Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about something like this:

RPG Codex 2015 GOTY

Age of Decadence
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord
AntharioN
BloodLust Shadowhunter
Caribbean!
Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge
Citizens of Earth
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dex
Dragon Fin Soup
Dragon Quest Heroes
Evoland II
Fallout 4
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hand of Fate
ICY
Kyn
Life is Feudal: Your Own
Pillars of Eternity
Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition
Serpent in the Staglands
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Sunless Sea
Sword Coast Legends
Tales of Zestiria
The Amber Throne
The Dwarf Run
The Fall of Dungeon Guardians
The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Undertale
Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
Victor Vran
Wave of Darkness

Top Tacticool
Blackguards 2
Chroma Squad
Fallen: A2P Protocol
Hard West
Invisible, Inc.
Legends of Eisenwald
Mordheim: City of the Damned
Telepath Tactics
Templar Battleforce
Voidspire Tactics

Best Remaster / Translation / Console Port
Agarest: Generations of War 2
Avernum II: Crystal Souls
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon
Fairy Fencer F
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (and 2 & 3)
Legend of Heroes: Trail in the Sky SC
Mugen Souls
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut
Toukiden: Kiwami
Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Way of the Samurai 4
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

I don't know if these should count, but here are some more games I think might be eligible for voting

Thea: The Awakening (Tacticool)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/378720/?snr=1_7_15__13

Templar: Battleforce
http://store.steampowered.com/app/370020/?snr=1_7_15__13

Reverse Crawl
http://store.steampowered.com/app/400660/

Celestian Tales: Old North
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315860/?snr=1_7_15__13

Then there are more games that I won't post links to, because they only have rpg elements like Armello, Satellite Reign and some others.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Imo 1 to 10 scale for every game people played and shadowban on 1 and 10 scores.
This would create 2-9 scale without hype-hate brigades fucking scores with their 1 and 10s which can be later converted to 1-8 score on final paper and with float you can as well make it 1-5 scale like earlier.
I like your system: it's simple, straightforward and the end result has nothing to do with how people voted.
:mrpresident:

Perkel

Arcane
I prefer when voting structures are clear and my system would prevent abuse. Votes would need to be open to count (posts) and I volunteer for freely compiling them on a Excel spreadsheet and posting the results.

Anyone voting for Fallout 4 or other popamole will be seriously consider for the voting, but also added to the casual shaming thread user list.

Your system is popularity contest not which RPG is the best. In your system AoD would be dead last and even Fallout 4 would be before it simply because more people would play it and even shitty score would be more than AoD getting max points from few people.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
How about we just pick one from the list and take a second to think about how much time we just saved as compared to some bull shit political science major's last attempt for self-assertion.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
How about we just pick one from the list and take a second to think about how much time we just saved as compared to some bull shit political science major's last attempt for self-assertion.

RPG Codex 2015 GOTY
1 Age of Decadence
2 Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord
3 AntharioN
4 BloodLust Shadowhunter
5 Caribbean!
6 Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge
7 Citizens of Earth
8 Crypt of the NecroDancer
9 Dex
10 Dragon Fin Soup
11 Dragon Quest Heroes
12 Evoland II
13 Fallout 4
14 Guild of Dungeoneering
15 Hand of Fate
16 ICY
17 Kyn
18 Life is Feudal: Your Own
19 Pillars of Eternity
20 Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition
21 Serpent in the Staglands
22 Shadowrun: Hong Kong
23 Sunless Sea
24 Sword Coast Legends
25 Tales of Zestiria
26 The Amber Throne
27 The Dwarf Run
28 The Fall of Dungeon Guardians
29 The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles
30 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
31 Undertale
32 Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
33 Victor Vran
34 Wave of Darkness

Perkel

Arcane
Ok then.

I think it's a fair system still. If Fallout 4 ends up in front of AoD, so be it. Just casual shame everyone who voted for it and the problem solves itself.

No it's not. Amount of people voting in your system is far more important than scores. If game will have 10 voters it will almost always loose against game with 100 voters becase 10 voters giving game 10 points will always be less than 100 voters giving game 2 points.

Imo 2-9 system is superior. People who know about shadowban will be closely contained to dex forum, people who will vote from outside won't know about it and hate-hupe trains will derail. Even dex hype-hate train would derail imo looking at this thread where only few people talk.

Imo 1-5 star system would be best if we could contain it to members who have at least half a year or year account but that would still leave people who make accounts here just to vote coming back year later precisely to skew data. And yes people are that retarded.

I'd rather see proper Kodex Konsensus than rpgcodex* goty list
* mostly rpgcodex community

If i would be a dev for some RPG game then KK would mean way more to me than some random journos award.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

BTW what do you people think about making crowdfunding for physical goods ? I mean there are shitload of companies who could make proper 'dex statuetes for cheap.
And with some people we could fund some proper jew gold trophy and not some plastic garbage jornos give.

Last edited:
Weasel
I thought last year's system worked pretty well. Adding a couple of categories as Felipe suggested, as well as having the editor's choice with write-ups as we had last year, would work fine. Fortunately there will be plenty of butthurt with any system given what we've already seen with PoE and AoD this year.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Ok then.

I think it's a fair system still. If Fallout 4 ends up in front of AoD, so be it. Just casual shame everyone who voted for it and the problem solves itself.

No it's not. Amount of people voting in your system is far more important than scores. If game will have 10 voters it will almost always loose against game with 100 voters becase 10 voters giving game 10 points will always be less than 100 voters giving game 2 points.

If 100 voters give Fallout 4 2 points, just add 100 people to the casual shaming thread. You sound kind of dense imo.

Viata

Arcane
Ok then.

If 100 voters give Fallout 4 2 points, just add 100 people to the casual shaming thread. You sound kind of dense imo.
Whoever vote in Fallout 4, be it 1 or 10, shall be added to the casual shaming thread.

Shin

Cipher
Can't we just cast a bunch of votes and -then- figure out how to count them in order to let AoD beat F4 triumphantly?

Closed Beta Testing; Release Date

Hi guys. It is my pleasure to announce that the game has now entered beta stage and will be released in full on December 21st 2015. As before it will be available on Steam and GamersGate, but now also on GOG.com.

UnderrailReleaseDate.jpg

In the following two weeks we will be doing closed beta testing to make sure the game has as few bugs as possible on release.

Also a little heads-up: at some point between now and full release the game's price will be increased from its early access/alpha price to its full price. Those of you who have followed us since the early days know well that the game has since grown in scope and quality far beyond that of the initial release.

Thank you all for being patient with us throughout the years, the long wait is now at an end.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
CANCEL AOD first place.

Shit just got real. Underrail confirmed 100 % best GOTY 2015 RPG.

No need to vote now. gg

Weasel
But if it's only released on the 21st the Roxor review is unlikely to hit before 2016, so it'll have to wait for next year's vote.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
If, after all these years of waiting for AoD, newcomer Underrail should really manage to steal away AoDs almost guaranteed first place, just in the last few moments before VD finally fulfills his destiny and acquires everlasting Codexian glory, I'm gonna giggle like a little girl.

Age of Decadence, Second Best RPG of 2015.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom