Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review RPG Codex Retrospective Review: Pillars of Eternity Revisited

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jul 4, 2017.

1. luj1 Learned

luj1
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Albeit highly amusing, this article piece of PR is somewhat disappointing.

Infinitron must have skipped classes often at the Cucksidian shill college. Educated shills are more elegant... insert a piece here and there... conveniently. You're supposed to insinuate, indicate & imply... use the indirect approach. Not write straightforward fellatios such as, OH MUH GERD Sawyer is the best designer in the industry, or Nothing can question PoE's eternal "success" . :lol::lol::lol: God.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • butthurt butthurt x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Janise Educated

Janise
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

Blackguards 2 has better combat than Piece of Shit White Cum, and thats saying a bunch...

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Secret post from staff forums:

[​IMG]

• Funny x 19
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 9
    • Brofist x 5
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Parrots:
    Just take a look at your own and your friend's Goral the Shill's failures, you really shouldn't be giving out advice to anyone.

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. luj1 Learned

luj1
    Parrots:

That sounds jewish as fuck ...

Secret post from staff forums shill central: "Hey Shamuel, did you read the instructions? I want to act soon. They are rekting us , better hurry with the propaganda pamphlets " :lol::lol:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 12
    • Edgy Edgy x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. torpid Savant

torpid
    Parrots:
    Dunno why people assume Infinitron's editorializing is an attempt at covert propaganda and not just overt trolling of the Codex, or at least of the Codexers who dislike PoE. Not that he couldn't also be looking to curry favor with the devs (for the almighty ACCESS!), but there's nothing very subtle going on here.

"After having established itself as a venerated classic of the role-playing-game genre, Pillars of Eternity deserves a worthy retrospective, unlike the contemporary shallow and superficial negative reviews of the original release. Designed by the most brilliant and balanced mind of this generation, Pillars of Eternity can now be recognized as the best game of the role-playing-game genre. This determination is made with the utmost finality, and the decision is without appeal. And so we deliver the best review, written by our best reviewer, of the bestest of games."

That's like genetically engineered to trigger those who aren't fans of the game

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mynon Learned Shitposter

Mynon
    Parrots:
    Just keep up the good work. It is articles like yours that ultimately decide the industry's perception of this place, much more so than whatever is the current consensus among the most edgy and vocal posters.
    It is easy to hate on stuff when you're anonymous poster who doesn't need to care about the site's reputation and its relationship with devs and publishers.

• WTF am I reading x 3
    • retadred x 3
    • Shit x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • decline x 2
    • :M x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    It's disgusting shilling, that's what it is, I don't care about his motives. It's obvious he wanted to trigger some people and generate more clicks, so? I'm using this news to promote Drog's work, the more exposure it gets the better.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • butthurt butthurt x 6
    ^ Top  
  9. Mynon Learned Shitposter

Mynon
    Parrots:
    I rate this post "butthurt"...

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Janise Educated

Janise
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    "No no, I assure you, everything in this table was implemented with the utmost care to abstract reality and make for good gameplay." Riiiiiight.

OMG lel! :lol: What a moron, as if you could fucking see from that table what the expected damage for a point of ability score is.
    Fuck, I gotta dig out the graph for dmg as a function of delta acc in pillars of shit
    I think its completely linear from -50 to 0 delta, with something like 0.75 dmg per 1 acc
    Then jumps to 1.25 dmg/acc for 0-15 delta, then 0.75 and 0.5 for high values.

• Funny x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. tripedal Learned

tripedal
    Parrots:
    "Exposition" should be "exposure"

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. TheSentinel Arbiter

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    what the fuck

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Mynon Learned Shitposter

Mynon
    Parrots:
    This is to be Codex's motto from now on. Extra points from it being a Nietzsche quote, so you'll always get some point from reactionaries for that.

• Shit Shit x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. torpid Savant

torpid
    Parrots:
    Quotes pls. I thought your JSawyer .txt files were always open

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. TheSentinel Arbiter

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    Did someone ever review DivOS's Enhanced Edition?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Xisiqomelir Educated

Xisiqomelir
    Parrots:
    Somehow, I am still hesitant to bother torrenting this Sawyerian masterwork again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Parrots:
    This shit gets a frontpage review and not the incoming Fallout: Nevada mod? Or the Resurrection one? Or Divinity? Or hell, even Xcom's Piratez! mod, which deserves more publicity?? Regardless of its alleged quality, this is absolute and obviously flawed priorities. Or trolling. :decline::decline:

Will you write another review again, Darth Roxor ? :troll:

• Rage x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. almondblight Arcane

almondblight
    Parrots:
    How many encounters do you need to put any thought into? Kane, Mother Deathclaw, Brotherhood rescue mission...and? You can target different parts of the body, but there's usually no point in targeting anything except the eyes once that's viable.

You think tagging first aid and gambling is as useful as tagging energy weapons ans speech? Or useful at all?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lurker King Arcane The Real Fanboy

Lurker King
    Parrots:
    You guys need to put yourselves in IEfags' shoes. In their degenerate minds, they desperately want Obsidian to succeed because they want to relive their childhood dreams. If the result is a travesty of a game, they wil find a way to portrait this as a success. They will not let pointless things such as facts get in the way of their agenda. It's wishful thinking in game design. IE games should die in a fire! I still believe that Beamdog can tarnish their reputation irrevocably. In Beamdog we trust!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Sizzle Arcane

Sizzle
    Parrots:
    I love it when you speak about agendas, Iron Tower fanboy :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • butthurt butthurt x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I am IE fag and I think this review is shit. PoE is not half the game IE games were.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    Am disappoint, the butthurt ITT is relatively low-grade. Except for luj1 of course. It's like you people are just going through the motions. Your heart isn't in it.

• Shit x 7
    • Brofist x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • decline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lord Azlan Arcane Patron Shitposter

Lord Azlan
    Parrots:
    I would like to thank Grunker for his review. It's immense.

I never liked or played the BG and IWD games, still haven't and maybe never will.

Despite owning all the originals and various updates since then - including all the enhanced versions now on GOG.

I agree that D&D rule set is very limiting and to my mind works okay for dungeon crawlers or blobbers. It's for this very reason I skipped the IE set and jumped onto Arena/ Daggerfall and Morrowind.

I quite loved PoE though. Maybe it was modern and accessible, maybe due to the changes wanted by Sawyer.

Grunker has encouraged me to buy the two expansion packs as well and I look forward to them.

Bravo!

• Shit x 6
    • Prestigious x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Galdred Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You made me purchase the expansion in the vague hope it would somewhat salvage the cost I already paid for the base game. It'd better not suck...

• Brofist x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • rolleyes x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    I don't know any RPGs where all skills are equally useful, do you? It should be obvious that some skills are more useful than others but that doesn't mean that using other skills is pointless. Playing Unarmed is cool AF for example and is essential for someone who wants to play as a brawler/melee master. Throwing isn't that bad either and first aid and doctor are very useful assuming we don't save scum (otherwise you can heal a crippled limb or other injuries even with very low skill). Same goes for lockpicking or gambling. Try to use these skills while having them at less than 100% and not using the load feature.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)