Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex Invades Steam

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Witcher games poorly designed, seriously? Okay - I want to be one of those poor designers...
Sword turns orange -> click

Ultima 7 has shit combat, too - still a great game.

TeknoBM

Dark Souls Fan
So to get a simple list of how many and who voted for Dark Souls i have to scour through 11 pages of banned users and have a degree in maths ? convenient ...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
So to get a simple list of how many and who voted for Dark Souls i have to scour through 11 pages of banned users and have a degree in maths ? convenient ...
The fuck bro, you blind? First link posted.

KB55UGC.jpg

TeknoBM

Dark Souls Fan
That still doesnt include names but anyway. So a 591 members group, a 4765 followers list, and a site with a couple thousand daily clicks recommend a game that 35 people voted for. Great

Edit. a game that only 35 out of 234 voted for. A 14.96%. This keeps getting better and better.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Witcher games poorly designed, seriously? Okay - I want to be one of those poor designers...
Brittney Spears made millions. Clearly she must be talented.

Alpha Brotocol belongs on the list for at least trying to ape Deus Ex. Arguably has more C&C than Witcher 1. And while it's not as if this Steam social media bullshit is going to cast light on an obscure game but if that's the design the Kodexian Kurators have then something like Alpha Brotocol needs more attention thrown its way than Witcher which is on every dumb fuck's AMG MUST PLAY GUIZ list from Total Dumbfuck to that fat ass Jim Sterling.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And, guess what, putting the combat aside for both games Ultima 7 still blows the fucking doors off of Blizzard in terms of world design, character progression, questing, etc. etc. There's no point in engaging in this type of analytical argument when the end result is still the same. Both games have poor combat thus they're relatively equal?

I'm not sure why you're protesting -- you cover the Watch list and let the Codexers cover the Codex list. No, you are not one of us you filthy double agent!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That still doesnt include names but anyway. So a 591 members group, a 4765 followers list, and a site with a couple thousand daily clicks recommend a game that 35 people voted for. Great

Edit. a game that only 35 out of 234 voted for. A 14.96%. This keeps getting better and better.
Woah, sorry, I got news for you, we aren't a homogeneous blob. It's a pretty damn representative list and most people liked it, even if a game they didn't like or ten were on it. Your post makes it pretty clear that you haven't really looked into how the voting system worked in the first place. I'm not crying you a river about the games I consider shit being on the list; why can't you be cool, too?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And, guess what, putting the combat aside for both games Ultima 7 still blows the fucking doors off of Blizzard in terms of world design, character progression, questing, etc. etc. There's no point in engaging in this type of analytical argument when the end result is still the same. Both games have poor combat thus they're relatively equal?

I'm not sure why you're protesting -- you cover the Watch list and let the Codexers cover the Codex list. No, you are not one of us you filthy double agent!

I'm protesting on behalf of the old Codexers.
Ultima 7 is a 9/10
The Witcher is 8.5/10

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I'm protesting on behalf of the old Codexers.
Ultima 7 is a 9/10
The Witcher is 8.5/10
Whoever did that Witcher review should get Ebola.

Infinitron Dark Souls 2 isnt even in that useless top 70 list. Why is that recommended ?

Wait. First you argue that using the list as basis (which Infinitron doesn't do) is useless, and then you argue against another game because it isn't on the list... wtf
He's like you -- arguing all sides just for the sake of argument.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Easy now, I hate that game too, but I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to like it, such as being Polish.

Drakron

Arcane
Woah, sorry, I got news for you, we aren't a homogeneous blob.

No but it excludes games that had positive reception on the forums and even have positive Codex reviews.

It's a pretty damn representative list and most people liked it, even if a game they didn't like or ten were on it.

No, its pretty representative of some people using it to My Tastes=Codex Tastes>Your Tastes.

Your post makes it pretty clear that you haven't really looked into how the voting system worked in the first place.

And your post is trying to veer conversation onto another direction, these are STEAM recommendations ... would I recommend Baldur's Gate? Yes ... would I recomend BG:EE? NO.
All games that had a positive Codex reception should be included on the list, yet some people are perusing a PERSONAL AGENDA, the Codex might not be a "homogeneous blob" but you are using that as a excuse to downplay other opinions as if yours is somewhat justified.

At this point its a joke, its not THE Codex list, its A Codex list ... l

I'm not crying you a river about the games I consider shit being on the list; why can't you be cool, too?

Funny how you arent mentioning any names ... I blame the system being obscure and not letting us see who added those titles, I can very well think you are the one that added those titles since you are being Blaine-like over this.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Where's that Gothic 3 review from VD that has such glowing praise!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom