Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review RPG Codex Review: Battle Brothers

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, May 12, 2017.

1. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Well the cult (classic) and controversy parts are coming along nicely? Give him a bit more than half a century to make it a fair comparison at least, Rome wasn't built in a day :D

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    ^ Top  
  2. Celeritygender: ⚧ Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit. Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

Celerity
    Parrots:
    No, I wasn't talking about him. I was talking about someone who criticized the game mechanics for the same list of failings and got ignored.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    You sure fit in here great, welcome aboard for real hahaha

^ Top  
  4. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    Although I gotta say I don't quite get what's supposed to be so wrong with the writing... Apart from the "rustic" maille or armor or whatever :D

^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    "I'm hard to kale"

That and the fact that sser considers flogging to be an effective way to cure alcoholism.

Srsly tho, the writing is above average and, by AAA standards a fucking classic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  6. Doctor Sbaitsogender: ⚧ SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands
    Writing quality aside (I liked it), have to hand it to the team for ignoring all the SJW horseshit.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Monolithgender: ⚧ Cipher Patron

Monolith
    Parrots:
    Thanks for the review @Darth Roxor As weird as it sounds, made me buy it. And I'm glad I did, although my screen got almost punched through because of it a couple of times.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    another satisfied customer

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Sarissofoigender: ⚧ Learned

Sarissofoi
    Parrots:
    I would say because its mostly common sense. SJW do not buy games and especially they do not buy this sort of games. Appealing to noisy minority that make noise but do not buy your product when offending silent majority is not a smart move. And it would also consume time and resources they do not have to spend.

The writing is mostly unnecessary bloat that do not really affect game in any way. And the way how say undead crisis was handled call for punishment from the gods.
    It would do better with talking heads and more dialogs like kind of TO/FFT. Wall of text could be saved for in-game codex and in-game lore books.

Hm. I remember two cases that could be the one.
    First with Lampros going ballistic about Perfect Focus nerf and other balance stuff. He was using math and tested stuff to death to prove his points. Well he was right but as a end result devs cut off Perfect Focus from the game and all we get was a shitty Adrenaline. No fun allowed.
    Second one was about battle AI that could be easily exploited in specific situations that become more visible(and often) on higher difficulty levels. This one was hilarious as there was me and other guy(or two) who was providing examples and stuff and there were mods or music guy who was "but AI is alright", and we was like "look, do this and check it yourself, and tell us if its alright" and he was like "but its mostly OK". What was funny that all changes to AI was done silently and there were no comments from any devs, where just simply "yes, we know, current AI is just placeholder and we gonna fix it before launch". They eventually did and well the battle AI is pretty good(even if still do some weird moves sometimes, ha even annoying often but that lack of communication really made me worried about game that time.
    Turns out they break other stuff but hey its another story.

I do not remember any censoring thought. Can be wrong.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)