Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Fairfax

Arcane
VOTING HAS BEGUN: http://goo.gl/forms/MxdeoMNLsq

I was looking at the release schedule, and the only RPG releases left this year are Early Access stuff, RPGMaker crap and the PC port of Lightning Returns.
Don't know how this works (I'm a new user, after all), but figured the award could be debated already? The 1-5/5 and Top 10 format seems very odd to me, is it going to be used again?

Last edited by a moderator:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
christen Fallout 4 in the name of God.

9sSG49Q.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What debate, what poll, what discussion?
Fallout4 won this year.
No need to hide behind prestigious bubbling.

ban all the Toddcunts
Forget about it. Otherwise you need to kick out 75% of all codex staff.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, but first we need to remove Alpha Protocol from the Top 70 PC RPGs.

I will remove you, with my knives

Pretty sure if we just counted number of Codexers who played X game FO4 would be near the top

Perhaps DU should finally make use of that keylogger & credit card transactions database and ban all the Toddcunts

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Unless you want to hype games for the holiday sales ('sup Geoff), there's no reason to do a GOTY award before the year has ended.

Remember that last year NEO Scavenger was released in Dez 15 and was #3 at the voting.

Fairfax

Arcane
IMO this system (i.e. giving points rather than voting in a poll where you can easily vote multiple times) worked much better: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codexs-best-crpgs-vote-only-thread.88946/
Yes, that's a good system.

Unless you want to hype games for the holiday sales ('sup Geoff), there's no reason to do a GOTY award before the year has ended.

Remember that last year NEO Scavenger was released in Dez 15 and was #3 at the voting.
Not suggesting it should be rushed or anything, just saying there's no game left to wait for. I thought it'd be useful to debate the it earlier because RPG is a controversial genre to fit games in, I imagine there's some discussion regarding eligible games and whatnot.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
we'll do it when the year is over

you wanna do that community vote thing again? with your maths and stuff

Haraldur

Augur
Has enough time passed that a new top 50 or 70 list would not be overly skewed in favour of the recent (including kickstarter-related) releases? I believe the most anticipated not-yet-released title is Torment: Tides of Numenera. Would any of the newish games reach the top 10, at the expense of Gothic 2, Wizardry 8 or Morrowind? Would Fallout: New Vegas drop from the top 10? Would Fallout 4 beat Alpha Protocol?

pippin

Neo Scavenger had early access though, so a number of people were already familiar with it.
GOTY Editions, as I see them, are more of an excuse to provide players with all the dlcs in one package. It does not mean anything anymore as a term.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Has enough time passed that a new top 50 or 70 list would not be overly skewed in favour of the recent (including kickstarter-related) releases?
Nah, still too soon. At the very least we need Torment and Underrail to be released & a few months old.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Age of Decadence - or Fallout 4 for the lulz. Then there's always Twitcher 3. Or we could name Pillars as our Neutral-Positive GOTY.

Duckard

Augur
I haven't even touched Witcher 3, but it's going to win judging from the fact that it's an established series with AAA production values, whereas AoD looks like was made by 6 guys on aggressively out of date tech and is probably too hard for 90% of players.

Has enough time passed that a new top 50 or 70 list would not be overly skewed in favour of the recent (including kickstarter-related) releases? I believe the most anticipated not-yet-released title is Torment: Tides of Numenera. Would any of the newish games reach the top 10, at the expense of Gothic 2, Wizardry 8 or Morrowind? Would Fallout: New Vegas drop from the top 10? Would Fallout 4 beat Alpha Protocol?

Is Fallout 4 so well-liked here that it could even appear on the list? Even fans of Fallout 3 are criticizing it for being a bad rpg or a bad Fallout game or just plain calling it shit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AoD looks like was made by 6 guys on aggressively out of date tech and is probably too hard for 90% of players.
You say that like it's a bad thing... :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom