Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review RPG Codex Retrospective Review: Pillars of Eternity Revisited

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Iznaliugender: ⚧ Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    That is a perfect summary.

^ Top  
  2. vivecgender: ⚧ Savant

vivec
    Parrots:

Wow. After reading all the crap otherwise posted, this is the first valid post I read. Yes, PoE is practically impactless mediocre, but perfectly serviceable game. It's hardly the apocalypse. If not for the unnecessary attention given to the game here, it would already be forgotten. Literally, has nothing going on for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lacrymasgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    The game is impactful in the sense WM2 shows promise and I'm slightly hopeful for PoE2. They have no excuses anymore to not make it a good game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lhynngender: ⚧ Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Ah, the "obsidian has ran out of excuses" meme.

^ Top  
  5. Lacrymasgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Is it a meme? I wasn't aware. I'm not so naive as to be sure they aren't going to fuck it up, I'm expecting them to, but WM2 gave me the slight notion that Absurdian aren't overwhelmingly incompetent and there is a very small chance they'll be able to produce something vaguely resembling good.

• Shit Shit x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. TheSentinelgender: ⚧ Liturgist

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    Well after 15 years of "it's the publisher's fault, we had no time", to come out with 2 games that are inferior to anything they've made in the past is a bit weird to say the least...

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Rogueygender: ⚧ Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    They still ran out of time on Pillars (Feargus said he'd fire Adam and Josh if it didn't ship by March) and Tyranny was funded by Paradox.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lacrymasgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Tyranny would've been shit even without the involvement of Paradox. That game is just meaningless.

^ Top  
  9. TheSentinelgender: ⚧ Liturgist

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    PoE2 has been in development since at least Summer 2015 Summer 2016, so for PoE2 (which will most likely get delayed) that's 3 years 2 years in development. If this is the case, then indeed they have run out of excuses. And writing talent as well.
    I just re-checked and the PAX panel where they talked about the new features they were working on for PoE2 engine-wise was in 2016, not 2015.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Rogueygender: ⚧ Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Prime Juntagender: ⚧ Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    Sorry Roguey, I don't have your encyclopedic memory for all things Josh. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Iznaliugender: ⚧ Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    It's got plenty of attention outside the Codex.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)