Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: PAX East 2015, or How Chris Avellone Called the Codex Unprofessional

hiver

Alas, my Codex fame was but a fleeting moment in my life.... Warhol was right after all... :negative:
Next time i suggest this hat and gear

gRBEj9G.jpg

BZmKgpJ.jpg

And ill be you lawyer. We can go from east to west coast together. You steal a car, Ill bring the suitcase, the acid, the mescalin, the ether, dont worry about a thing.

And you know what, that would be fucking awesome.

Well storm some PoE 2 conference on acid and then later go karaoke singing with Tim Cain on ether.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
It's not a sin to trashtalk a game that is filled with obvious MMO filler.

Problem those are all the new games (almost).

there's a big difference between criticizing something from a position of first-hand knowledge and criticizing something based on what you've heard from others. one is a review. the other is a parroted meme.

If you play video games and you're not generically angry, you are probably doing it wrong.

if your anger is worth telling other people about, it needs to be specific enough to explain. you're wasting your own and your audience's time if it isn't. genera doesn't do it.

random Fear and Loathing nonsense

it's sad that this bit of nonsense is the first Hiver post I've ever thought was kinda fun. I never do check the name before I read the content.

Last edited:

34scell

Augur
Tim: I own the ToEE code, not Atari. So who knows? Of course I don’t own any of the art…

Josh: Oh come on Tim, you can make all the art yourself…

[laughter]

:x

crawlkill

stop mewling.

I just noticed your sig explaining how you think
dumbfuck.gif
is somehow a partisan description of you and it's glorious

let me add to the reasons I hang around on RPGCodex that I keep forgetting hiver exists and being reminded when I read a post of his and going "wait, that can't be real--" then having the bliss of having it all rush back to me and getting to be dismissive of him in full intellectual honesty all over again

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
The tags are there because the admin Dark Underlord and others from "codex staff" lost unnecessary arguments that they started. They think putting tags into my profile will make them winners.

Oh dear, hiver. That really is a precious and special type of pathetic. :lol:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall the day hiver learned what a strawman was.

hiver

The tags are there because the admin Dark Underlord and others from "codex staff" lost unnecessary arguments that they started. They think putting tags into my profile will make them winners.

That really is a precious and special type of pathetic. :lol:
Yes it is. Just like you are.
One of the most pointless, self defeating, empty butthurt pathetic shitposters around.

The signature rightfully presents how far that imaginary "on codex you have to defend your arguments with facts" goes. Among several other things.

And if you dont like it, i can change it back to the full version.

hiver

yeah whatever... it was as interesting as this example now.

can we move on to something ... anything else?

DramaticPopcorn

mindx2, great read, man.

Honestly didn't expect you to visit PAX this year based on your previous report. Glad you could make it though, you seem to be blending in quite well this time :D

Have you visited any popamole presentations, btw? Was there anything else that caught your attention?

I really love the laid back attitude of everyone involved, (maybe, except for Brandon who seemed to be spilling more PR water than the rest). The Legend of Elsenwald guy seemed to be really passionate too, which I admire. It's one of the few projects that I wanted to back but had no funds to. :(

As far as PoE goes, must admit, I intentionally kept myself out of the loop, but this interview made me somewhat hyped about it. Will buy it on release if can afford it.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DramaticPopcorn Glad you enjoyed it. As far as any other pop-a-mole or I wanna be a Tranny panels? No, I didn't attend any of those nor did I want to/plan to. This trip was purely focused on the :incline: and nothing else. Last year I got more than my fill of the AAA junk. Also, Alex from Aterdux Entertainment was an absolute bro! His enthusiasm for Legends of Eisenwald is very infectious. I tried to be as neutral as possible when talking to him about the game but I ended up pretty hyped by what he said and can't wait for the game. I'm no graphics-whore but it looked beautiful as well.

Brandon didn't strike me as too PR and he appeared just as relaxed and "down to earth" as the others. Anthony Davis is correct when he stated these guys are the types of guys you wouldn't mind hanging out with. Hopefully, if I ever get out to southern California or they return to the East Coast they'll let me take them out for a drink and we can talk in a more informal environment.

DramaticPopcorn

Brandon didn't strike me as too PR and he appeared just as relaxed and "down to earth" as the others..
Fair enough, I was going off the impression I got from the video of the panel.

crawlkill

TwinkieGorilla dose a bad job at ignoring hiver.

personally I keep responding to him without noticing who it is I'm responding to? like, it's legit been an accident the last two or three times.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The Arcanum source code was used to make ToEE, and Troika retained ownership of both code bases. There are some contractual obligations that prevent me from releasing it (since having ToEE source code would allow anyone to compile a ToEE executable that had no DRM, which is a violation of Troika's contract with Atari).
Isn't ToEE currently sold DRM-free?

TimCain

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
Isn't ToEE currently sold DRM-free?

Yes, it is. But that company's contract with Atari does not negate Troika's contract with Atari. They can release a DRM-free game, but we cannot release the code.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom