Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Let's Play Database (3rd Edition)

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do you have a backup of the images that were lost?

So far imgur has proven to be the most reliable, with photobucket and maaaaybe imageshack.us being next. Although I have seen my share of damaged imageshack.us LPs.

Myself, I use postimg.com. The images I made 3 years ago are still there. But I don't make many LPs, so I can't say how it does in general.

Edit:
Hammer & Sickle by Cholo - added to Completed LPs

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Changes to the LP section:
Convoy by Alex Heartnet - moved to Abandoned
Fallout 4 by RK47 - moved to Completed
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri PBEM Game 5 - moved to Vapourware

Blood Bowl 2 by RK 47 - added to Ongoing
Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War by boot - added to Ongoing
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri PBEM Youtube series by jeroendstout - added to Ongoing
Thea: The Awakening by Kayerts - added to Ongoing
The Spirit Engine 2 by Alex Heartnet - added to Ongoing
Vangers: One for the Road by Nevill - added to Ongoing

Changes to the Let's Read section:
The Redeemer by Stereotypical Villain - added to Ongoing

Changes to the CYOA section:
Moved to the CYOA database in a dedicated subforum.

Nevill

Arcane
Sup guys. It occured to me that I've been absent for about 4 months. Did I miss any interesting LPs?

I'll probably continue sorting the LP list out, but it'll be done at a much slower pace.

Changes to the LP section:
Thea: The Awakening by Kayerts - moved to Completed
Dominions 4: EA Helheim by Grimwulf - moved to Abandoned
Dominions 4: LA Bogarus by Grimwulf - moved to Abandoned
The Spirit Engine 2 by Alex Heartnet - moved to Abandoned
The Last Express by Redshirt #42 - moved to Broken (all images missing) :(
Whale's Voyage by Crooked Bee - moved to Broken

WIZARDRY 1: EXTREME EDITION by boot - added to Ongoing
The Witcher 3 DLC by RK47 - added to Ongoing?
Knights of the Chalice by Norfleet - added to Abandoned
The Dark Spire by fluent - added to Abandoned (a Video LP, 5 episodes were made)
Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny (SD) by NotAGolfer - added to Abandoned (6 updates)

Changes to the Let's Read section:
Tongue Lash by toro - added to Completed

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, I probably will. I've seen your Wizardry and TES LPs too. Are they inactive?

Nevill

Arcane
Done. Can you... make a backup of it or something in case the hosting goes down? It is a pretty monumental LP that I enjoyed reading, and seeing those break is extremely sad.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Done. Can you... make a backup of it or something in case the hosting goes down? It is a pretty monumental LP that I enjoyed reading, and seeing those break is extremely sad.
Oh, it is backed up, multiple times, trust me on this one. As for the hosting, most of the updates are on dropbox, but some are still on photobucket (I need to move them when I have some free time - Photobucket has been crap recently). I doubt dropbox will die anytime soon, but if it does, I will be able to restore the LP pretty fast.

Obviously, let me know if you encounter any broken image links.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you remove the spoiler tags in the first post, it will be easier to search for specific games in the LP database.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
9sTmU4yLfJZXCGiHUDm_99KsZB_0oHAfYYc-vBp6q2YvU4yVaM0PAu93KZU7iTl5OMWDQD2hAOOKpeHMt3Y5nC6_oDvaxE893EjuH_wxV1mYb5FNddJv913BibcowS-t=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi Hirato,

This is a reminder that your Public folder links will become inactive on March 15. On that date, your Public folder will become a standard Dropbox folder, and your files will remain safe in your account. If you want to share those files again, you’ll need to use shared links instead.

The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we’ve built more sophisticated ways for you to share securely and work together with your team. In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control.

We understand these sharing methods are not a direct replacement for the Public folder in some cases—we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. For more information on transitioning from the Public folder to shared links, visit our Help Center.

- The Dropbox Team

Dropbox has decided to commit suicide - I was hoping they'd renegade to all the outrage on their forums but no such luck.
A great many of us, myself included had used Dropbox as a semi-persistent image host.

If you're reliant on Drobox for anything, I strongly urge you to stop supporting them financially and moving to an alternative service, from OneDrive, Google Drive, your personal FTP server, or whatever.
If your business uses Dropbox as well, ask them to consider alternatives; if they have an MSDN/Office365 subscription (they probably do for Office, outlook, windows, visual studio etc), Microsoft's OneDrive should already be paid for.

If you like me, used dropbox, or you know of an LP that did, please go to archive.org and ensure every page with content has been backed up.
If we don't do this, those LPs will forever be lost into the aether and that disrepair section's going to grow a lot bigger.

Nevill

Arcane
If you like me, used dropbox, or you know of an LP that did, please go to archive.org and ensure every page with content has been backed up.
If we don't do this, those LPs will forever be lost into the aether and that disrepair section's going to grow a lot bigger.
Hopefully, I'll be downloading your Persona4 LP before that.

But yes, anyone who knows an LP that's on Dropbox, please drop me a note.

Nevill

Arcane
Right. Cleaning up and backing up what can be backed up.

Dragon Age: Origins by Twinkle - marked as Archived. A lot of images are dead, but thankfully, most of it was backed up, so there are only 15 or so lost.

Moved to Damaged:
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light by Crooked Bee - most images missing
Fort Zombie by Multi-headed Cow - all images missing
Hard Nova by Agassi - all images missing
Rogue Survivor (Ironman) by Multi-headed Cow - most images missing
Sepulchre by Satan in the Suburbs - all images missing

Moved to Abandoned:
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny by Pussycat669 *

Moved to Special
Final Fantasy IX French by kingcomrade - it's a joke LP

Edit:
Moved to Damaged:
Shin Megami Tensei by Black Cat
Shin Megami Tensei 2 by Black Cat
Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne by KalosKagathos
Super Press Space To Win Adventure RPG 2009 by memebot3.0b
The Immortal by Black Cat
The Legacy by Black Cat
The Operational Art of War III by Comte
Ultima 7 on the SNES by Silellak
Waxworks by Black Cat

Moved to Special League:
Wizardry 4: The Return of Werdna (Iron Man difficulty) by theverybigslayer
WinZip Pro v15 by Zoidstar

Last edited:

shywn

Savant

I wrote a small script that tickles archive.org's database for LP threads, and let it loose on the 83-page Baldur's Gate thread.

It is currently on page 41 and has saved around 5550 images. (I throttled it down a lot since I don't particularly want to spam archive.org's servers.)

If there's an LP that has dropbox-hosted images that has many, many pages, go ahead and give me the link and I'll plug it into the script.

Or if you want to run the script yourself... (You'll need OS X or BSD/Linux plus a bit of software.)

Nevill

Arcane
Sure thing. Added. I was going to go over what's what this weekend...

Nevill

Arcane
Sooo... I got away from the Codex again. Making the list of LPs I missed...

Ongoing and/or finished:

Let's Play RANCE 5D: The Lonely Girl (NSFW)
Soldiers of Anarchy
Planescape Torment playthrough
Nails -Beginning of Your "Heart Beat"
Let's Play: Battle Brothers 0.9
Lords of Xulima Hardcore/Ironman in 4K
Let's Play Automation Car Company Tycoon
Let's play Occult Chronicles (one completed playthrough)
Let's play A Farewell to Dragons
Let Us Play SMAC PBEM
40K Left4Deathwing Thieves Emprah RAH RAH game
Let's Play Ikusa Megami ZERO: A Codexian Epic Adventure (NSFW)
Let's Play Rule The Waves - added

Broke down due to Dropbox disaster, but were thankfully saved
Let's read Heileen - Archive links on page 4 - preserved with a timely intervention
Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex) - finished and preserved in the archives for future generations

Abandoned?
Let''s Play: The X-COM Files 0.5.2b Alpha! BLIND! - abandoned, but was fun while it lasted
Living In Corporate Shadows: Let's Play (SNES) Shadowrun! - revived for a brief while and died

Was there anything else of note? If you read something cool and enjoyed it, mention it and I'll add it here.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It didn't pass the anime girls quota. :M (added)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom