Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Darth Roxor on Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
There's a lesson here, Roxor. If you ever write another review keep in mind it doesn't matter whether you make good points or not but whether you tone police yourself every sentence. Otherwise your readers may get triggered.
It's not about people "getting triggered" :roll:, it's about the simple fact that people tend to dismiss sometimes even good points if they're cloaked in obvious hyperbole. People have a bunch of rules of thumb that operate on a psychological level that lead them to make very quick and rough judgement calls. So when you confront readers with hyperbolic nonsense, then they will immediately place your article in the bullshit category, no matter how many good points you make along the way. That's something you should keep in mind when writing a review, at least if you want to be taken seriously.

People in general also dismiss arguments said in a nice and forthcoming way, when they already have formed an opinion, the whole tone-dismissal thing is just self-vindication to play deaf-blind monkey

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
People in general also dismiss arguments went said in a nice and forthcoming way, when they already have formed an opinion
True, but what I wrote still applies to people who have not already formed an opinion.

hiver

No, who is it about then?

Imaginary people?

There's a lesson here, Roxor. If you ever write another review keep in mind it doesn't matter whether you make good points or not but whether you tone police yourself every sentence. Otherwise your readers may get triggered.
It's not about people "getting triggered" :roll:, it's about the simple fact that people tend to dismiss sometimes even good points if they're cloaked in obvious hyperbole. People have a bunch of rules of thumb that operate on a psychological level that lead them to make very quick and rough judgement calls. So when you confront readers with hyperbolic nonsense, then they will immediately place your article in the bullshit category, no matter how many good points you make along the way. That's something you should keep in mind when writing a review, at least if you want to be taken seriously.

The review should scale to your level ?

Everything should be scaled to a level of some stupid retard who MIGHT or will take things in the wrong way.

Thats the first and foremost command in game design and any kind of criticism.

The primary command:

Dont upset the retards!

lets all be in fear of retarded stupid shits!
And lets do everything we do to appease them!

Kiste

Augur
Everything should be scaled to a level of some stupid retard who MIGHT or will take things in the wrong way.

The primary command:

Dont upset the retards!

Right. Everyone who thinks that this review is hyperbolic bullshit is a "stupid retard" and a "retarded stupid shit" who took "things in the wrong way" instead of someone who simply might have a different opinion about the quality of this shitview than you do.

I bow to your superior reasoning, I don't think you earned that dumfuck tag.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I have to ask, why did the codex feature such a praising apologetic review of Wasteland 2, which was arguably a mediocre product,

Tell me some here aren't bet on sucking that fucking greaseball's snake oil salesman dick.
Blame VD, the same guy that was to give 11/10 to PoE instead of Roxor.
Except I wasn't but who cares, right? The drama demands it!

hiver

The primary command:

Dont upset the retards!

Right. Everyone who thinks that this review is hyperbolic bullshit is a "stupid retard" and a "retarded stupid shit" who took "things in the wrong way" instead of someone who simply might have a different opinion about the quality of this shitview than you do.

I bow to your superior reasoning, I don't think you earned that dumfuck tag.

The tag is a dumbfuck detector really.
And a proof oh how fucking low and pathetic those that put it there are.

Works perfectly. 100% efficiency.
Everyone who thinks that this review is hyperbolic bullshit is a "stupid retard"
If you think the whole review is hyperbolic bullshit just because you didnt like its "tone" or few ordinary hyperbolas, then you are indeed a stupid retard.

literally a a "retarded stupid shit" who took "things in the wrong way".

instead of someone who simply might have a different opinion about the quality of this shitview than you do.
opinions being different is not the issue here at all. Nice false dichotomy dumbass.

Your opinion is stupid and retarded for reasons noted above.

Because most of the review is actually correct and fact based - and you claim it is shit because you didnt like its tone or a few hyperbolas.

Kiste

Augur
If you think the whole review is hyperbolic bullshit just because you didnt like its "tone" or few ordinary hyperbolas, then you are indeed a stupid retard.
No, I think the review is hyperbolic bullshit because it contains lots of hyperbole.

a few hyperbolas.
It is quite hilarious when the guy who doesn't know the difference between hyperbole and hyperbola is calling other people "retards" and "stupid shits".

hiver

No, its hilarious when someone loses an argument but then latches on a spelling mistake to try and pretend he isnt a stupid retard.

it contains a lot of hyperbole.
Your brain contains a lot of hypershit. :lol:

In other words, stupid declaratory statements like that only prove how retarded you are.

Kiste

Augur
We were having an argument? I don't think you can have an argument with someone who does little more than call you a retard. Yes, you have "won" the "argument" by repeatedly calling me retarded, like some spastic clown. Good for you. Here, have a cookie. Also, your desperate white-knighting makes me wonder how far you have Roxor cock jammed up your ass.

hiver

someone appreciates my art!

yes!

We were having an argument? I don't think you can have an argument with someone who does little more than call you a retard. Yes, you have "won" the "argument" by repeatedly calling me retarded, like some spastic clown. Good for you. Here, have a cookie. Also, your desperate white-knighting makes me wonder how far you have Roxor cock jammed up your ass.
:lolcopter:

we dont need any more proof how retarded cheap and lowly you are.

but thanks for taking the extra effort.

literally a a "retarded stupid shit" who took "things in the wrong way".

Kiste

Augur
Your repeated restatement of the same point (that I am retarded) makes your "winning" of the "argument" even more humbling.
I consider myself duly pwned.
:negative:

Hyperbola, hyperbola, hyperbola.

hiver

When you claim the same stupid shit that you do thats the only conclusion.

truth be told i wasnt even referencing you specifically at first but you

8IADA5P.jpg

saudações do Brasil

DeepOcean

Arcane
I have to ask, why did the codex feature such a praising apologetic review of Wasteland 2, which was arguably a mediocre product,

Tell me some here aren't bet on sucking that fucking greaseball's snake oil salesman dick.
Blame VD, the same guy that was to give 11/10 to PoE instead of Roxor.
Except I wasn't but who cares, right? The drama demands it!
VD, love your game but the butthurt of buying Wasteland 2 because of your review will never pass. Never!

Kiste

Augur
When you claim the same stupid shit that you do thats the only conclusion.

truth be told i wasnt even referencing you specifically at first but you

8IADA5P.jpg

saudações do Brasil
Oh, you're posting images now. You're really taking the ownage to the next level. :D

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
For those who complain that combat is too fast, just use the slow mode.

Also, I'd recommend fast mode outside of combat to walk faster across maps you have already explored. The game remembers that combat has slow mode and that outside of combat it is fast mode.

It seems that some people got so hyped up for POE for a long time (Sensuki) that their expectations were way beyond reasonable. It's similar to Blaine spending a thousand bucks on Wasteland 2 and then hating it. Both games are far from perfect, but still very good and way better than 99.9% of other games that came out in the last 10 years.

Yeah, that's exactly the feeling I get. Except for Roxor who was on a crusade against the game even before it launched.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
PoE is so fat it has to put on a belt with a boomerang.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom