Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by felipepepe, Jan 28, 2018.

1. LizardWizard Savant

LizardWizard
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Why was Destiny 2 on the list

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. I'm With Her SausageInYourFace for prison Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not at all ashamed to report that I honestly don't even know what 'Prey' is, never read or seen anything about it other than the name. Don't really care much for System Shock neither, so maybe thats the reason.

Thanks for polling and doing your statistics thing, felipe!

• Brofist x 3
    • decline x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. HeatEXTEND Learned

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    So, "year of the dip"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    WTF? I am missing something? Isn't Prey an FPS? I completely don't understand this.

• Agree x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Racist x 2
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Dreed Arachne Patron

Dreed
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Absolutely disgusting, D:OS 2 is only good for what it is at best, Prey and Battle Brothers aren't RPG, :ibelieveincleve: should have won :argh:

• Yes! x 5
    • Brofist x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • No x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's got RPG elements™.

The game probably would have sold more if Bethesda had marketed it as an RPG. Fucking morons.

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • meh x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Sooo we have become a rpgwatch tier of casual shit. It seems most of the poseurs here don't even know what rpg is. Only four actual rpgs in the whole top 10. A strategy game with only 80 people spamming the 4point button is higher than some legit rpgs. Fuck you and fuck your sister!!!

• Brofist x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Edgy x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Excited! x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Parrots:
    But you can bang everything in Expeditions Viking... :roll:
    On a more serious note, more of you guys need to play EV already. It's sad day when a gem like this is topped by shit like Prey.

• Brofist x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    Should have putted this one too.

• Funny x 8
    • Agree x 4
    • WTF am I reading x 4
    • Despair x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    :bro: Yeah a lot of poseurs here!

^ Top  
  11. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Parrots:
    The Gaming Forums are a pile of shit. Y'all don't know games.

• butthurt x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Yes! x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Kyl Von Kull Scholar

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    Why the does everyone keep assuming this poll was for RPG of the year? It’s the game of the year poll. I agree it’s remarkably silly that so many non RPGs would do so well on the RPG Codex GOTY poll, but there you go. Maybe Roqua has a point that many Codexians are indifferent to the genre (half kidding). But like so many others have noted, it’s just because there were so few worthwhile CRPGs this year. Elex was very much a diamond in the rough, Expeditions Viking was decent but combat quickly became monotonous, Spellforce 3 was okay but kind of mediocre, and I can’t bring myself to play another Larian game after D:OS. Much like the 2016 election, I just couldn’t bring myself to vote.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It is an RPG of the year award. Felipepepe just prefers to err on the side of inclusion when it comes to genre hybrids. And why shouldn't he? Let's gather as much data as possible. You can always exclude games from the result and create your own "Real RPG" ranking, like I did in my first post in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    I get you mate,i am not big on the genre segregation normally,but it would be naturally to think that "game" for a rpg dedicated forum will be an rpg not a fucking shooter or strategy game. If they go for the inclusiveness they should have added asscreed and call of duty,shitty AAA games. This is just hypocritical to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Parrots:
    Well, I will second this, as unlike Original Sin 2, the writing in EV doesn't make your brain try to leak from your ears with its boundless idiocy.

• Agree x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    We can always do a poll "Non-RPGs of the Year for a Gentleman and Lady" or some other shit. No reason to mix RPGs with non-RPGs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    I don't think it is about not being heard, it is about not caring about the bullshit that is being posted.

When D:OS2 was released, there was some actual discussion about encounters, gameplay mechanics, etc.
    It was pretty good.

Then two other groups took over: the alt-right fascists and storyfags and suddenly it was all about "huehue u can fuck everything, stupid SJWs, shit game" and "horrible writing! AHHHH".
    As if any of that ever mattered much in a turn-based combat focused game. But that's what D:OS2 is now about on the Codex. Whatever.
    With such an "audience", no wonder people who like the game decided to just don't bother partaking in the "discussion".

The combat system with its silly armor was a step down from D:OS 1, but other than that and cheese-wins encounters, the game is rather good. Some great mods out there, too.
    The writing is serviceable, way less ridiculous than in D:OS1. I don't give a shit about romances or what you can or cannot fuck.
    And all of that combined is still good enough to make it to the top of the list. There really wasn't too much of a competition that year. Don't think I gave any game the highest score.

• Brofist x 22
    • Agree x 6
    • Informative x 6
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • butthurt x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    You say that Expeditions Viking has a monotonous combat but Elex was a diamond in the rough, what a fucking joke

Toughest monsters in the game and the only thing they can do is two telegraphed attacks that even my near blind grandmother can see them coming and even a spastic with multiple sclerosis can dodge them.

• Agree x 9
    • butthurt x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Up Yours x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Eh I don't think that's true, I think most of the criticism is (still) about the game mechanics.

Would still love to see this sort of review: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2-release-thread.118260/page-172#post-5436388

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Amazing,you are able to kill the "hardest" monsters 30 hours in the game. At least try and show it as a level one kills mate.

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    More like people who have a clue about anything started noticing how the game is nothing but a watered down set of smoke and mirrors where even something like combat initiative is a fucking sham.

But you can go ahead and let your limited German mindset take over as always and keep bleeting "BAAH! BAAAAAH! FASCISTS! ALT-RIGHT!"

DOS2 is a fucking shit game, but this being the Codex I fully expected it to get first place in the vote because the people around here are completely fucking clueless, and the moment they see pretty graphixxx and turn-based combat they start creaming themselves. But the way it scored SO HIGH managed to surprise even myself.

What a joke.

• butthurt x 19
    • Brofist x 12
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Shit x 4
    • Edgy x 3
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Goldfist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Different people disliked different things in the game. I am a story fag and found the writing terrible at best,never cared what you can fuck. Also a lot of the mechanics become boring fast and many times they are never used after their chapter. Anyway i don't have big problem with DOS2 winning,at least it is an rpg,mediocre one but an rpg.

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    Parrots:
    People picking Prey over Grimoire. And the Codex calls itself a forum for connaisseurs.

My game of the year is Creature Quest. I have been playing it non stop for a year. Most enjoyable adaptation of an RPG to the mobile format I have ever seen.

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Parrots:
    :flamesaw:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    You can always leave, you know.
    Improve the place.

• Funny x 6
    • Edgy x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Racist x 3
    • retadred x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • You're Fired! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)