Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2016 - Expeditions: Viking, Tyranny, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Styx and more

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I wanna know if the player can humiliate/rape Verse. She got the perfect attitude for it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wait, we have TGS report?
nQAbYeQ.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I am quite frankly disgusted by Silence. Both "gameplay"-wise ('nuff said) and story-wise

you ask me, it's a very faithful continuation of the whispered world in this regard

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Bubbles said:
These titles seem fairly superfluous to me, but some players might find them helpful for defining their character's role in a classless system.

no shit Sherlock, it's fluff. But potentially of the good kind.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
I am quite frankly disgusted by Silence. Both "gameplay"-wise ('nuff said) and story-wise

you ask me, it's a very faithful continuation of the whispered world in this regard
It's no masterpiece, but it's a nice little post-zenith adventure game - and most certainly leagues above this shitty sequel nobody asked for.

Atomical

Logic Artists
Developer
But let's start with the most important bit of news: the devs are planing to launch a closed preview of the game in October of this year, and the Codex will get a chance to prove once again that we have the best and brightest testers and feedback-givers in the industry. The preview build will include the first "10 to 20 hours" of the game, so it should be quite a meaty experience that should allow for a lot of in-depth testing. We don't know how many keys we'll be getting or how they're going to be distributed, but that shouldn't stop you from voicing your interest in the comment section.

Important Info about the Preview and Beta:

We are indeed sending out codes for Previews of the first campaign (which should take 10 to 20 hours depending on how interested one is in the side-quests) in October. For the preview, codes are limited to staff/writers of the preview. However, we would really appreciate the aid of the greater Codex in our closed Beta, scheduled for November. We're hoping for lots of feedback and discussion and we'll be giving y'all a bunch of codes to get that going. We've still got to figure out a fair method to distribute the beta keys, which we are hoping the staff can assist with.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But let's start with the most important bit of news: the devs are planing to launch a closed preview of the game in October of this year, and the Codex will get a chance to prove once again that we have the best and brightest testers and feedback-givers in the industry. The preview build will include the first "10 to 20 hours" of the game, so it should be quite a meaty experience that should allow for a lot of in-depth testing. We don't know how many keys we'll be getting or how they're going to be distributed, but that shouldn't stop you from voicing your interest in the comment section.

We are indeed sending out codes for Previews of the first campaign (which should take 10 to 20 hours depending on how interested one is in the side-quests) in October. For the preview, codes are limited to staff/writers of the preview. However, we would really appreciate the aid of the greater Codex in our closed Beta, scheduled for November. We're hoping for lots of feedback and discussion and we'll be giving y'all a bunch of codes to get that going. We've still got to figure out a fair method to distribute the beta keys, which we are hoping the staff can assist with.
Very honestly, if I can buy into the Beta, I will.

norolim

Arcane
Expeditions sounds more exciting every time I read about it. Release it already.

God report, bros.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Expeditions sounds more exciting every time I read about it. Release it already.

God report, bros.
Nooo, let them release it when it is ready. I want my 1st experience to be the best one possible. I don't want a repeat of WL2 that I should not have played in beta state.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron

Very honestly, if I can buy into the Beta, I will.
This, willing to pre-order for beta access. Really looking forward to it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Let's hope the beta won't be forgotten in a flurry of Wasteland 3 frenzy.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Conquistador is my favourite Kickstarter game so far.

Thus, I pledge my sword to test Expeditions: Viking - should I be chosen by my peers.

Yeah, that was really good. It was certainly one of the several more distinctive crowdfunded RPGs, though I'm afraid that attribute may bleed out of the sequels.

Nonetheless, from a role playing perspective I have high expectations.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only now got the time to read the full article. Tyranny and Vikings inpressions were the ones I was most interested in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nah, it cannot fail. Its competition of Wastelands and Pillars is not even close. Even latest Shadowrun went down the drain.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Thanks, fun read.

...minimal exploration, limited character progression, no combat log, and no inventory system whatsoever; it also claims to be inspired by Baldur's Gate. On the strength of these features, the devs managed to raise £60k on Kickstarter earlier this year.

:D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom