Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2016 - Divinity: Original Sin 2

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd say it largely depends on the people being interviewed as well. Sven is really the odd man out there, 90% of game devs would't be as forthcoming. And it definitely helps that he is still genuinely excited in making games, something that a lot of the superstars have lost a long time ago.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd say it largely depends on the people being interviewed as well. Sven is really the odd man out there, 90% of game devs would't be as forthcoming. And it definitely helps that he is still genuinely excited in making games, something that a lot of the superstars have lost a long time ago.

Well, there's at least one dev who is even more forthcoming. :cool:

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

:ibelieveincleve:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Each of these selections will add a “tag” to your character, and this tag is then frequently (!) checked during character interactions.

I hope these checks won't be limited to the beginning of the game, as it was in Pillars of Eternity.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Each of these selections will add a “tag” to your character, and this tag is then frequently (!) checked during character interactions.

I hope these checks won't be limited to the beginning of the game, as it was in Pillars of Eternity.

Or many other games that were rich and polished in the early access part and later parts were lackluster compared to that. Like D:OS :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

:ibelieveincleve:
I'm pretty sure he meant Vault Dweller. Cleve is just an idiot.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Looking truly excellent, I am more than willing to overlook the art style and just accept the high fantasy they are going for. I fact the original Divine Divinity silliness looked better.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
0Bhw1ROz.jpg

:takemymoney::takemyjewgold:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Gamescom 2016; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Bubbles and JarlFrank expected to have just half an hour with Divinity: Original Sin 2. They ended up spending almost three hours with it. Here's some of what they learned:

Dear Codex,

Do us all a favor, and start reporting about all Crpg games out there.

After reading Bubbles & JarlFrank interview, I understand what's the RIGHT WAY to interview someone about his game!

Bubbles & JarlFrank - you did a hell of a job. I bow before you!

:greatjob:

Hey I didn't do much on this one, I had to go to Mount and Blade and Kingdom Come :M

Fry

Arcane
Kevin VanOrd is a game writer now?​
Yep. He left Gamespot awhile ago.

I think the point is that people should be worried about the quality of his writing, he was at gamespot.

I have no idea what specifically he's writing for D:OS 2, but he bothered to review Pillars and D:OS which is more than you can say for most (lol!) "Tier 1" reviewers. He does seem to care about CRPGs.

On the other hand he gave Dragon Age: Inquisition a 90, so... :|

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kevin VanOrd is a game writer now?​
Yep. He left Gamespot awhile ago.

I think the point is that people should be worried about the quality of his writing, he was at gamespot.

I have no idea what specifically he's writing for D:OS 2, but he bothered to review Pillars and D:OS which is more than you can say for most (lol!) "Tier 1" reviewers. He does seem to care about CRPGs.

On the other hand he gave Dragon Age: Inquisition a 90, so... :|
There are people here who has positive things to say about games like Fallout 3-4 and also DA: Inquisition. So... yeah.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Jesus Christ I'm beginning to have high expectations for a coming title.
There is medication for this kind of condition right?

sser

Arcane
Developer

You only get medicated through experience. High dosages of Spore or No Man's Sky cures most people who have come down with a bad case of Hype.

Zeriel

Arcane

Just make a list of previous games you had high expectations of, and compare and contrast with how they turned out. Works a treat, every time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom