Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2015 - The Dwarves, Daniel Vavra, inXile, Sword Coast Legends and HoMM 7

Mortmal

Arcane
Quite funny interviews, thats quality entertainement bubbles and jarl, keep on the good work.Must take ton of time to write that and the cherry on the cake was to be forced to play wastelands 2 with a controller, bubbles and jarl died for our sins....

The might and magic section is the sad part . So the management expected sales comparable to grimrock ,i hope they dont calculate the amount of expected sales for their other games the same way . It shows the extent of their ignorance to anything related to gaming , its a completely different type of game . Dungeon master clones always been a lot more popular than turn based blobbers back in the day . Why would it sell as much when this genre never was popular to start with . Its an ok game , i dont have any grudge vs it but this is nowhere close to the classics, far too simplistic dungeon design, uninspiring art style, its not that bad but nothing to be in awe . While it was not the crowning achievement of the blobber genre i think the guys at limbic deserves a second chance, the interview shows it will clearly never ever happen again at Ubisoft.
And there's still people buying blobbers and gold box games on GOG thinking it will send a message to publishers :hahano:

Shadenuat

Arcane
(prepares hueg bowl of mac n cheese)
this is going to be a good evening
(puts on romantic music)
(proceeds with the article)

eremita

Savant
Wow, wait, Spellforce 3 ?! I didn't know they're working on another one. Is it good? I know I know, you're gonna cover it in the next piece... just give me something.

I really liked the first one and had mixed feelings about the second, although it got some aspects right.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finally, Erwan pointed out that the different factions appealed to different target audiences. The Sylvan faction appealed to “female mainstream” gamers who “liked unicorns”, while the gritty Dungeon faction was aimed at the hardcore crowd.
:dead:

butchy

Prospernaut
Mother of Christ I really enjoyed looking at the picture at the end. I want more pictures of Jarl Frank and Bubbles. They are delightful to look upon. Doesn't bubbles look like a late 70's, early 80's Prince Valiant? I can't think of the movie but there is a movie with a prince, possibly Prince Valiant, with the same exact hair cut. I absolutely love pictures of Europeans. They just don't give a fuck at all even a little.

In the states there is pressure to look a certain way or present yourself like you know what decade it is and Europe just said fuck that...I do what I want. This has me wondering, did Europe start the skinny pants/Peter Pan revival?

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Mother of Christ I really enjoyed looking at the picture at the end. I want more pictures of Jarl Frank and Bubbles. They are delightful to look upon. Doesn't bubbles look like a late 70's, early 80's Prince Valiant? I can't think of the movie but there is a movie with a prince, possibly Prince Valiant, with the same exact hair cut. I absolutely love pictures of Europeans. They just don't give a fuck at all even a little.

In the states there is pressure to look a certain way or present yourself like you know what decade it is and Europe just said fuck that...I do what I want. This has me wondering, did Europe start the skinny pants/Peter Pan revival?

This deserves it's own thread in GD

butchy

Prospernaut
I don't want to make it like I was making fun of anyone, just the culture difference between the 1st world and others. I'm in my early 40s and I barely give a fuck...but I just can't take the leap to completely not giving a fuck because I am scared. I respect any culture that has. I really, really want to grow a big ass Tom Selleck mustache. I mean one that would even make Tom jealous, but I don't have the balls to. In the US if you are under 55 and not one of these retarded, degenerate youngins that just try and out weird each-other, you can't have a mustache. Well, if you are Mexican you kind of have to or you will be degraded down to a Honduran or something. But for normal non-Mexicans under 55 it is just not something you can get away with.

Also, I am really, really sick and tired of pants. They do nothing. Its just a waste of time. I would wear boxers but I need the extra ball support so wear boxer-briefs. I don't see why this isn't enough. Pants are just dumb. Throughout most of history, and probably in most countries even today, most men didn't have to wear pants. Whoever invented pants should be shot on the face. I wish I had the intestinal fortitude needed to show up at work without pants. Just see how that goes. See if anyone notices and/or complains. I bet if I could go three days without pants other guys may join in, because everyone knows pants are fucking stupid and useless and just create extra hassle especially when you have to take an emergency shit.

I wonder if I moved to Europe or Canada if I could just walk around with no pants like man was meant to. I don't see why not. Just out of curiosity, what countries allow men to walk around pantsless? Are there good ones with houses and electricity, or would I be restricted to a jungle hut country with animals trying to eat me all the time? I kind of would rather wear pants than be eaten by a lion or whatever, but I'd still like to know what my choices are.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
No one is stopping from growing a mustache, bro. http://www.wikihow.com/Trim-a-Mustache

About the 2 pants paragraphs, they are pants on heads retarded. Do you live in a hot place or something? I live in Rio, which is a really warm, and I'm perfectly ok with using pants.

You should go to GD to discuss this kind of shit. Can you read? This is RPG Codex News & Content Comments. Your account is from 2006 anyway, you have the access. Go there and talk about it until your pants come out from your head.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Pants were invented by Iranians, so when you wear them it's Cultural Appropriation. Chuck your pants, shitlords :M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Bubbles: You stopped support on Heroes of Might and Magic 6 long before the game was properly fixed. The version of the game that's being sold right now is riddled with a slew of game breaking bugs. When you equip certain items, you suffer stacking, permanent stat loss that doesn't even show up on your character sheet; you have to pay attention to damage floats in combat just to realize that there's even anything wrong. You may realize that your campaign hero's stats have been completely ruined after 20 or 30 hours of gameplay with no way to fix it. Certain story missions bug out if you take too long to finish them. Multiple skills and abilities are either completely broken or do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Now you're trying to sell us Heroes of Might and Magic 7. How are you going to convince us that this game will ever be in a playable state? Why shouldn't I just wait two or three years after release before I make a purchase, just to see if you're actually going to properly patch this game?

While I was posing my question, Erwan had been smiling and nodding, nodding and smiling. Then he gave his answer: HoMM 6 had suffered from a number of major issues, not the least of which had been the choices of developer and engine [two rather large problems, those]. When Black Hole Entertainment went bust, Ubisoft was unable to provide the necessary technical support for their home made engine; they tried their best, but they couldn't properly fix the game. However, they had learned from their mistakes. The new developers Limbic were reliable people who had experience with the franchise and had already worked on HoMM 6; thus, there was a sense of continuity that was a great help during development. With the Unreal Engine 3, they had an engine that could be easily handled, and that was moddable by the community, should problems with patch support arise. However, such problems were unlikely; Ubisoft were “very committed to providing proper support” for the game, and they would continue to provide support for as long as it was necessary: “Release day is just a date.”

After 4 years of a close collaboration, our partnership with Limbic Entertainment is coming to an end and as such no further updates will be provided for the title.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-announcement-from-the-team

So here are my first 2.2.1 Patch impressions:

- artillery barrage tooltip is still broken
- AI still stays in area of mass persistent spells (it tries to stay in the firewall/blizzard area)
- imperial griffin still disappears from the battlefield after using special ability
- Soul fire does somehow much smaller damage than it should according to tooltip (so it is completely useless)
- Lamasu's plague aura is not working properly: For example, If you teleport lamasu and wait, adjacent enemy units which have not acted yet will not be affected by it.
- Dryad's tooltip is broken
- Imlosion can still be affected by Lucky spells, so it can kill whole stack
- Shadow image shows wrong size multiplier

I was quite sure I was being lied to, but it's always good to have confirmation. If Ubisoft makes another Might and Magic-related game, please do not buy it.

pippin

How do they make money? I mean... I know russians play HOMM3 religiously, but do people actually buy the newer games? Worst thing is I've heard of tons of people who actually got to know the series because of homm6.

Fever

Educated
Oh, I've fought endless don quixotian battles in order to persuade people on Steam not to buy H7. I suppose most of them were in vain, since Limbosoft got enough money to even regurgitate an expansion!

And of course the abomination came long before the most crucial bugs got fixed. Is multiplayer even remotely playable yet? I'm fairly sure the game is still riddled with giant bugs and I swear this is the last scam I'm getting from Ubihole/Limbosoft/Erwan. I hope other fans of HoMM will do the same: it's the only way to free this once-glorious series from Ubishit's clutches.
In the end, Erathia did fall to its enemies.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
So Limbic had the honor to develop the last titles ever for HOMM and MM?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom