Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2015 - The Dwarves, Daniel Vavra, inXile, Sword Coast Legends and HoMM 7

norolim

Arcane
So much text. Are you planning an enhanced edition of this report, with VOs or cutscenes instead of all those letters?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Might and Magic bit... depressing.

Turn based blobbers, it was nice knowing you
lT5eVN5.gif

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got the first Heroes of Might & Magic at our local small town store 'Karstadt' -
which computer section I can remember was once completely dedicated to the C-64, even
got a colour band for the old needle printer still there late 90s, but I digress -
and was quiet taken with it, playing numerous hours hot-seat games with an old friend.
When the sequel was released, we jumped directly into it, but it wasn't the same
captivating experience. I haven't divulged in any HOMM since then.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Good read about crap i dont care about.

Exactly my thoughts.

"You can play Wasteland 2: Director's Cut while you're waiting," he said with a sadistic smile.

My favorite. ))

I got the first Heroes of Might & Magic at our local small town store 'Karstadt' -
which computer section I can remember was once completely dedicated to the C-64, even
got a colour band for the old needle printer still there late 90s, but I digress -
and was quiet taken with it, playing numerous hours hot-seat games with an old friend.
When the sequel was released, we jumped directly into it, but it wasn't the same
captivating experience. I haven't divulged in any HOMM since then.

We had two bags of Alone in the Dark, seventy-five pellets of alredy forgotten games, five sheets of high powered blotter X-Com, a salt shaker half full of Resident of Evil, a whole galaxy of multi-colored strategies, rpg, horrors, quests... Also, a quart of platformers, a quart of Phantasmagoria, a case of tetris, a pint of raw Heroes of Might and Magic, and two dozen Mystoids. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious game collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the HoM&M. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an HoM&M binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

We had 1 PC for for three, we played HoM&M that much for years, that I feel nausea even now...

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Bubbles said:
He inquired after Crooked Bee's health (using her super secret first name) and repeatedly asked us to send her his best wishes.
Much about codex-ubisoft relations is explained.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Might and Magic bit... depressing.

Turn based blobbers, it was nice knowing you
lT5eVN5.gif

But inXile's making one.

It'll probably be the last one with a more-than-next-to-nothing budget behind it. :)

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
KA: With Tim Schafer you have the feeling that they don't operate at peak efficiency just yet.
:):D:lol:

I like the King Art guys and dolls a lot, and the game at least doesn't sound completely like shit, but even if it were the second cumming, I wouldn't back nor buy it, as I despise The Dwarves so much that I couldn't in good conscious partake in making that hack of an author any more money.

Stopped following KCD ages ago; shame the main storyline will be linear as shit, but I still expect to get a lot of enjoyment out of it for other reasons.

Writing-wise ToN continues to be my highest Kickstarter hope, so they better not fuck it up. (Then again, PoE had been second place...)
Will finally play more than the same couple of (beta) areas of WL2 after the DC is released; already expect to be doing the same with BT4.

SCL... I couldn't care less about uninspired cooldown-based co-op with four-character parties in randomly generated dungeons against a dungeon master with weird rules if I tried. If it actually were (even a much smaller scale) 5e successor to BG, NWN or even IWD, tho... Oh well, I'll probably play the single-player for five bucks some day, anyway.

A true shame about all things M&M, but not really surprising, although I have to admit that I hadn't thought that things were quite that dire since Ubi had given Limbic the old-school reins once more after alll, even if on a shoestring budget.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
By the way were you guys mourning for videogames or do you both generally wear whole black?

Minigame laden ARPGs, Unity based tank and spank rpg-adventure game, casual games in turn based mode to 'make players feel intelligent' and the deathknell of a game series. Plenty to feel sombre about.
lT5eVN5.gif

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Minigame laden ARPGs, Unity based tank and spank rpg-adventure game, casual games in turn based mode to 'make players feel intelligent' and the deathknell of a game series. Plenty to feel sombre about.
lT5eVN5.gif

I thought this first day actually had the highest average of quality as far as RPGs were concerned. If you thought The Dwarves was bad, you'll be quite surprised by the next two reports!

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I thought this first day actually had the highest average of quality as far as RPGs were concerned. If you thought The Dwarves was bad, you'll be quite surprised by the next two reports!

This is gonna b gud.

When the next part comes around? Tuesday maybe, as Codex is an established gaming joirno press now?

pippin

re: homm7

Blade%20Runner%204-620x.jpg

____

Ubisoft is one of the strangest companies out there. You know the kind of people behind EA and Activision, but sometimes I feel like Ubisoft is divided into people who don't know what they're supposed to be doing, and people who don't know what they're supposed to be doing who also happen to have a modicum of good taste.

And then there's hell (uplay).

whatevername

Arcane
13735_500.jpg

You need to tell them they have a typo there: somebody wrote 'm' instead of 'd', and that 'r' isn't capitalized in KingComrade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom