Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Geezus. Imagine they're going to be in the red for quite some time. Would be demoralising to see that money trickle down over the next few weeks and months. Can see a special coming soon.

Black

Arcane
At least they spent their money on important stuff, like hiring Minsc VA for the gamergate line.
And then removing it.

Fairfax

Arcane
Yeah but does whoever owns D&D take their share as well?
Yes, significant royalties, I'd bet.

Geezus. Imagine they're going to be in the red for quite some time. Would be demoralising to see that money trickle down over the next few weeks and months. Can see a special coming soon.
Maybe. BG1EE and BG2EE sold well, which is what gave the enough money for SoD and IWDEE. IWDEE sold poorly, though. 81,954 on Steamspy after a year and half and several deep discounts.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Icewind Dale: EE hasn't had very deep discounts on Steam. I know, because if it had then I would have owned it.

Fairfax

Arcane
Icewind Dale: EE hasn't had very deep discounts. I know, because if it had then I would have owned it.
-60% is a pretty big discount.
IWDEE sold poorly, though. 81,954 on Steamspy after a year and half and several deep discounts.

Curious, as IWD:EE was the most polished of the bunch. Probably the brand did not carry the sales.
Well, I don't think anybody ever loved IWD, and it's not considered a classic like BG. The casuals who "miss the IE games" actually mean just BG1, BG2 and PS:T's reputation (they never played it).

pippin

The casuals who "miss the IE games" actually mean just BG1, BG2 and PS:T's reputation (they never played it).

I'm quite sure they only mean BG1+2 when they talk about IE, and even then, only 2. IE is a Bioware brand after all. Torment is like one of those games only greasy nerds who hate women like to play.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, I don't think anybody ever loved IWD, and it's not considered a classic like BG. The casuals who "miss the IE games" actually mean just BG1, BG2 and PS:T's reputation (they never played it).

It's tied with System Shock 2 at place 22 on our top RPGs of all time list. It's a more beloved RPG on the Codex than Gothic or any of the Might and Magics.

Archibald

Arcane

It's tied with System Shock 2 at place 22 on our top RPGs of all time list. It's a more beloved RPG on the Codex than Gothic or any of the Might and Magics.

Names of these retards should be made public.

Black

Arcane
Infinity Engine audience is over, now it's all about Fallout and Arcanum EE.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
How about a Fallout 1/2 interquel about the founding of Arroyo? It could be an RPG/building sim hybrid, a bit like FO4's settlement mode.

DeepOcean

Arcane
How about a Fallout 1/2 interquel about the founding of Arroyo? It could be an RPG/building sim hybrid, a bit like FO4's settlement mode.
Don't forget the post apocalyptic tranny mutants, if a scorpion can grow because of radiation, other things could grow too.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
RTwP titles just can't compete with proper Turn Based
Can this retarded meme please die already?

I guaran-fucking-tee you that an RPG about mutated squirrels locked in RTwP combat would sell 1 million units if execution was good enough.

You could take literally any idea or concept, and make it into a lucrative franchise if the game's systems and execution were made and polished well enough.

Fairfax

Arcane
That's unfortunate, but there are worst offenses in it. Also, I was talking about the CRPG crowd in general, not just the Codex.

Delterius

Arcane
Considering the amount of people who responded to our review DA:I with 'He's right about combat but I'm in for the characters and story', I'd say this is a bad comparison. But mostly because I was joking. Laugh you soulless bastards.

Last edited:

Septaryeth

Augur
Even rpg codex has post-ending Easter eggs for their reviews now...

So who's going to form the Reviewer initiative?:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom