Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Retrospective Review: Pillars of Eternity Revisited

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
^ u r respoding to gaylord who runs a facebook baulder gay fan page...

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If not for Crooked Bee Infinitron wouldn't have that much influence. Someone has to approve these shit news and allow for inXile/Obsidian spam (plus high-profile Kickstarter spams for games with budgets 1 M $ and more), if you ask me that someone is the main culprit and the reason that this site is becoming another IGN/NeoGaf.

Notice that in the age of incline votes, Crooked Bee gave PoE a 5 and Tyranny a 4. The list of people who gave PoE a 4 includes Zed, Felipepepe, Jedi Exile, and Mastermind. So yeah, they are trying really hard to make this place into a Obsidian central fanboy club, and they will treat the next PoE as a classic on release. They couldn't believe their luck when people decide to use Infinitron as a scapegoat for their sins.

"Hi, my name is Infinitron!"

ext

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So I'm on a small island (4,5 square kilometers) currently and have no internet except when, like now, I stand at the southern beach on a huge boulder with my phone up in the air so I'm going to keep this brief and just say I liked my original title better but you can't win 'em all

Glad to see that as the world changes, Codex remains Codex :love:

^ u r respoding to gaylord who runs a facebook baulder gay fan page...

Haven't run that for years

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
They couldn't believe their luck when you decide to ise Infinitron as a scapegoat for their sins.
As can be seen in this thread Codexers are in general satisfied with his work (currently it's 50-50 but it's too small of a sample to say) but IMO he's been a spammer for quite some time now. What's worse however is that he doesn't post news that can't be found on any other site, like with Arcanum High Resolution Patch. There should be someone who would post news like that.

As for Crooked Bee, I know about her and as I've said here, IMO she's even worse.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-is-looking-for-news-posters.116230/

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Though it amounts to heresy around these parts, even mighty Fallout has blemishes: simplistic combat and a shallow, unbalanced character system being the worst.
Nonsense, and I'm not particularly a Fallout fanboy. Combat is fine and adapted, and at least for a couple of playthrough the character system is certainly not shallow. I don't know what you exactly mean by unbalanced character system, but for sure you can at least play as a brute, or as a diplomat, and in both cases the game is fun, and many non-combat skills are actually used here and there.

Except, perhaps, the Infinity Engine games.
Wait, what? Everything but the IE games, really?

The first Baldur's Gate, for instance, takes you on what might be the closest video games have ever gotten to recreating the immaculate excitement of the earliest D&D adventure modules.
More than Pool of Radiance? Don't make me laugh.

By the way, Darklands is a forgotten gem that any IE-fan should definitely go play.
No, Darklands is pretty good, but players don't play it for its bad rtwp combat, they play it for everything else, which don't belong in the IE games. Recommending Darklands to IE-Fans is nonsense.

So he badmouth Fallout to make IE games look good, place Darklands among IE games because it has RTwP and praises BG as a masterpiece. IEfags are fucking degenerates.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Sizzle

Arcane
So he badmouth Fallout to make IE games look good, place Darklands among IE games because it has RTwP and praises BG as a masterpiece. IEfags are fucking degenerate.

You didn't even read the article you're criticizing now?

It never ceases to amaze me how pathetic you are :lol:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
As can be seen in this thread Codexers are in general satisfied with his work (currently it's 50-50 but it's too small of a sample to say) but IMO he's been a spammer for quite some time now. What's worse however is that he doesn't post news that can't be found on any other site, like with Arcanum High Resolution Patch. There should be someone who would post news like that.

As for Crooked Bee, I know about her and as I've said here, IMO she's even worse.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-is-looking-for-news-posters.116230/

In all fairness, infinitron posts everything for the most part: the good stuff and the bad stuff. What is naive is thinking that he is not being supported when he is posting the bad stuff.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
the complete lack of most kinds of crowd control outside

You can finish a lot of encounters without letting enemy make a single move if you chain your crowd control spells. There is no lack of crowd control, in fact its abudance trivialises a lot of direct damage spells because in PoTD it's almost always better, if not necessary to debuff the enemy and lock them down, both aoe CC and longer single target CC. You can CC a single target for 20 seconds with a single spell.

torpid

Liturgist
I haven't played PoE so I can't offer an opinion on the game, but the biggest problem with this review is that before even taking on PoE Grunker forces the reader to accept his premise that most (all?) of the older games actually kind of suck except the IE games. It's all nostalgia except for the reviewer's favorite oldies--convenient! Personally, I loved the BG games back in the day but now cannot stand RTwP. So having to accept the reviewer's fiat that only the IE games hold up (and therefore, implicitly, PoE is good because it lives up to the spirit of the IE games while improving the mechanics) is a turn-off from the get-go. And it sets Grunker up for what seems like an over-the-top conclusion, that PoE is the best RPG: since the IE games are the only good RPGs, and PoE now surpasses them after multiple iterations, it can only be number one.

Last edited:

Sizzle

Arcane
You didn't even read the article you're criticizing now?

Unless these quotes are false, I'm not wrong.

How about reading the article yourself, instead of blindly believing a random poster, just because he's saying something you would like to agree with?
then it's pointless to quote any scholars instead of researching this or that on your own

CryptRat is a scholar now? :lol:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Albeit highly amusing, this article piece of PR is somewhat disappointing.

Infinitron must have skipped classes often at the Cucksidian shill college. Educated shills are more elegant... insert a piece here and there... conveniently. You're supposed to insinuate, indicate & imply... use the indirect approach. Not write straightforward fellatios such as, OH MUH GERD Sawyer is the best designer in the industry, or Nothing can question PoE's eternal "success" . :lol::lol::lol: God.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Actually playing Pillars of Eternity: The White March reminds me why I still own a PC. Nothing less.

tenor.gif

Blackguards 2 has better combat than Piece of Shit White Cum, and thats saying a bunch...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron must have skipped classes often at the Cucksidian shill college. Educated shills are more elegant... insert a piece here and there... conveniently. You're supposed to insinuate, indicate & imply... use the indirect approach. Not write straightforward fellatios such as, OH MUH GERD Sawyer is the best designer in the industry, or Nothing can question PoE's eternal "success" . :lol::lol::lol: God.

Secret post from staff forums:

eOqoEeE.png

Parabalus

Arcane

Just take a look at your own and your friend's Goral the Shill's failures, you really shouldn't be giving out advice to anyone.

torpid

Liturgist
Dunno why people assume Infinitron's editorializing is an attempt at covert propaganda and not just overt trolling of the Codex, or at least of the Codexers who dislike PoE. Not that he couldn't also be looking to curry favor with the devs (for the almighty ACCESS!), but there's nothing very subtle going on here.

"After having established itself as a venerated classic of the role-playing-game genre, Pillars of Eternity deserves a worthy retrospective, unlike the contemporary shallow and superficial negative reviews of the original release. Designed by the most brilliant and balanced mind of this generation, Pillars of Eternity can now be recognized as the best game of the role-playing-game genre. This determination is made with the utmost finality, and the decision is without appeal. And so we deliver the best review, written by our best reviewer, of the bestest of games."

That's like genetically engineered to trigger those who aren't fans of the game

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom