Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: ELEX!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I find this review to excuse too much about the game. The vast majority of the content in the open world is fucking terrible, the dialogue, the quest design, the main quest.

Trashos

Arcane
I find this review to excuse too much about the game. The vast majority of the content in the open world is fucking terrible, the dialogue, the quest design, the main quest.

The author seems to be in agreement with you about the main quest.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Serious question here. Why doesn't the Codex start up a Youtube channel to drown out shite like IGN?

The whole scene is in dire fucking need of a kick up the shitbox, and who better to drive that hate-fueled rebellion than the twisted beings of the Codex?

The mainstream needs raping hard like a slag with no morals, so she comes to destest what pleasured her before so much that her new found truth is filled only with purity and quality such as Elex.

Burn the fuckers to the ground with extreme prejudice.

Do you really want to see any of the hideous degenerates that populate the Codex on YouTube? Every video would feature some neckbearded Chernobyl refugee with skin tags droning on through a review about some half-baked, shitty Eurotrash game in some horribly broken English, with breaks to comment on immigration and transgenders. It would be a horror show.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Very err moderate review. Roxor made fun of people bashing the game and playing it 3 times, yet ended up bashing it a lot for the most of the review, ending with "but it's fun".

Like the clouds, like the wind like the game, like the review
Just ELEX things

I feel like lots of it is just paraphrasing what was said many times however, and review could use a bit more of that in depth look.

Say, 3-6 more pages.

Please don't make it so short next time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I feel like lots of it is just paraphrasing what was said many times however, and review could use a bit more of that in depth look.

Say, 3-6 more pages.

Please don't make it so short next time.

if ELEX 2 has a bigger world, then there will also be more pages

Lexxx20

Learned
Elex potions do actually raise your cold value.

I know and that's my point. They raise cold, but cold doesn't have any real gameplay impact.
Wait, what? On what chapter are you on? Starting on Chapther 3 (or is it 4) some main story desicions are locked for too Cold or too emotional characters. Like, my elex-devouring monster could not get along with Separatists and their hostility was inevitable :/ Later on there were a couple more forced replies which I could not avoid because of too high cold. Basically high cold makes you side with the Hybrid leaving no option to declare full war to him.

In other words Cold impacts your main story options and available endings.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
meh.png
Meh

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Seriously how the fuck can you still use 5:4 in current year, I used a 4:3 CRT until 2012 but that's awful dude. Get some used monitor from some used shit site.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Shit. I rushed to Ignadon because I thought becoming a Cleric wielding the Force for the glory of God was extremely compelling. I then dropped it after the game felt broken and incomplete. Did I play it wrong?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Will they sell cheaper computers or PlayStations then?
Your PC should be able to run it, it's requirements are really low. I'd wait until you get a better PC because the PS4 port is weak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom