Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2016 - Pathologic, Shock Tactics, End State, Demons Age and more

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by JarlFrank, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    The developers of Demons Age...

To use an example of the famous morality dilemma; if I was a conductor of a train and the developers of Demon Sage were standing on the same track I was traveling, but I had the power to switch tracks to avoid them, only there was one person on the other track...

I wouldn't switch tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. I'm With Her SausageInYourFace for prison Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ..but what if that one other person was Todd Howard?

? (open)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Parrots:
    I'm happy enough about getting locational damage back, that i can overlook not factoring in arteries and blood loss.

^ Top  
  4. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Yes, in a realistic game. But unless there are shock rolls for each hit by any bullet (including hitting their body armor) and other realistic simulation aspects holding on to just one of them while calling for realism is dishonest at best.
    It is a design choice, it makes somewhat sense. The guy can still shoot you within those few minutes, the battle will not last longer and if you die it still does not matter if he bled out or not.
    And if you run away and leave the map and come back later new enemies will spawn anyways, again it does not matter if the guy bled to death or not.

EDIT: But what can be done is that if a body part suffers enough damage, you start losing abdomen health per round and must use one whole round to bandage yourself to stop that.

^ Top  
  5. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I think you've forgotten to remove the part in square brackets.

Thanks for the previews, btw. I have not heard of End State before, and it looks very promising.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I posted too early. There's more.

First, a typo:

Second, this:

"skellington" is not an actual word.

Overall, this is one of the worst-written articles on The Codex. Whoever proofread this should be ashamed. Most of the text that is not quotes from interviews I would classify as 'rambling', often with the same points repeated in subsequent paragraphs. You can do better, staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    That is not a valid point of criticism.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Parrots:
    Ok, cool. I just assumed, you meant 'skeleton' and wrote 'skellington' by accident.

^ Top  
  9. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    It was obviously on purpose, because bad jokes improve a sloppily written article! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    alphyna a qt!

this especially but everything in the pathologic interview makes me reassured that this will be the first kickstarter that i don't regret backing.

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    Parrots:
    alphyna Mentioning The Last Express as a source of inspiration merits a real brofist: :bro:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    I didn't know Pathologic was being remade. I couldn't finish the original back in the day because of the atrocious translation, but I could see it was a great game in the making.

With a good translation and better production values it could be a masterpiece.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. alphyna Ice-Pick Lodge Developer

alphyna
    Parrots:
    [laughs]
    [LAUGHS]
    [L A U G H S]
    Holy crap, I laugh a lot.

...And also know a thing or two about lame pandering, huh?

Nevertheless, the interview ended up being brilliant—thank you! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading an interview of ours.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Canus Savant

Canus
    Parrots:
    Delighted to see some activity from Ice-Pick Lodge. Any chance we'll be seeing more interviews with them, particularly about The Void? I've got questions about that game. Many, many question.

^ Top  
  15. Lucky Arcane

Lucky
    Parrots:
    I've been waiting for this.

And my questions got answered! Especially happy to see that there'll be no DLC, even if I asked whether they were planning on doing it. I prefer getting the definite instead of an patchwork GOTY edition that never knows what it wants to be.

I also agree with Nikolay that releasing it partially would be impossible without diminishing the game, so I'm pleased to see that they chose to delay the game. A major strength of Pathologic is how all three perspectives are present concurrently, which separating the game into episodes would ruin. The opening performance for one would take on a completely different meaning if only the Bachelor was playable in the initial release.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)