Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Undertale

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

:M

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I think that if Undertale was a completely unknown game and someone popped in here and said "hey guys I made this check it out", at least 50% of the people that now say "meh, it's hipster shit" would then say "woah this is actually pretty cool!"

You know, tabula rasa and other philosophical stuff. Just sayin'.
Poor man's Biohazard Gaiden clone with cringeworthy conversations happening every 3 steps, tasteless music and graphics that remind me of game boy color games upscaled using some shitty filter. No need to spout pseudo-philosophical stuff to confirm that the game is yet another piece of hipster shit.

And yes, I bothered to play the demo.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I'm seriously tempted to change my nick but I've been using it since 1999 so fuck you guys.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think that if Undertale was a completely unknown game and someone popped in here and said "hey guys I made this check it out", at least 50% of the people that now say "meh, it's hipster shit" would then say "woah this is actually pretty cool!"

No we would not lol. Shit is shit.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
tasteless music
537.gif

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

I see you took INT as a dump stat. That's a bad build. You should reroll.

In reality , 50% of the people who think its cool now, would say it's shit if they had to form their own opinion on its actual merits. I do not play bullet hell games. I play RPGs. That was an extremely fuck-tarded comment from you.

When a newfag tries to bash people by pointing at their join date.... :M

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Maybe those 10 people who voted 5 for Undertail on the official GOTY RPGCodex 2015 and were later outed by DU really like bullet hell games. Or maybe they like the hype about this game.

One of these two options explain why this is on the front page.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Actually I went into Undertale being very sceptical about it and found it OK. Combat was pretty fun (but nothing special), the twist on the mechanics was nice (but not mindblowing) and the characters were pretty funny. Sill I don't know how it spawned such an autistic fanbase.

Revenant

It spawned a Hegelian fanbase.
One thing this game does extraordinarily well compared to practically every other game out there in the last several years, is how thoroughly it drives home the fact that every encounter you have in the game is with a person. A character with a clear personality, and one that it conveyed not just through dialogue or creature design but in the way they fight as well. In any other game, a monster would be just another XP balloon to beat up until you level up, but in Undertale the monsters are people. If you kill them, the game reacts to it, because when you kill a person it's a loss to the world. What Undertale does remarkably well is making you feel bad about what you've done, which is great because it gives being good a real depth. Killing people for the sake of power is horrifying, and the way that Undertale is able to convey that fact through its gameplay makes it more true to life than any graphically realistic AAA title could ever hope to be.
Just look how pathetic the fans of this game are. They like HUMANITY and HUMANENESS. UT is a game for people who like manifestations and not forms: the fans appreciate freakish, unnatural creatures as opposed to traditional fantasy tropes like a masculine hero or a wise wizard. That's why this game is Satanic and you should stay clear of it if you have the chance

Revenant

Everybody wants to know
Where you get off
Thinking that you're bad because
You praise the dogs
Satan's evil you had
Better stay away
Or else with your stupid soul
You will have to pay

You wear your crosses upside-down
It shows that you're a fool
You don't realize
What he's got in store for you

The flames of hell
Burn eternally
They never die
You must think it will be fun
To forever fry

You scorn the good book laugh at me
Say I am an ass
But I'll have the final chuckle
When judgement's passed
I may not rise right away
I am not that pure
But I know I won't follow you
And that is for sure

Prayer for the masses
Pray for their asses

vdweller

Arcane
Developer

I see you took INT as a dump stat. That's a bad build. You should reroll.

In reality , 50% of the people who think its cool now, would say it's shit if they had to form their own opinion on its actual merits. I do not play bullet hell games. I play RPGs. That was an extremely fuck-tarded comment from you.

Well I have no spare points to allocate because I put them all in the Don't Take Shit From Random Nobodys skill. :edgy:

It was just a thought about how something that becomes uber famous will instantly incur negativity from some people. A coin has two sides, but it's a difficult thing to see if one's head is constantly inspecting their colon.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It spawned a Hegelian fanbase.
One thing this game does extraordinarily well compared to practically every other game out there in the last several years, is how thoroughly it drives home the fact that every encounter you have in the game is with a person. A character with a clear personality, and one that it conveyed not just through dialogue or creature design but in the way they fight as well. In any other game, a monster would be just another XP balloon to beat up until you level up, but in Undertale the monsters are people. If you kill them, the game reacts to it, because when you kill a person it's a loss to the world. What Undertale does remarkably well is making you feel bad about what you've done, which is great because it gives being good a real depth. Killing people for the sake of power is horrifying, and the way that Undertale is able to convey that fact through its gameplay makes it more true to life than any graphically realistic AAA title could ever hope to be.
Just look how pathetic the fans of this game are. They like HUMANITY and HUMANENESS. UT is a game for people who like manifestations and not forms: the fans appreciate freakish, unnatural creatures as opposed to traditional fantasy tropes like a masculine hero or a wise wizard. That's why this game is Satanic and you should stay clear of it if you have the chance

It is the perfect game for degenerates, which is of course what weeboos are, hence their slavish affinity and praise for the title.

Murk

Arcane
not playing the game is a perfectly legitimate and even recommended choice, but i'd still suggest checking out some of the songs on youtube or something cuz they're p neat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom