Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: No Truce With The Furies

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
So Kasparov, I'm still intrigued by the presence (or the lack thereof) of challenge in your game. Could you elaborate this part a bit more?
Some context to help me out here?

If I did understand your question correctly, then I think it is not dissimilar to AoD, actually - it is weighing your strengths and weaknesses against the available solutions and their levels of difficulty to complete tasks that the game has presented you with.

These tasks vary in scope and can be something fairly straightforward or mundane at first glance, but actually part of a bigger storyline which becomes apparent as you progress.

I seem to remember that Robert (Marat Sar) has actually elaborated on this somewhere as well - perhaps in a discussion about skills? The idea is that you never know the character quirks of an NPC. So something you have thought about (look up: Thought Cabinet) because you did something else earlier, could influence the number of choices you have in an encounter with said NPC.

That "something else" could have been interrogating an NPC tangentially related to this new task in one case, or it could be a result of observing the environment or a character that triggered new avenues of investigation opening up. This depends on your character "build", or where you have spent your skill points.

This explanation is really barebones, I know, but there are bits that could be too spoilery of lore specific to No Truce With the Furies. We'd love to have all of that spread out over time. It'll all become public eventually, but still - over time.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how long until we get the "I always knew it was shit'...'lol Numenera 2'...'CYOA is the death of RPG gaming', 'SJW Undertale like turd'? Do we wait for Roxor and his men to whip the hivemind into a frenzy or will it come from some other source?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
So how long until we get the "I always knew it was shit'...'lol Numenera 2'...'CYOA is the death of RPG gaming', 'SJW Undertale like turd'? Do we wait for Roxor and his men to whip the hivemind into a frenzy or will it come from some other source?
If you squint your eyes at a calendar, you´ll see that that date is around 260 days away.

Prime Junta

Since we're obviously incapable of enjoying actual games anymore, let us at least revel in the hype. It is the only thing we have left.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since we're obviously incapable of enjoying actual games anymore, let us at least revel in the hype. It is the only thing we have left.
So fucking true for me for too long now. Only game I truly enjoyed since Dragonfall was Underrail and that is mostly because I chose to not follow its development at all. I just read people said it is good and jumped right in at release.
Everything else was fun during hype time and then disappointing after release.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Freethinking is a strain in Codex history but 2016 was a bad year for it.

The lack of major RPG releases transformed us pretty much into an alt-right political forum in basically every thread every day.

Are you some kind of faggit? 2016 was the best year of my life for freethinking.

Oh, I see that you are butthurt about your little politically correct narrative crumbling before your eyes.... Stay butthurt, homosexual loser.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Most of the posters with dissenting viewpoints got shut down and went away.
As long as nobody puts ball-gag in my virtual mouth, and things like premoderation doesn't happen I'm not going to poke anyone with a stick with my opinion on it, I like homeostasis on Codex and want to maintain it.
Still, even on sites I was banned I think nobody could seriously call me a fascist for that thing, or nobody could treat this words seriously, so I'm still shocked a bit.
Looks like different cultural enviroment is really... different in a ways that aren't obvious.

Lexxx20

Learned
Kasparov Prime Junta

Hello, comrades! I translated this glorious preview to Russian (stating that that's only a translation and linking the original article, of course!), hope you guys don't mind?

Also, Kasparov would you give our site (GoHa.ru) an honor of answering some questions about your game?

Huge fan since the announcement! And article made me love this game even more.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov Prime Junta

Hello, comrades! I translated this glorious preview to Russian (stating that that's only a translation and linking the original article, of course!), hope you guys don't mind?

Also, Kasparov would you give our site (GoHa.ru) an honor of answering some questions about your game?

Huge fan since the announcement! And article made me love this game even more.
Aw, snap! I can´t speak for Prime Junta, but I think that spreading the good word is never a bad thing. Thanks!

Sure - IM me your questions and if you have any specifically for Marat Sar - I´ll make sure he gets them.

A general announcement:

Our guys Rostov and Mikk are in Boston and will be at PAX East this week-end and we´ll be at SXSW after that. Festival hoppin´.

Last edited:

Lexxx20

Learned
Aw, snap! I can´t speak for Prime Junta, but I think that spreading the good word is never a bad thing. Thanks!

Sure - IM me your questions and if you have any specifically for Marat Sar - I´ll make sure he gets them.

That's great! I'll collect answers from our readers, add my own and send you next week!

Lexxx20

Learned
Я - не против. :)

Замечательно! :)

Sweet, let's do that.

By the way, we were already visited by such prestigious codexers as Vince D Weller and Andrej of Poetic Studio, so if you wish to speak directly to our readers and/or somehow advertise the game, feel free! :) I guess, both Vince and Andrej used Google Translate to understand us :D

Thanks again, guys.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Lexxx20 Great translation!

I have just a few little niggles there:

названного «полевым экспериментом по воспроизведению» (Feld Playback Experiment)

It's Feld (proper noun), not field (поле). So this should be «экспериментом по воспроизведению имени Фэльда» or something like that. (It was referenced again later, as «полевой эксперимент», with the same problem.)

I'm not sure Криминалистика is a good translation for Visual Calculus. Визуальное исчисление?

вы сможете держать в руках пачку сигарет и пистолет, если того пожелаете (тут, наверное, автор шутит – прим. пер.)

Не шутю, это - совсем серьёзно!

готового набить морду любому, кто не согласен с его взглядами

It's not really about opinions, there. "Kipt" is an in-world slur you could use as-is, or, if you're not afraid of going non-PC, something like "чурка" would get the meaning across fine...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexxx20

Learned
Lexxx20 Great translation!

I have just a few little niggles there:

It's Feld (proper noun), not field (поле). So this should be «экспериментом по воспроизведению имени Фэльда» or something like that. (It was referenced again later, as «полевой эксперимент», with the same problem.)

I'm not sure Криминалистика is a good translation for Visual Calculus. Визуальное исчисление?

Не шутю, это - совсем серьёзно!

It's not really about opinions, there. "Kipt" is an in-world slur you could use as-is, or, if you're not afraid of going non-PC, something like "чурка" would get the meaning across fine...

1. Thank you very much!

2. Oh! I thought it was a word play: field in German is feld, so I thought feld experiment = field experimet = полевой эксперимент :) Thanks for clarifying this for me.

3. Yeah, that was my initial translation! But I didn't see the logic :) Will fix it!

4. Okay :D

5. Yeah, I think the administration wouldn't allow me to use it :) I'm already using lots of "фашист" which is not-so-PC...

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
For those who are interested in some moving pictures - if you´re lucky, you could get a glimpse at No Truce With the Furies as part of the Humble Bundle Twitch stream if you tune in on the following address at 11:30 Boston time:

https://www.gamecrate.com/watch-all-pax-east-2017-fun-live/15754

:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

For us poor suckers not in Boston that means Humble Bundle will go live at around 18:30 ZAUM Studio time, in Moscow that is 19:30, Berlin 17:30, London 16:30 ... you get it. Do the math.

LwEHyC5.jpg

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
For those who are interested in some moving pictures - if you´re lucky, you could get a glimpse at No Truce With the Furies as part of the Humble Bundle Twitch stream if you tune in on the following address at 11:30 Boston time:

For us poor suckers not in Boston that means Humble Bundle will go live at around 18:30 ZAUM Studio time, in Moscow that is 19:30, Berlin 17:30, London 16:30 ... you get it. Do the math.

LwEHyC5.jpg
Will there be a recorded version of that for us poor :retarded: YYoutooobers?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

LwEHyC5.jpg
Will there be a recorded version of that for us poor :retarded: YYoutooobers?
And yet on TWITCH:
NTWtF is on at approximately 1:55:00

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom