Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
tfw senpai won't acknowledge your posts but it's ok cause he'll always be senpai
16094bp.jpg
Could be worse, senpai could notice you and call you a speculation monger or a shitty internet attorney. Keep positive!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Blaine getting added to the ignore list wasn't something I saw coming.

Jessica's really attractive though. Like "Are you sure you two are blood-related..?" attractive.

Edit: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Edge you people

I remember some ass old photo where she was leaning on a car hood or something. That was daymn.

I remember seeing a lot more glamour pics like that, but alas, I didn't care enough about it at the time to save them.

On the upside, I did find these peak-Jessica pics from when she was in her early/mid-20s.
h1l27iz.jpg

wG9MYpm.jpg

RepHope and Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybrid must be regretting their disagreement ratings now.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
And in the aftermath, in all likelihood you get to deal with a libel lawsuit which would be pretty hard to dismiss.

It's not libel if true, and the burden of proof lies with the plaintiff. I don't need to be a legal expert to know (and confirm) that; it's very fundamental stuff.

In other words, they must prove that Chris has been spreading untruths in order to win a libel suit.

And that wouldn't be much of a problem, since in relation to Project Indiana, Chris is not much of an insider. He left the company years before Boyarsky joined and he is basically repeating watercooler gossip. Some of it is bound to be inaccurate, and that's assuming Feargus doesn't go all Tyrion Lannister and start leaking fake shit.

Joke: Roguey is a Josh Sawyer alt

Woke: IHaveHugeNick is a Darren Monahan alt

Bespoke: DarkUnderlord is a Feargus Urquhart alt

Fake news. I am actually Tom Cruise, so back the fuck off or you'll be dealing with Xenu.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Blaine getting added to the ignore list wasn't something I saw coming.

Jessica's really attractive though. Like "Are you sure you two are blood-related..?" attractive.

Edit: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Edge you people

I remember some ass old photo where she was leaning on a car hood or something. That was daymn.

I remember seeing a lot more glamour pics like that, but alas, I didn't care enough about it at the time to save them.

On the upside, I did find these peak-Jessica pics from when she was in her early/mid-20s.
h1l27iz.jpg

wG9MYpm.jpg

RepHope and Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybrid must be regretting their disagreement ratings now.

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

Otterz

Literate
Chris Avellone You mentioned your talks with Brian Fargo and your work on WL2, have you been in talks with Brian about WL3? Can you deny or confirm your involvement with the game or otherwise share any info?

/Cheers ! :)

Yes, I've been doing work on WL3, and my work incorporates some of the high-level design elements from Fallout: Van Buren (I say "some" because I proposed some elements, and then George made them better, so I feel he rightfully deserves the credit).

Also, not to gush too much, but working with George again is great, as always, he's a great lead, and I loved working with him on Mask of the Betrayer.

HOLY SHIT, now this is some great news!

Developer
And that wouldn't be much of a problem, since in relation to Project Indiana, Chris is not much of an insider. He left the company years before Boyarsky joined and he is basically repeating watercooler gossip. Some of it is bound to be inaccurate, and that's assuming Feargus doesn't go all Tyrion Lannister and start leaking fake shit.

Really? You chose not to answer anything I brought up, even the owners reaping rewards Indiana deserved and you being okay with that? C'mon, tinynickinyourmouth, you're better than that.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it, you're a shill. Done with you - keep supporting Feargus and shitting over the Indiana team, that's exactly the support they need to make a great RPG, you colossal fuck.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Chris Avellone Why are there so few science fiction RPGs in your opinion, compared the massive amount of fantasy, unike in other media like movies or prose fiction where its more equal. Also, any thematic genres you haven't worked in and would like. Stuff like Vince is doing with his generation ship, or maybe some Eclipse Phase-like posthuman horror?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Something I've been wondering, Chris Avellone if you'd like to share: do you think you have a book in you? You've a large body of work in the game industry that's for the most part been received very well. Now you're financially set, is there an inclination to set some time aside to write a novel; create your own world to tell stories in?

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Really? You chose not to answer anything I brought up, even the owners reaping rewards Indiana deserved and you being okay with that? C'mon, tinynickinyourmouth, you're better than that.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it, you're a shill. Done with you - keep supporting Feargus and shitting over the Indiana team, that's exactly the support they need to make a great RPG, you colossal fuck.

Is this some gigantic belated April fool's joke? Chris Avellone I know was never this rude! It was part of the charm.

2house2fly

Magister
Know what? Are you saying that The Outer Worlds is the title of Tim and Leonard's game, then? :cool:

Jesus Christ, Infinitron, can you give it a break for like, 5 seconds? NO. I am not saying that, I am recognizing what you posted so I could give a proper response that was in the proper context - and you're right, I don't know if it's the actual name of the game at all. Jesus Fucking H Christ, you drive me insane. Have they registered any other trademarks?
Lmao

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Is this some gigantic belated April fool's joke? Chris Avellone I know was never this rude! It was part of the charm.

Chris is just a human like the rest of us. When he gets tired of other peoples bullshit, he calls it out. Working as intended.

Also, change your fucking avatar, you're not Chris Avellone, got it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom