Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Legends of Eisenwald, Turn Based Strategy/RPG

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
50k $ done! With 9 days to go! Looks like it spiked up neatly today.

EDIT: Beat me to it!

Anyway, congratulations Aterdux!

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Thank you, Zed! That feels good, and it's good to feel to have a good game that is able to reach its goal, just with support of some RPG friendly media! Thank you again for our very first interview!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Congratulations!

Unfortunately I haven't gotten answer from Rob Zacny, but he might get lot of mail.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck YEAH!!!!

Hope at least now the media mentions that the game has reached its goal so we can get female soldier skins when we reach 100k! ;)
Cue the butthurt about the exclusive 'backer scenario' now...:smug:

Yeah, congratulations to our slav bros! I hope they get media coverage now at least. And I hope they get more money for their funding goals! It's sad that they didn't get to RPS. But at least Codex and Gamebanshee reported about them. And great idea of showing that music composer of yours in the latest video! :smug:

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Thank you all again! Seems like many backers appreciate exclusive scenario but want it to be available to others later :) And yes, showing our composer is good - we got tons of positive feedback about the soundtrack and we felt that it would be good for her to say thank you. Another media campaign will start tomorrow, we are cautiously optimistic :)

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gonna definitely pledge to this b4 time runs out. This shit looks fairly glorious. Also, as an American, I tend to notice a lack of purity in most our artistic efforts. Something about this video reminded me of this shortcoming in my country. Does anyone know why this is? The codex draws a fairly international crowd, so I thought I'd pose this question here for better or worse...

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gonna definitely pledge to this b4 time runs out. This shit looks fairly glorious. Also, as an American, I tend to notice a lack of purity in most our artistic efforts. Something about this video reminded me of this shortcoming in my country. Does anyone know why this is? The codex draws a fairly international crowd, so I thought I'd pose this question here for better or worse...

Well I thought it was a lack of next-gen bells and whistles(HDR, filters) along with a naturalistic style(castles don't have black spiky towers, characters don't carry 700 kg warhammers etc.). There's a muted palette to boot, colourful yet not gaudy or exaggerated. I mean look at the 'night' shots; looks like a land bathed in moonlight; nothing is highlighted with bright multicolored lights(fires, magical auras) as other games tend to be.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Art direction is important and it's great you like it. Flashy colors and dark medieval gothic atmosphere don't go well together. And yes, the Erlking is interesting, our writer is good. Seems like improved story line, pack of bosses and characters and castles upgrade are leading now in the poll.

Art direction is important and it's great you like it. Flashy colors and dark medieval gothic atmosphere don't go well together. And yes, the Erlking is interesting, our writer is good. Seems like improved story line, pack of bosses and characters and castles upgrade are leading now in the poll.

Yes your writer seems good, as to search inspiration in real and quality (Goethe) literary work is a huge :incline:. Did you manage to get any coverage from larger gaming sites? Or will you in the near future?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We will have another go at larger gaming sites starting today, this time with some professional help. Let's see what we can do :)
professional help.. did you send hookers along with the press release ? ;)

Congratz on getting the goal, it would be sad if you didn't, a lot of less quality projects get more - but you don't have to worry about that anymore just make us a great game.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Hello everyone! Now when our fundraising drive is over and we caught up on our sleep, I just thought to drop by and revive this thread :) I hope now that we have the funds some of you here still have some interest in our game :)

kazgar

Arcane
Hello everyone! Now when our fundraising drive is over and we caught up on our sleep, I just thought to drop by and revive this thread :) I hope now that we have the funds some of you here still have some interest in our game :)

Congrats again, we thought you may have done a runner from here now you got our hard earned money, but good to see you still around. I think most of us are just waiting to get our hands on game now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, it's the waiting game now. That goes for all the initial kickstarter projects I backed. Waiting for like 5 games or something :D

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Waiting is a tough part :) But our game will most likely come earlier than many others, we just need to come back to normal working mode. Kickstarter campaign took a lot of effort, but it was so totally worth it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom