Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Leonard Boyarsky on joining Obsidian, Fallout & Bloodlines cut content and more

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We're gonna need some natal charts to be sure.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I wish I did not feel that his fascination with non-rpg fps art was somehow foreshadowing his dream game that has been corrupted by his stint at Blizzard and is going to be as non an rpg as the games he listed.

What made me happy is the Troika guys get together a bunch of times a year. I don't know why, but that piece of information makes the world a little less shitty.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim Cain is an ENFP, so he's naturally interested in human condition.

Did you mean I there because there's nothing extroverted about Tim.

Dude was such a pushover he had to go to Fargo every time the marketing department told him to do something stupid. Meanwhile, Feargus Urquhart would yell right in their faces, and he got a reputation as an asshole because of it.

Fairfax

Arcane

Dude was such a pushover he had to go to Fargo every time the marketing department told him to do something stupid. Meanwhile, Feargus Urquhart would yell right in their faces, and he got a reputation as an asshole because of it.
rating_citation.png
for being a pushover, but I can believe the second part. The "NO, FUCK YOU!" during the Project Eternity stream was remarkable. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
rating_citation.png
for being a pushover, but I can believe the second part. The "NO, FUCK YOU!" during the Project Eternity stream was remarkable. :lol:

His interview in Gamers at Work, which one should read in its entirety but here's the relevant part.
sBwM7mz.png

sBwM7mz.png

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

What is wrong with you?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

That's not what extroversion means in typology.

Extroversion means that dominant cognitive function is extroverted - that is outwardly oriented. In case of ENFP, it's Extroverted Intuition. Which means that what's easiest for him and gives him most energy is brainstorming, seeing possibilities, abstractions, patterns, etc.
Since Extroverted Intuition needs specific environment to work, it often isn't very visible and ENFPs often mistype as INFPs or INFJs.

Introverted Feeling which is secondary in him is interested mainly in harmony, which means that it's not really fond of direct conflicts. It also makes his Extroverted Intuition related to poignant and humane matters. Hence wanting his game to be about to exploring ethics of post-nuclear world instead of finding a new plasma gun.

Moving social dynamics and articulation is done by Extroverted Feeling or Extroverted Thinking which is a tertiary function in Tim which means that using it costs him energy. Management types probably usually have it as dominant or secondary function. But they can be both introverts and extroverts. The same for politicians and MMA fighters.

Kz3r0

Arcane

rating_citation.png
As per his natal chart.

Fairfax

Arcane
What's the context of the "No! Fuck you!" on the stream?
Twitch clip here.

Feargus: "All the South Park people, you have to go back to work."
They say something to him, and he shouts "No, fuck you!".

MCA goes back to his office and says something about his "short-term memory", but I couldn't figure it out. People here said it was something like "wish I could erase my short-term memory", which would make sense.

hpstg

Savant
Twitch clip here.

MCA goes back to his office and says something about his "short-term memory", but I couldn't figure it out. People here said it was something like "wish I could erase my short-term memory", which would make sense.
Is he saying "It's over now! No! Fuck you!" ?

Fairfax

Arcane
Twitch clip here.

Is he saying "It's over now! No! Fuck you!" ?
What I hear is "[inaudible] go to work! No, fuck you!", but you could be right.

hpstg

Savant
We need to dig deeper. Do we have any audio engineers/NSA/FSB people in the forum? I'm sure it would be perceivable with some audio work done.

Also MCA looks and sounds like a chronically abused spouse who has given up. I'm glad he left.

For all we know it could just be the tenth time of Sawyer pitching for a real time Darklands RPG with a vegan protagonist.
:M

Developer
As I can make out from the video, it seems like Chris Parker who's telling the South Park folks to get back to work. And then telling Feargus, "fuck you," and the response from Feargus sounds like, "no, fuck you."

I can’t say for 100% certainty, but it sounds like Chris Parker's voice (back at Black Isle, he was famous for the same sort of well-mannered production directives and in the same tone, so I wouldn't be surprised).

For my comments, I couldn't say, but I'm guessing if I had witnessed an exchange between two owners like that, I might have also wanted my short-term memory erased or lost all faith in my own management, especially considering the timing of the exchange.

Athelas

Arcane
I guess someone's NDA just expired.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom