can they make an informed decision.

laclongquan

Arcane
Heh. That sounds like nobody should vote until they experience both being rich and poor. That way voter know which way the winds should blow.

In reality that just mean voting power remain in the hands of oldfags.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

...and?

They end like this:
rotguill.jpg

Modron

Arcane
You know why I hate these polls? I have played 90% of the games and never discover any new games I've never heard of. Such a shame that the king of computer genres has the most shallow pool of entries.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, Saint didn't list it. Mistress and Rex Exitium's opinions don't really count:

Rex: "If there was one word for which to describe Morrowind best, that word would have to be 'alive'. Morrowind is a game that comes close to fulfilling my vision of a simulation of a real political world, filled with real geopolitics, real rivalries and real outcomes to decisions made by the player. That very aspect of being 'alive' would also cover the atmosphere in the game's well designed environments, its inhabitants and the plethora of events that come to shape the game's evolving world. As with all things fair, I must say that Morrowind is by no means perfect, but it does an outstanding effort at making the attempt."

Translation: Morrowind was my first RPG.

Mistress: "Probably a more obvious choice than my first two, Morrowind is a game that, for me, both promised and delivered. It is by no means perfect, but it is definitely impressive. In sharp contrast to my other choices, Morrowind comes complete with stunning graphics, but past that is an immersive world, full of things to do. So full in fact, that I am still playing, as no doubt are many others. The combat could be better, the dialogue system could be greatly improved, and I could certainly use a more powerful PC to go with it, but I still often lose an afternoon or two wandering around this vast game. "

Translation: the gameplay sucked, but omg the graphics...

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
More like: the gameplay sucked, but omg the ATMOSPHERE! :bounce:

The gameplay sucked in Arcanum, too, but that's another one of the Codex's (and my) most beloved RPGs.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looking back in that RPGCodex Best RPGs of 2002 link, I found out about Prince of Qin for the first time, and am encouraged to give Prelude to Darkness, so this thread continues to deliver for me. Now to find a copy of the former...

laclongquan

Arcane

...and?
Experience does not necessary mean wisdom.

Hell, wisdom does not necessary mean progress.

Sometimes we have to risk unknowing, unwisdom and unexperience, to take a chance on the new.

Translation: Oldfags tend to vote following ruts. Ruts does not always mean success or stability.

Modron

Arcane
Looking back in that RPGCodex Best RPGs of 2002 link, I found out about Prince of Qin for the first time, and am encouraged to give Prelude to Darkness, so this thread continues to deliver for me. Now to find a copy of the former...

Got the box on my shelf, to bad its kind of sequel was shittier.

Modron

Arcane
I'm assuming "shallow pool of entries" mean any games that doesn't focus on combat?

I just meant in relation to the size of other genres; however, even nowadays many of those have become stagnant as well. Granted there are a ton of installments in the genre there was never enough to grant that many gems.

BobtheTree

Savant
On consideration to make is that this list was made with unweighted votes. I imagine a weighted list would look a lot different. One of the issues is that a lot of the titles that didn't make it or aren't as high as some think they should be is that those titles aren't easily accessible. A lot of the games that made it you can get on multiple digital distribution sites. And since the list was made by listing titles and wasn't weighted, it make sense that the most accessible titles had a much higher chance of higher placement on the list because more people would have played them and there would be a higher chance of more votes.

Iselor

Educated
I missed the vote: (I did not vote: (FUCK!!!!: ( When next?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom